• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pt - Azelf Lead (OU)

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
Years
  • Azelf @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Atk/220 Spd/36 SAtk
    Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Flamethrower
    - U-Turn
    - Nasty Plot
    - Psychic

I personally think that Azelf is the best U-Turner ever in the game. This is my first sweeper ever in D/P. Why am I using Nasty Plot & U-Turn together? A counter will come up anyway if a even use Nasty Plot, so why not? At the beginning, I start off with Nasty Plots, then towards the end of battles, I use U-Turn and say, "GG." I use higher EV attacks then special attacks so my U-Turn can become stronger and more fun to use. U-Turn will also hit other Azelves hard to. Please don't request Stealth Rock on Azelf. I always though that the Azelf leads with Stealth Rock is just so lame. Common competitive battlers will assume that this is a Stealth Rock Azelf, then later, they will find out the plan is ruin. They will see me, Tory vs. Meaty II sweep and U-Turn all through their team.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Swarm
    EVs: 96 HP/252 Atk/160 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Sleep Talk
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat

Heracross is a counter for Spiritomb, I would suggest Sleep Talk over Pursuit on Heracross to eliminate Breloom. You want to defeat him quickly as possible. If you want me to use Adamant nature for Heracross, I would recommend Choice Scarf instead of Choice Band.

Starmie @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Trick
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt

I don't use Trick because I feel like it. I use Trick because I need it. This screws up Blissey, Forrestres, Vaporeon and even Latias! Tell me if I should use Hydro Pump over Surf. I need Ice Beam more then any of moves on this Starmie.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 168 HP/120 Def/220 SDef
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Rest
    - Body Slam
    - Crunch
    - Curse

Curselax is the most common Pokemon I use in the standard game. The second most common Pokemon I use would have to be a tie between Suicune or Ninjask. I don't put Curselax in because I want to. I use it to match up my team. Curselax is a pretty good stall. I understand that some of you wouldn't recommend a Rest strategy without Sleep Talk. Some Pokemon are good like that, some of them are not. It depends on the general status and ability.

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability : Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
    Impish nature (+Def, SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Roost
    - Aerial Ace
    - Stealth Rock

I like Gliscor for defense then offense. The second main thing I like about Gliscor is his Baton Pass abilities. Aerial Ace is for Heracross, while Earthquake is for Tyranitar. When I know they are going to switch out soon, I pack Stealth Rocks on the opponent's team.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
    Ablity: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Overheat
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball

Rotom-H = Rotom Heat, this is a Scizor and Metagross counter. I use Rotom-H (Heat) over Rotom-C (Cutter) because I need with the fire power. Will-o-Wisp will mess up Scizor's Sword Dance, but there is still a chance that a Nature Care will encounter. Hopefully, I can switch for Starmie to Trick that Nature Care Pokemon. If Starmie is already done for, then get ready for my Heracross for Close Combat.

Please judge my team. I will take constructive criticism. We all need it in life at some point. ;)

For competitive battling you should replace Azelf and Rotom, because people usually don't like battling against Legendaries. But otherwise, the Pokémon's movesets cover all the types and you should have a strong team.
    Some non-legendary Pokemon can have a high advantage against some real legendary Pokemon. Even some Pokemon like Dragonite, Salamence and Tyranitar have higher max stats then Zapdos, Rakiou, Regice, etc; for the Rotom you said, Rotom stats don't even match up to most legendary Pokemon. Thanks for saying a have a nice team. Check for max status here: http://www.psypokes.com/dp/basestats.php?stat=overall
    I have been on forums like Serebii, Smogon and PE2K since 2005 with learning about teams. There are teirs to began with. If you want to know more about tiers look here: http://www.smogon.com/articles/tiers

Updated by team raters
    v--------------------------v

Azelf @ Focus Sash

Evs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
    Native nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Flamethrower
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Psychic

Gliscor@Life Orb
    42 HP / 252 ATT / 216 SPEED
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    Trait : Hyper Cutter
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake- Swords Dance
    - Roost

Heracross @ Choice Band
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge
    - Night Slash/Sleep Talk

Starmie @ Choice Specs
    - Surf
    - Trick
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
    - Rest
    - Body Slam
    - Crunch
    - Curse

Heatran @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Evs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/Spd
    Native nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Explosion
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Azelf @ focus Sash
    EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Sp. att / 4 hp
    Naive nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    - U-Turn / Taunt / Stealth Rock
    - Nasty Plot / Stealth Rock
    - Psychic / Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fighting

This set is 100% walled by none other than Heatran. If you want anti lead run this.

