• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Jupiter Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Pokemon Jupiter Version (HUGE UPDATE, JULY 14th, 12:52 AM) SECOND BETA UP (release 6)

Ah, thus my namesake is explained.
Ivan-3.jpg

Welcome to the world of Sunen!

Introduction:

Pokémon Jupiter Version is a project that has been in the works since July of 2008. It is a hack of Pokémon Ruby and it is my first hacking project, however, I've made substantial progress in the months working on this hack.​

Exclusive Features:
-Telepathy with Pokémon (still under progress)
-Pokemon Animations
-Over 65 new songs and a music box to play them in
-Face Portraits
-New Insturments
-Over 95 Cries
-Rearranged Pokedex
-Little features that most people won't notice until they actually play the rom
-Hidden "Easter Egg" Pokemon - Currently Hamma, Ivan, Garet and Stick are 100% done, Sheba's in there but she doesn't have a backsprite.​

Other Features
You play as Ivan from Golden Sun.​

The game is not a duplication of Golden Sun, although there are parodies of certain dungeons.​

Isaac, Garet, Mia, Jenna, Felix, Sheba, Piers, Alex, Hama and several other characters have cameos, the first seven being the gym leaders. Other Cameos include Senators Obama and McCain (the true story of the 2008 election!), the Mythbusters and the Daleks.​

Who's Working on it?
I am working on this by myself, however, I have to give some credit to AtriusV of youtube on helping with some of the music programming.​

Storyline:
In a faraway place only known as the Mynoan Civilization, a great Deluge threatens the Mynoan existance. It has completely flooded the civilization and all that exists is the highest point of the Capitol. Ivan and a mysterious man named Charon flee through a portal to the world of Pokémon...​

Before they leave, Charon gives the instruction to Ivan to find him as soon as possible, as they would probably be seperated.​

Ivan arrives on the beach of Route 300, which is near Aleph Town, and a man named Fabio Pink finds him unconcious. He brings him to his house, and lets Ivan stay there for a while. However, Ivan leaves to go north, where he finds a Pokémon Trainer named Rachel being attacked by a Pokémon. Ivan uses a Pokémon from her bag with ease, and defeats it. They meet up in the Aleph Town Bar and Grill to give the
Pokémon to Ivan. She then leaves to go west to Styxwater Town.​

The rest is for you to discover...​

Bugs and Misc:
There are a few known bugs, but most are pretty minor:
- Contests are, well... interesting.
- Some maps either load the wrong footer or freeze the game
- Moonlight (renamed B) does not work. However, you can only access this in the Battle Tower and Contests.
- The game produces a freakout message box if you press SELECT without having an item on Register. If you already have an item on Register, it works fine, though. This only seems to happen in the overworld, not in boxes or battles or anything...
- Rain makes an odd sound...​

The game is +13, but really, the worst word used in it is "damn", and it's used only a few times. Other than that, it's pretty much clean. No random sexual or drug references (well, okay, maybe with Mr.Pink...), or random swearing.​

NOTE: I usually release Pokemon Jupiter Version once every month or so in the form of a Release. However, I've decided to send an early Beta release, called Release 5.5, since release 6 is taking so long.​

The IPS patch you will be downloading will have some obvious errors in it - for now, I only want you to test and expierience the game. Some maps need obvious work, and not all the sprites are done yet. The full Release 6 is going to take me a long while and I do not want people to forget that I'm actually working on this dang thing. If you are having problems with the patch (I've had a problem before with applying it; Jupiter's a bit picky with which Ruby rom it wants to apply to), please PM me and I'll help.
There are also some things under progress that you will definately notice.​

To Expect in the Future:
-More new maps
-Storyline Improvements
-New Fanfares
-Telepathy with People
-Random GS cameos
-Improvements on Soundtrack
-More Cries
-Expanded Pokedex​

Screenshots:
001-26.png

002-21.png

013-7.png

012-7.png

011-8.png

010-8.png

009-9.png

007-8.png

005-12.png

006-8.png

mysterycrater.png

lolwut-3.png

One of the many Easter Egg Pokemon Jupiter Version - There are going to be over 10 in total.
WTF-4.jpg

OMFG RUN FOR YOUR LIFE IT'S STICK
hamma.jpg

fly-1.jpg

mindread.jpg

Telepathy. It has only been programmed into a few NPC Pokemon, but more will be in the future. Also, I might be able to program a little quick-key thing, allowing you to press a button and read anyone's mind, not only Pokemon.​

If you support Pokemon Jupiter, put this in your signature:
pokemonjupiterveruserbar.png

Sorry that it's a tad low quality - I had to make it a gif.​

IPS Download:

In percentages, the game is going along as follows:
Fakemons: 95%
Maps: 35% (Yeah, I know. Kind of crappy. Been focusing a lot of my time on other places)
Music: 85% (All I really have to do is fix some of the songs that were screwed up by the new insturments)
Trainers: 85%
Storyline: 35%
Legendary Events: 90% (all I need to do is add the all of the Easter Eggs - there's about 14 and I've only added 4)
Telepathy: 15%
Sprites: 65%
Overall: 51.25%. As I said, this is a rom released in montly beta versions, but it has made a ton of progress.​

I hope you all enjoy Pokémon Jupiter Version!

UPDATE JULY 14TH

The patch is finally available! Release 6!
>>Release 6.04 of Pokemon Jupiter<<
NOTE: This patch fixed a crucial error later in the rom. Thanks to Rikudaman for reporting this.

