The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Third Generation
Reload this Page FireRedLeafGreen Would you like a FRLG Remake?

Third Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old June 21st, 2016 (12:05 PM).

I know it probably wont DIRECTLY happen, but a remake for Red and Blue would be awesome.
I wouldn't want to see it on the 3DS, but hopefully something like that will happen on a future date on a more advanced console.
What do you guys think?

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 21st, 2016 (2:20 PM).
You want see Yoshi? I show you fist!

Nature: Hasty
Oh, not for a while with the VC releases out. I could see one happening though.
[21:44:44] @PokeCommBot: bruxish is an awful pokemon
All hail the mighty PokeCommBot
#TeamPopplio SHINY HUNT: Bulbasaur, 45 eggs hatched
Discord, Battle server
Old June 21st, 2016 (4:53 PM).
Legend

I'd prefer it for a new console and not for the 3DS. But I'd be open to it.

Pokémon CAWPS

Pokémon Korosu

Credit to Corazon for banners.
Old June 22nd, 2016 (12:11 AM).
Requiescat en pace.
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
I would love to see a FR/LG remake. It's disappointing when I see someone hate on the idea of it, that remakes are abhorrent things. The reality of it is Fire Red is the one game out of the whole series that I've chosen to replay the most. I'm sure I'm not alone, and that counts for something.

The better part of my brain says it won't happen. A company like Game Freak has its sights set on the future, new stories and new designs. But who knows in the end.
Old June 22nd, 2016 (12:15 AM).
#TeamPopplio
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
I don't know, I don't think that this will hapen.
I think that in the new console there is gonna be a D/P remake.
But actually I would really like seeing FR/LG Remake.
Old June 22nd, 2016 (4:00 AM).
Guess who's back!

not really . it be cool if it had a whole different story line maybe new places and like in real life you know cities grow through out the years so some places may look different? and even better with the same old sprites

Theme credit: Himawarii
Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:33 AM).
The Sky's The Limit
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
I personally would love a FR/LG remake, it would be great to see Kanto in 3D and although we have seen a lot of the region through the years it would be a new twist on it and who knows we could see some new areas introduced. If Game Freak opted to go down the FR/LG route instead of Red and Blue then we could the Sevii Islands return which I think would look amazing with the modern graphics.

Despite all this I don't think it will happen for some time, I'm thinking for the 25th anniversary of Pokemon, that would be a significant enough event to remake the original games again but I'm not sure...
Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:31 PM).

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to S-MAN
All I can think of is a proper union cave and the rest of the missing/incomplete content they didn't end up releasing outside of Japan..

4/26/2016
Looky
Pokemon music!
Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:02 AM).
You already know it

Nature: Hardy
I prefer a sequel to the game instead of a remake.Because if they make another Kanto game they better involve a Legendary Pokemon on it (preferably Mew and Mewtwo)because the storyline of FRLG was too lame IMO.Also adding more post content on Sevii Islands would be amazing.

GF did well on making BW2,so this should be possible I think.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (8:12 AM).
✿ flower keeper ✿

Nature: Gentle
I would personally love a FR/LG game, though I agree with The Annoying Rollout above, if there is a remake I'd love to see something new added. Maybe a Battle Frontier-like facility, some more legendary Pokémon (whenever it's remade, the legendaries from that gen and some past gen legendaries? Or seeing Mew catchable in the game like Deoxys was in ORAS would be suuuper cool), and of course expansion on Sevii Islands.

I'd also love to see lots more smaller islands (like legendary Pokémon islands?) around the main Sevii Islands too, that'd be pretty cute~

Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:59 PM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Quiet
I think we've had enough remakes/releases featuring the same Kanto that we're used to, so I don't think I'd be jumping up and down if we were to get another remake.

That said, seeing as how we're 25 years past the original in a few years, I agree that I'd like to see a game set that far ahead in the future, and be able to travel an advanced and expanded Kanto (and Johto too). It'd be fun to see old characters return, and it'd give the opportunity to introduce new ones as well. Just being able to have some new adventures in familiar places would be great, instead of the same stories we've played countless times before.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:00 AM).
Solgaleo is the king!!!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hamgaleo
What about VR? Um I would like FR/LG on 3ds But would it can release on VR :p

Go Solgaleo!!!
Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:02 PM).

Nature: Docile
that would be very exciting, what a lame when they decided to have a remake of sapphire and ruby.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (3:52 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Kanto is a region that I feel gets more exposure than everything else so no, don't want a FR/LG remake.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (4:07 PM).
forever dreaming
Platinum TierCS

Nature: Quiet
FR/LG were actually my most disliked remakes, mostly because it took the concept of "Gotta catch 'em all" very literally. If you ever hope to make any sort of progress within the story, you have to catch Pokemon you don't want to catch, whether you like it or not, and I think this in itself really just grates my nerves. What's even more ridiculous is that in order to access the best part of the game, which is the Sevii Islands, you had to catch even more Pokemon that you probably don't want to catch for the sake of. Idk, that part bothered the crap out of me to no end but everything else about FR/LG was ok.

That being said, I wouldn't want to see a remake. With the recent re-releases of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow on 3DS Virtual Console, there's really no reason for Kanto to get any more exposure than what it does currently. The region has been literally beaten to death and back. It's time to let it rest in peace and for most of us to look upon it in fond memory.

... to paint you all my dreams?

Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:28 PM).
i'm in your conscience
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Not particularly. Remaking a remake seems strange. Plus, Kanto is just...boring to me, especially after all that we've seen since then. Pokemon has grown a lot, and while it would be great to see Kanto in beautiful gen VI graphics and experience Kanto in a less primitive way, I'm honestly just tired of seeing it. I'm sure that Game Freak could come up with a way to make it new and freshen up the region, but...eh. I would rather focus on games that really need a remake (Diamond/Pearl) and new regions. Kanto had its run.
Old 1 Day Ago (10:00 AM).

Personally, no. I believe that they shouldn't revisit Kanto again. However, I believe that a ROMhack should be made. There's tons of ones out there that hit parts of what I want. Basically I just think that someone should make one identical to Throwback with the addition of Mega Evolution for Gen 1 and Gen 2 Pokemon. Gen VI was a bit of an ode to Gen 1 in a lot of ways. It featured so many mega evolutions of the original pokemon. In addition to that the fact that you got a second starter from Kanto so early on made almost everyone switch to that one for the duration of the game. That's honestly part of why I enjoyed X so much. It had the original Pokemon added back in.

Actually the only other thing that I desperately want in a Pokemon game remake is an in game tournament mode. Something like the Battle Dome but in Gen 1. I was such a fan of that in the Anime.
Old 5 Hours Ago (6:18 AM).
Citizen of Kanto

Nature: Quirky
I would love a 3ds remake for it. Who doesn't love Gen 1? Would really like to see Kanto with the updated graphics, moves, and game mechanics
Strongest Pokemon: Vaporeon (1096)
Rarest Pokemon: Pinsir, Dratini
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links