Ok let me break it down. Fire Blast 2HKO's ur zongs who are shut down after a taunt any way. Stealth rock is a must on your team so you can toss late game rocking, thats a waste of your time. Rocking late in game when pokes are being battered down is worthless. Thus leaving you WIDE open for a Gyara sweep and the likes of thsoe who pack life orb. Getting rocks up early insinuates that you control the switch ins.

I like HP ground if you honestly want to run it. It's great for counter trans who wall you 100% with the set you posted. HP fighting will do decent wont' score a ohko, but will dent your TTars a lot more. I personally like to have explosion on my Zelf lead. If so navigate 56 sp. att ev's into att and change 4th slot to explosion. This will put HUGE dents in lots of things and will obliterate common switch ins like Blissey.

I personally think that Azelf is the best U-Turner ever in the game. This is my first sweeper ever in D/P. Why am I using Nasty Plot & U-Turn together? A counter will come up anyway if a even use Nasty Plot, so why not? At the beginning, I start off with Nasty Plots, then towards the end of battles, I use U-Turn and say, "GG." I use higher EV attacks then special attacks so my U-Turn can become stronger and more fun to use. U-Turn will also hit other Azelves hard to. Please don't request Stealth Rock on Azelf. I always though that the Azelf leads with Stealth Rock is just so lame. Common competitive battlers will assume that this is a Stealth Rock Azelf, then later, they will find out the plan is ruin. They will see me, Tory vs. Meaty II sweep and U-Turn all through their team.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Band
    EVs: 96 HP/252 Atk/160 Spd
    Adament nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Pursuit
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat

Breloom isn't a problem with cross. Pursuit is for fleeing cresselias / uxies / scarfgengars locked on HP ice / etc etc. Much better than sleep talk. You also had sleep talk without guts... lol. If you MUST run sleep talk use Guts to boost your damage but a great deal. Adament > Jolly, your banded and won't be hitting hard reguardless, so no real point in trying to complicate things with trying to outspeed things.
    Heracross is a counter for Spiritomb, I would suggest Sleep Talk over Pursuit on Heracross to eliminate Breloom. You want to defeat him quickly as possible. If you want me to use Adamant nature for Heracross, I would recommend Choice Scarf instead of Choice Band.

Starmie @ Choice Specs
    - Surf
    - Trick
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt

I don't use Trick because I feel like it. I use Trick because I need it. This screws up Blissey, Forrestres, Vaporeon and even Latias! Tell me if I should use Hydro Pump over Surf. I need Ice Beam more then any of moves on this Starmie.
    Fine
    Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
    - Rest
    - Body Slam
    - Crunch
    - Curse
    Meh fine. You are still outclassed by more infamous CBLax.
    Curselax is the most common Pokemon I use in the standard game. The second most common Pokemon I use would have to be a tie between Suicune or Ninjask. I don't put Curselax in because I want to. I use it to match up my team. Curselax is a pretty good stall. I understand that some of you wouldn't recommend a Rest strategy without Sleep Talk. Some Pokemon are good like that, some of them are not. It depends on the general status and ability.

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability : Hyper Cutter
    EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
    Impish nature (+Def, SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Roost
    - Aerial Ace
    - Swords Dance

Now you can OHKO stuff. Might consider stone edge > AA for some gyaras but thats just me.

I like Gliscor for defense then offense. The second main thing I like about Gliscor is his Baton Pass abilities. Aerial Ace is for Heracross, while Earthquake is for Tyranitar. When I know they are going to switch out soon, I pack Stealth Rocks on the opponent's team.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
    Ablity: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Overheat
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    You counter / revenge absolutely nothing with out Scarf, and thats the gods honest truth of it. CBScizor still will put the hurt on you with Bullet Punch so switching it in is NOT an option. You have to either a. scare it off or b. Kill it.
    Rotom-H = Rotom Heat, this is a Scizor and Metagross counter. I use Rotom-H (Heat) over Rotom-C (Cutter) because I need with the fire power. Will-o-Wisp will mess up Scizor's Sword Dance, but there is still a chance that a Nature Care will encounter. Hopefully, I can switch for Starmie to Trick that Nature Care Pokemon. If Starmie is already done for, then get ready for my Heracross for Close Combat.

