• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pass the sprite~

Status
Not open for further replies.

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years
Poll for new rule?
Only 2 recolors per sprite; and not within a certain amount of passes of each other.
Recolors are getting annoying, as they normally kill the shading or stop people THINKING of what to add.
Maybe we should add some palettes on first page too, to stop the shading death.

Onto the current sprite, i cant do much. The shading on the head and lower body needs to be redone.
I'll join back in on next sprite, which i think should be in 1/2 passes.

Years
^ I already did add a rule limiting recolors a few days ago.

Simply recoloring is NOT allowed. If you must recolor, it should be relevant, and you should also add something else.

For example, the ones on this Alakazam are NOT relevant. >This one< is, slightly, but still not done well. That would be one of the few times where recoloring would be allowed, if it was to help the leaves blend in better. But since they used some weird lime green, I wouldn't have allowed it.

So, from now on:

NO MORE RANDOM RECOLO(U)RS.

It's getting a bit ridiculous, and looking back, most of the problems with previous sprites were caused by recolors.

2hdpgt4.png

New sprite.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
zsp8no.jpg

Metang-afied. For the record that wasn't a pointless recolor, he would of looked even more retarded without it.

Years
polubama.png

A team rocket lab scientist thought it would be a GREAT idea to combine a poliwag and an abomasnow.

Needless to say, he was fired the day after.

This place looked interesting. Just some poliwag features. I wanted different eyes, but poliwag type eyes looked horrid, so I settled for white.

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years
I claim a recolor for later, once i can access photoshop.
So nobody recolor :P

I have an nice idea...
However adding to the shape wont change anything ^+^

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Read the Rules. Simply recoloring is not allowed. You must add something to it, and the recolor must be relevant.

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years
I never said it would be simple. >.>
You should have waited until i posted the picture before telling me it was already irrelivant.
Because it wont be.

Last edited:

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years
I deleted half of windows by accident last night... Can no longer join in. =/
On the other hand i have bought Pokemon Pear.

sorry guys

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Abomasnow worked out a bit and now is in his perfect shape ;p (wow first sprinting since long time xD):

sytru0.png

Years
Finished my project to do in Web Design class. In the class before; when we were just supposed to be "thinking" about it. :3 So I thought I'd do one of these. Surprised Photobucket wasn't blocked.

snoverchange.png

I was looking at his feet, and they seamed duckish! I wanted to use Psyduck's colors, but they were just too bright, so I went with Psyduck's second darkest color and Diglets.
Changed the tail, tweaked some shading in the body and tweaked the little clumpies on the head thing. Oh and kinda attempted to make his hands (now arms) seem a bit feathery. Not sure about that.

Addition: Haha, see what was lost. I was comparing it to how it started, and see that it's head and arm lines were lost behide the flowing head addition. I didn't see that and changed it to just a smaller head and arm thing. It's not too bad and goes with the buff thing, so I won't change it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
2qas6qb.jpg

Its hair is TOO LONG so i gave him a haircut XD
I also recoloured the swirly thing from poliwhirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back