• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many different versions of Pokemon manga are there?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I was wondering besides special, I heard there are other "official versions" of Pokemon manga written by different writers under different titles. Why is that so? If there are so many different versions, which THE story that is really canon?

Years
  • I honestly think the Pokemon Special's canon, but can't be sure.
    There's...um...That one...oh yeah, "The Tale of Pikachu" and the..."Kaitou! Pokemon 7"....and yeah, the Ranger comics...
    And, of course there's a bit more...xD
    But I can't think of them...:P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    There's "The Electric Tales of Pikachu" and "Golden Boys", "Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventures", "Pokemon Battle Frontier" the Pokemon Ranger comics. "Pocket Monsters" and "Pokemon Special" and many more there's even mangas about the Pokemon movies

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • Pretty much what they said. PokeSupe, however is not the cannon. There is no cannon manga written by the creators of the game. PokeSupe is one of the closest to the game plot, but differs in so many important aspects. Bulbapedia should give you a list of the different manga.

Years
  • Yeah, there are SO MANY different kinds of Pokemon manga, I don't even know half of them D:
    Most are unknown, compared to Pokespecial.

Back