Please judge my team. I will take constructive criticism. We all need it in life at some point. ;)

lol, that is a funny post you made. Some non-legendary Pokemon can have a high advantage against some real legendary Pokemon. Even some Pokemon like Dragonite, Salamence and Tyranitar have higher max stats then Zapdos, Rakiou, Regice, etc; for the Rotom you said, Rotom stats don't even match up to most legendary Pokemon. So what is the next thing you will say, don't use Phoine in a battle, people will not battle you? Ha ha. You are a funny user, you probably don't even know what competitive battling is. Thanks for saying a have a nice team. Check for max status here and say that I'm wrong: http://www.psypokes.com/dp/basestats.php?stat=overall
    I have been on forums like Serebii, Smogon and PE2K since 2005 with learning about teams. I see you don't really know anything about teirs. If you want to know more about tiers look here: http://www.smogon.com/articles/tiers

Changes in bold. Hope it helps

Stricken

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Heracross is a counter for Spiritomb, I would suggest Sleep Talk over Pursuit on Heracross to eliminate Breloom. You want to defeat him quickly as possible. If you want me to use Adamant nature for Heracross, I would recommend Choice Scarf instead of Choice Band.

That doesn't make any sense. The whole point of using CBCross is to hit really hard, especially since it isn't all that fast (even with a Jolly nature). You do a lot less to many Pokemon that Heracross will be up against with Jolly nature, while you outspeed almost nothing that Adamant doesn't. Besides, CBCross and ScarfCross perform two completely different roles. Sure, Heracross performs them both, but don't let ScarfCross restrict what you're going to do with CBCross. Jolly nature is just a really terrible option.

Also, you might as well max Speed out. Heracross has good Special Defense which can help with switching into weak special attacks like a Blissey Ice Beam, but otherwise the HP EVs don't really help much. I would use this for Heracross:

Heracross @ Choice Band
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge
    - Night Slash

Pursuit really sucks to be honest. Night Slash is much more useful for reliably hitting a Gengar you think if coming in instead of relying on Stone Edge, not more importantly, it does a fair amount of damage to Dusknoir and hammers the Rotom Appliances, which wall Heracross usually.

This team is a mystery to me though. It's balanced, which generally won't work in your favor. You have two hit and run attackers, but nothing to sweep late game (and adding SD to Gliscor doesn't really make your situation any better since Gliscor isn't much of a SD sweeper). CurseLax lacks power, coverage, and stability, and like Gliscor, it seems to be a misfit of sorts. Your defenses are rather easy to break (heavy hitters like CBMence and CBTar easily have their way with your team), so I would go the offensive route. I would make Rotom a Scarf revenge killer, though honestly its Pursuit weakness hurts it a lot. You certainly need a Steel-type to take random Draco Meteors and Outrages, so a Scarf Heatran or Metagross could be a revenge killer and Dragon resist at the same time, and they would eliminate the need for Gliscor.

Kinda needs an overhaul imo. It's not horrible or anything, but it needs some work.

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Hey Tory, you are right! I do not know much of competitive battling, I am very very very new to it. I just posted what other people say, and sorry for that.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Just because someone makes a bad post doesn't give you the right to be a complete ass to them. Honestly, you're insulting someone, and then act proud about being part of forums like Serebii and Pe2k. Please, before you act all stuck up and superior, take time to realize your "qualifications" aren't anything to brag about.

On Gliscor you mention his Baton Passing abilities...yet I see no Baton Pass on his moveset. Nor do I see anything worthy to receive a boost from Gliscor. I'm guessing you just added that there to have some text ?__? Otherwise, the seems pretty solid on paper, with only a few threats such as Dragon Dance Tyranitar and Dragon Dance Salamence sticking out. They don't have a lot of opprotunities to come in and set up (Heracross is literally the biggest, and perhaps only one, though TTar laughs at Snorlax entirely), so take comfort in that. I'd keep the Band on Heracross, since this team doesn't hit very hard whatsoever.

You don't have a lot of answers to things like Calm Mind Suicune, who sets up, Roars out Snorlax trying to Curse, and can generally wall most of your team (bar Heracross). Due to this, I'd just max out Speed on Heracross, as I've never seen the HP EVs do anything useful. Personal preference, honestly.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Adamant over Jolly on Cross cause he's a clean-up sweeper and needs all the power he can get. If you want Jolly, SDCross is your answer ;) Btw Guts on Heracross instead of Swarm, lets you come in to Wow and grab a nifty boost.

What does Gliscor Baton Pass? >.<

Apart from that it's a fairly nice team.

