• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen help on pokemon fire red

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    hi im stuck on a part were i beat the elite four but first i captured a moltres with my master ball and my articuno with a poke ball now its entie i need to know how to find entie please help me

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    This belongs in the Advance Generation games discussion. I'll move it there for you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Well, first, you have to had started with Bulbasaur to get it. Then, you need to get the National Pokédex. Finally, it will appear in random locations in Kanto. Once you find it for the first time, you can use the Pokédex to check where it is. Be aware that it moves every time you switch routes.

However, judging by your post, it appears that you need Zapdos, not Entei. That's quite a bit easier - go to the Power Plant (go to Rock Tunnel, go all the way up until you find a spot where you can Surf, and Surf all the way round), and work your way through the maze. Zapdos is waiting for you at the end.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    He only said "find". But anyway, if you want to catch them as well, catch a Wobbuffet in Cerulean Cave. Its ability stops Entei running away as soon as you find it, as long as Wobbuffet stays in battle.

Also, something a lot of people don't know is that anything you do to a running Pokémon stays when you find it again. So you can put it to sleep and gradually weaken it before attempting to catch it, as you would any other Pokemon. It just takes a lot longer.

evilmagikarp94

Don't mess with Magikarp!
    Years
  • The legendary dog will only appear depnding on your starter:

Spr_4d_001.png
    =
    Spr_4d_244.png

Spr_4d_007.png
    =
    Spr_4d_243.png

Spr_4d_004.png
    =
    Spr_4d_245.png

After you beat the Elite four it'll randomly appear in any grassy spot, so be prepared. With Ultra balls, a Pokemon that knows Mean Look (To prevent it from fleeing). If it flees you'll be able to see where it is by checking the area on your pokédex. It moves around though.

Spr_4d_092.png
    = Ghastly knows mean look

PsyMaster

Your mind is mine to control.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2016
    The legendary dog will only appear depnding on your starter:

Spr_4d_001.png
    =
    Spr_4d_244.png

Spr_4d_007.png
    =
    Spr_4d_243.png

Spr_4d_004.png
    =
    Spr_4d_245.png

After you beat the Elite four it'll randomly appear in any grassy spot, so be prepared. With Ultra balls, a Pokemon that knows Mean Look (To prevent it from fleeing). If it flees you'll be able to see where it is by checking the area on your pokédex. It moves around though.

Spr_4d_092.png
    = Ghastly knows mean look

Hey man thanks for this, i had squirtle tryin to catch suicune but raichu always came up.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    thanks ive beaten the pokemon leage already i have a good team lv 75 articuno lv 76 nidoqueen a lv 54 moltres a a bulbasuar a venuasuar lv 64 and togepi lv 5

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It runs around after u get the NatDex, get a pokemon with mean look or SpiderWeb.

EvilMuffinKate

Mimi! XD
    Years
  • Tough... Did you choose bulbasaur as your starter?

Because when I saw your team, I saw that it has a venusaur and a bulbasaur... did you trade or something or is Bulba your starter

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Unless you chose Charmander as your starter, I'd suggest using a Dugtrio. Not only is it fast, but its Arena Trap ability prevents the Dogs from escaping.

Otherwise, use Mean Look. As stated earlier, Gastly is the best example of a fast Pokemon that can get Mean Look in before they can escape.

Years
  • Yeah id suggest a mean look gastly or perhaps just trying your luck fight, dog runs, fight, dog runs repaeat until caught harder but sometimes it can be fun (unless it has a really bad nature :P)

Back