• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: help my

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    It's not so difficult to have 24 characters in a post so I don't see why you're complaining. That limit isn't going to be changing anytime soon unless higher staff miraculously decide to change it just because you can't reach it.

If you have a problem reaching it, expand your vocabulary.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • if you are posting more then 24 chars and getting this error.. log out and clear any pokecommunity.com cookies, close the browser, then log back in.. that SHOULD fix it.

Years
  • Think what you like about the rule, but you won't think it's as stupid when you garner the reasoning behind its existence. The 24 character limit is there in hope that members would actually put more effort into making their posts more constructive and worth reading, it's a community rule that is essential for areas where creative topics exist and bring upon more vibrant discussion amongst other members. And I'm sure many people wouldn't like to see lazy posters in these areas.

24 characters is essentially 4 words, so it doesn't take rocket science to actually reword a sentence so it fulfils the limit in place.

Years
  • It's there so people don't turn into spamming zombies, like Steve's Avatar.

Get over the rule, it's not going to change.

lmao @ bypass

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • The rule can get quite obnoxious sometimes. But (going by a hunch) it's really just to prevent spam...I think. It's not that hard to make 24 characters. It can be quite the bummer sometimes, but we gotta live with it!

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I know the special bypass, but I don't want to tell people.

Mostly because it is obvious.

Years
  • I don't understand any of his posts.
    I hated the rule as a newbie but then after learning the importance of not having SPAM
    I know that it is definitely not the rule that is stupid but the short posts that is stupid.
    If your message is not pointless then it is very likely to be more than 24 characters.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Why do you hate it?

If a post isn't 24 characters, it most likely isn't good enough to add anything to a topic or discussion.

24 characters is also to stop noobs doing this:

"omg great"
    or "wow"
    or "10/10"
    or "6.53453451/10"
    or "write more"
    or "i want the beta"
    or...well, you get the idea.

It's not stupid. It's meant to stop people being stupid.

Back