Also i wouldn't dedicate a bit of the RMT to insult that user. Sure he kinda trolled but his post is removed, you should drop it =/

Years
  • defeintly adamant over jolly
    adamant raises atk and lowers spatk, its certainly the way to go for physical sweepers :D

but i dont get why you would have curse on your snorlax when you have rest also, wouldn't it be better to have rest and sleep talk? But hey, im just curious

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • defeintly adamant over jolly
    adamant raises atk and lowers spatk, its certainly the way to go for physical sweepers :D

but i dont get why you would have curse on your snorlax when you have rest also, wouldn't it be better to have rest and sleep talk? But hey, im just curious

CroLax basically, stat-up move and one attack. It can take special hits, and with curse, it can attempt to tank both sides of the spectrum with the defense boosts.

Honestly, what bothers me the most about this is how stubborn you are being about some of the Pokémon (Like Azelf). You need SR, and Azelf is your best shot at that. Why post a RMT if you aren't willing to make some changes o.o

Overall though, everything else really has been stated :P Scarf Rotom so you can ACTUALLY revenge stuff, Adamant>Jolly on Hera so it can do some damage.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

Years
  • Finally, I can now post at Pokecommunity now. I was about to do this long post, but the forum lagged for six hours at my lacation. I had to save this in a document, so I won't lose all of this work.
    Changes in bold. Hope it helps

That doesn't make any sense. The whole point of using CBCross is to hit really hard, especially since it isn't all that fast (even with a Jolly nature). You do a lot less to many Pokemon that Heracross will be up against with Jolly nature, while you outspeed almost nothing that Adamant doesn't. Besides, CBCross and ScarfCross perform two completely different roles. Sure, Heracross performs them both, but don't let ScarfCross restrict what you're going to do with CBCross. Jolly nature is just a really terrible option.
    Also, you might as well max Speed out. Heracross has good Special Defense which can help with switching into weak special attacks like a Blissey Ice Beam, but otherwise the HP EVs don't really help much. I would use this for Heracross:

Heracross @ Choice Band
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge
    - Night Slash

Pursuit really sucks to be honest. Night Slash is much more useful for reliably hitting a Gengar you think if coming in instead of relying on Stone Edge, not more importantly, it does a fair amount of damage to Dusknoir and hammers the Rotom Appliances, which wall Heracross usually.

This team is a mystery to me though. It's balanced, which generally won't work in your favor. You have two hit and run attackers, but nothing to sweep late game (and adding SD to Gliscor doesn't really make your situation any better since Gliscor isn't much of a SD sweeper). CurseLax lacks power, coverage, and stability, and like Gliscor, it seems to be a misfit of sorts. Your defenses are rather easy to break (heavy hitters like CBMence and CBTar easily have their way with your team), so I would go the offensive route. I would make Rotom a Scarf revenge killer, though honestly its Pursuit weakness hurts it a lot. You certainly need a Steel-type to take random Draco Meteors and Outrages, so a Scarf Heatran or Metagross could be a revenge killer and Dragon resist at the same time, and they would eliminate the need for Gliscor.

Kinda needs an overhaul imo. It's not horrible or anything, but it needs some work.
    I guess I will go for the Choice Band adamant nature Heracross, are you sure you want me to use Night Slash instead of Sleep Talk? That Sleep Talk is quite useful against Sleep inducers.

Hey Tory, you are right! I do not know much of competitive battling, I am very very very new to it. I just posted what other people say, and sorry for that.
    I'm sorry for what I said earlier, will edit my post to make it look less harsh. But you still have some researching to do, we all have to do researches as well.

Just because someone makes a bad post doesn't give you the right to be a complete ass to them. Honestly, you're insulting someone, and then act proud about being part of forums like Serebii and Pe2k. Please, before you act all stuck up and superior, take time to realize your "qualifications" aren't anything to brag about.
    On Gliscor you mention his Baton Passing abilities...yet I see no Baton Pass on his moveset. Nor do I see anything worthy to receive a boost from Gliscor. I'm guessing you just added that there to have some text ?__? Otherwise, the seems pretty solid on paper, with only a few threats such as Dragon Dance Tyranitar and Dragon Dance Salamence sticking out. They don't have a lot of opprotunities to come in and set up (Heracross is literally the biggest, and perhaps only one, though TTar laughs at Snorlax entirely), so take comfort in that. I'd keep the Band on Heracross, since this team doesn't hit very hard whatsoever.

You don't have a lot of answers to things like Calm Mind Suicune, who sets up, Roars out Snorlax trying to Curse, and can generally wall most of your team (bar Heracross). Due to this, I'd just max out Speed on Heracross, as I've never seen the HP EVs do anything useful. Personal preference, honestly.
    I know what I did was wrong, but I wasn't insulating him that bad. Back then, I was new to this, but people treated it me way too harsh like, "you team is horrible," and cursing me out and crap, then I start flame wars because of that.

