< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Third Generation RubySapphireEmerald Emerald's animated sprites

Notices

Third Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Reply Post Reply

Old 4 Days Ago (10:46 AM).
darkness becomes me
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Do you guys like these? I mean, I remember being excited about Emerald bringing back animated sprites like they had in Crystal, but idk. They don't have as much charm to them. Most of them just kind of hop around a bit or something and I don't find it interesting. Not that they're terrible, but compared to Crystal, I prefer them. They have their own charm though, but maybe I'm just biased because Emerald is my favorite game.

So do you guys have any favorites? I like Combusken's, mostly for the still haha.

a thousand silhouettes dancing on my chest

Relevant Advertising!

Old 4 Days Ago (12:19 AM).
Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe

They were ok but ruby/sapphire has some mediocre sprites to begin with (especially Pokemon that couldn't be obtained in the original game without cheating)
Old 3 Days Ago (8:24 AM).
darkness becomes me
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
I agree. Even some of the Pokemon introduced in that game look really off compared to their artwork, like Shiftry. I used to think it was scary only until I saw how it was supposed to look, then I was alright with it...if I didn't stare at the sprite too long. :P But yeah, the non-native Hoenn Pokemon all look pretty terrifying. Mostly in the eyes too. It's always the eyes...ick.

Also, this is kind of horrific, but adorable at the same time. Or I have problems. Haha.

a thousand silhouettes dancing on my chest
Old 3 Days Ago (1:39 AM).
pure imagination.
ModeratorCS

Nature: Quiet
I liked that a lot of the Electric type Pokemon had sprites where they were 'charging up'- Pikachu, Electabuzz, Zapdos, Magneton, and probably a few others would flash yellow during their animation.

Two of my least favorite though were Pidgeot's and Spheal's animations. For whatever reason, they both decide to do somersaults, which I get is excusable for a ball-shaped Pokemon like Spheal, but not so much for Pidgeot.
    

Third Gen Poll of the Month: Legend- wait for it... [May 2016]
Old 2 Days Ago (4:00 AM).
One Puunchhh

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Omega
Atleast they were better than Gen 1's sprite :D
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links