• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tropical Storm Hannah

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
Years
  • It is scheduled to hit my state soon, and im hoping itll be NOTHING like Fran. Everyone is gonna be affected, no matter where in NC they are. Do you think it will be bad, and what is the worst hurricane you've ever been in?

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • Well... to tell you the truth I've never been in a hurricane, but I know some guys who are currently alive (Hooray!) and were canoeing in the New Orleans Area during katrina, they were okay, not entirely unscathed but okay, sorry about the hurricane though I hope it dissipates before it hits land.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    To be honest, If I were you, I would be more worried about Hurricane Ike.

Hanna seems to be a storm that will not do significant damage. I hope everything will be fine though. The worst hurricane I've been in was Hurricane Jeanne in 2004. Jeanne was the only hurricane that I remember that actually hit us. We already had Charley, Frances, and Ivan earlier that year as well.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • To be honest, If I were you, I would be more worried about Hurricane Ike.

Very true. Although, Ike isn't really a North Carolina problem, from the looks of things, it's more of a direct hit on Florida problem. Some speculate to be the next Andrew. *shudder* Edit: And now it looks like it'll indeed take the path of Hanna, we'll just have to see. =/

Rachellder, Hanna may hit you, but it's nothing more than a category one (At best, the news has said) That's not much of your worries. It's still a Hurricane so be aware and make sure everybody takes the necessary measures, but it shouldn't be too bad. Ike, which is obviously days to weeks away, is the hurricane to worry about, it's already projected to hit Florida at Category Four force. Judging by what you're saying, you live in NC or SC, not Florida. It should pan out over the next few days, but Hanna shouldn't be too much of a concern. Although no one should ever underestimate one, be careful. Depends how things unfold, we'll just have to wait and see. Luckily it's not going to hit the Florida coastline (only cause sand erosion, grr)

Anyway, the worst Hurricane I've ever been in was Isabel. Back when I lived in Virginia, it was a Hurricane that pretty much landed directly on VA. It was one of the most costly hurricanes in history, and we got hit pretty hard. But eh, I'm still typing, looks like I survived that one. XD;

Last edited:

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I don't think you should be too worried about Hanna. We're supposed to be getting heavy rain all day on Saturday because of it and I'm going to treat it like a regular day. XD
    Worst Hurricane? Definitely Isabel. It was terrible. There were tree branches and limbs all over our yard. A neighbor's tree tipped over, and the power was out for over a week. We had to go to a hotel because we were sick of not having power.

Last edited:

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • It is scheduled to hit my state soon, and im hoping itll be NOTHING like Fran. Everyone is gonna be affected, no matter where in NC they are. Do you think it will be bad, and what is the worst hurricane you've ever been in?

Ike is supposed to be worse than Katrina and Floyd. Im in NC and we are supposed to get some wind and rain tomorrow. But Hanna go broken up after it hit the coast. You can look where they are going here:

National Hurricane Center

Its predictions on where they are going. I don't think Josephine will be soo bad coz it's all the way out there. And I mean wayyyy out there. But they say Ike is going to go straight into the Gulf, so that means by by New Orleans for good if it gets there

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Our Science teacher actually brought this up today. He says Ike is going to be worse than Katrina. We're on the edge of North Carolina and South Carolina, so it's going to be pretty brutal weather for us. I'm not too keen on the specifics of Hurricane Ike yet. Hurricane Hanna poses no real threat, it's only a Tropical Storm so it's nothing to be that worried about. >:<

Years
  • I live in the Mid-Hudson Valley of New York and Hanna looks to be the strongest storm to come through since Floyd in 1999. When Floyd came through, power was knocked out for about twenty-four hours, longer than during the 2003 Northeast Blackout. Currently my county is under a Tropical Storm Wind watch and I don't recall the was time that was issued for my county.

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    We're being affected by Hanna right now. It's pouring and pretty windy too.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I've been to a hurricane, I think it was the hurricane Millenyo which is totally scary, the most scary part is my dog is outside, and when my mother came to check the outside, a frame almost hit her!

Seriously, It was a time when I saw roofs fly. SERIOUSLY.

I think Fran went to our country, but it didn't experienced it though. I heard Ike and Hannah was worst than Katrina. I even hard a whole state (or something) evacuated! It must really be horrible!

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    As I type this I'm watching my window and I can't even describe the winds right now. The trees are blowing every which way no less I'd say than 20 miles per hour. The rain is pouring so hard there should be a new word for it. And all I can say is, this is most definitely... tropical.

Back