Now, if your patch for some reason gets a white screen on boot, that means you patched it with the wrong rom. You need AXVE (0907), Pokemon Ruby, (E), for this rom to work.

The following are recent screenshots of the hack:
001-30.png
002-25.png
003-20.png
004-16.png
005-14.png
006-10.png
007-10.png

Things to work on:
-All NPCs to have Telepathy scripts
-Female Playable
-Glitch Cleanup

Things I want to know about
-Wayward Warps (a door that leads to a weird place, for example)
-Freezeups
-Glitches that result in immobility
-any weird backsprites (ONLY WITH NATURAL SUNEN CATCHABLES - NOT WITH POKEMON CAUGHT WITH CODES)

Things I do NOT want to hear about
-Unchanged cries, sprites, ect.
-Tilesets
-Weird Music (unless it is unbearable)
ect. ect.

Enjoy!

NOTE: This hack is notably harder (most of the trainers are 2 levels above what their Ruby counterparts would be), so make sure you train hard. Don't worry, the Wild Pokemon level at a similar rate as the trainers do, so you won't be left behind.​

Credit goes to Muriyashi for about 25-30 sprites, and credit goes to Zodiac for an ASM routine that plays a huge role in Jupiter.

This hack turned one year old on June 24th, 2009! :DDDD

Last edited:
Years
Nice hack the tiles are awesomely outstanding and the titlescreen ownz i hope you finish the game and the fakemons are awesome all the luck with this and yay 1st post

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Wow!!! Nice!! How the heck did you get animations in though?! I loved Golden sun so i'll be sure to check this out.

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I did some treaking with some bytes here and there. I learned how animation data works through changing the box hand sprite to a Jupiter Djinni, so I tried to apply it to Ivan's backsprite and the Pokémon, and it worked. I had to do some repointing, though... (actually, the animation for the Pokémon is the same for every sprite, front and back...)

However, it's a bit to complicated to explain now, and I'm thinking about keeping it secret until I finish the rom. Same with changing the Instrument data.

A lot of it I figured out with trial and error methods, lol. I have some videos of when I screwed up my rom by this method, and one you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BRNoXwEOO4

I have this one video that I'm going to put up soon, which I send out Hamma to use an attack, and the game literally throws a spastic fit. It's really freaky.

But I'm glad you all like it! (right now I'm making some OA to put on top of my first post to make it prettier)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 14, 2016
I like this hack!
it's great! the fakemons are good and the storyline is good!
I can't wait for the full release!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
OK. I'm not gonna say it's fabulous.
Your graphics really need some work.
But on the other side, it's quite nice.
Good luck!

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Hmmm... the graphics are actually one of things I really haven't been focusing on lately. I'll see what I can do to improve them!

I'll do some work then post some more screenshots!

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
Could somebody help me?
The rom just makes a white screen on my emulator. I've changed the flash type from 64K and 128K and I've changed it to evry single save type. I even amde sure I got the (E) version of Ruby. What's gong on?

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Oh, shoot, I knew this would come up.

It turns out that there is some kind of error at the offset 0x8000018 that makes it not run on certain emulators and Flash Cartrirages. It's no biggie, just go into a Hex Editor and change the byte at 0x8000018 to 0xC0. I fixed it after someone else notified me on it, so the next release will not have that error.

If you can't do that, run it in VBA.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
I am running it on VBA and I'm sry but I'm a hex n00b? I have no clue how to edit hexes

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Could somebody help me?
The rom just makes a white screen on my emulator. I've changed the flash type from 64K and 128K and I've changed it to evry single save type. I even amde sure I got the (E) version of Ruby. What's gong on?

Get the (U) version of Ruby. It worked for me when I did that.

Also I found a bug that's pretty major but very easy to fix.
In the second town you get to (forgot its name) where you see Ivan and Garet talking, there is another Ivan in front of them and if you talk to him a trainer battle will start. Also if you talk to Ivan at the end the text gets out of the textbox.
Other than that this hack is very original and has a ton of new features, lovin it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012

Thank you so much Neo, this game looks great, and I can finally play it. To Pokemon Jupiter Version, you should post this problem near the download for convenience

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years

Also I found a bug that's pretty major but very easy to fix.
In the second town you get to (forgot its name) where you see Ivan and Garet talking, there is another Ivan in front of them and if you talk to him a trainer battle will start. Also if you talk to Ivan at the end the text gets out of the textbox.
Other than that this hack is very original and has a ton of new features, lovin it.
Yeah, a lot of people told me about him. He's actually a test for a battle for the Ivan above.

Actually, Neptune shares the Ivan sprite as well - he looks like an Ivan, then you battle him and it's really Neptune. Total lol.

And I'm glad you like it! ^_^

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Small update:

I spent all of today changing the desert tileset. Here are some pictures:
001-27.png

002-22.png

003-18.png

I also changed the battle scene a little. Don't worry, the colours are temporary XD
004-15.png

Also, through a little meddling with a callasm routine, I finally figured out a way to add telepathy with people. If you have L=A selected on Options, you can use telepathy by pressing the "L" button to talk to someone rather than pressing "A".
005-13.png

Talking normally
006-9.png

Telepathy (note: this looks weird because the format of the tiles XP)

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Well, Mars is a Mars djinni, and if you can have 9 Djinn set onto your body at one time, they can't be very big, can they? The Pokédex height for Mars, Jupiter, Mercury and Venus are all 8 inches.

It's ripped from Golden Sun, actually. A few other sprites have that as well, but some of the monsters, including the summons, I drew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back