About Gliscor, I like using Baton Pass on Gliscor on some occasions, but for this time, I'm doing something different. I was going to ask, should I use Baton Pass for Gliscor? Since you don't really want me to, I will just leave that along.

Adamant over Jolly on Cross cause he's a clean-up sweeper and needs all the power he can get. If you want Jolly, SDCross is your answer Btw Guts on Heracross instead of Swarm, lets you come in to Wow and grab a nifty boost.
    What does Gliscor Baton Pass? >.<

Apart from that it's a fairly nice team.

Also i wouldn't dedicate a bit of the RMT to insult that user. Sure he kinda trolled but his post is removed, you should drop it =/
    Gut over Swam will do.

Alright, I didn't mean to say add Baton Pass on my current Gliscor. I was referring to a different set of Gliscor. The offensive one with Sword Dance + Baton Bass.

defeintly adamant over jolly
    adamant raises atk and lowers spatk, its certainly the way to go for physical sweepers

CroLax basically, stat-up move and one attack. It can take special hits, and with curse, it can attempt to tank both sides of the spectrum with the defense boosts.
    Honestly, what bothers me the most about this is how stubborn you are being about some of the Pokémon (Like Azelf). You need SR, and Azelf is your best shot at that. Why post a RMT if you aren't willing to make some changes o.o

Overall though, everything else really has been stated Scarf Rotom so you can ACTUALLY revenge stuff, Adamant>Jolly on Hera so it can do some damage.
    Adamant nature over Heracross will be done.

Okay, Snorlax is okay without Sleep Talk, but most Pokemon with Rest without Sleep Talk are not that good. Snorlax had high special defense and HP, I can Curse it up, when his HP gets low, I will Rest it up to annoy the special attacker more. I can also switch nature care support from Starmie. Someone need to explain why Snorlax doesn't have to have Curse, it is really hard to explain.

On the third paragraph of your's, I know many combinations of Snolaxes. CroLax, SkarmLax, HippoLax, etc.,

Okay, I will use the Alzelf Stealth Rock lead. I will just use the mixed U-Turn Azelf without the lead. I personally think that Azelf is the best as a continuous mix attacker to be honest. I 100% disagree that Azelf best shot is Stealth Rock in the whole metagame, but I still use Stealth Rock Azelf as a lead. Why I'm a not making any changes? Dude, I had to go to school that time. This thread was new by the time you still posted. I just made this thread that night night you posted. Time I came home from school, I hear suggestions to my time right on time. Did you want me to want me to skip school to hear suggestions the quickest time ever? I think not. To be honest, that was really ignorant for you to say something like that.

A scarf fire attacker would be great. I will also listen to Anti on this, Heatran would be excellent. Here are my new changes now:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Evs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
    Native nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Flamethrower
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Psychic

Gliscor@Life Orb
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake- Swords Dance
    - Roost

Heracross @ Choice Band
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge
    - Night Slash/Sleep Talk

Starmie @ Choice Specs
    - Surf
    - Trick
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
    - Rest
    - Body Slam
    - Crunch
    - Curse

Heatran @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Evs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/Spd
    Native nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Explosion
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

By the way, this is my last time at Pokemon: Strategies and Movesets. People in this forum always want you whole entire to be offensive, offensive, offensive. The ones who say that, goood luck to you'll teams getting 6-0ed because you'll don't even care about defense. I know everyone is not like that.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    By the way, this is my last time at Pokemon: Strategies and Movesets. People in this forum always want you whole entire to be offensive, offensive, offensive. The ones who say that, go luck to you'll teams getting 6-0ed because you'll don't even care about defense. I know everyone is not like that.

The metagame is that offensive and is the #1 play style and has been proven time and time again to be this way (Husk, IPL to name a few). Walls and defensive pokemon are often passed up because most of them are set up fodder. Checks are more effective than counters by far, again this has been shown on numerous occasions.

I assume those are both scarfs on star and tran and not specs as portrayed.

I hate how people use SD Gliscor wrong and then complain when it cant sweep.

Gliscor@Life Orb
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost

This ^. Adamant is worth it just alone for the OHKO on max/max vappy with SR up, this could act as a lure for bulky waters and make Heatrans time easier.

Something to consider.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

Years
  • The metagame is that offensive and is the #1 play style and has been proven time and time again to be this way (Husk, IPL to name a few). Walls and defensive pokemon are often passed up because most of them are set up fodder. Checks are more effective than counters by far, again this has been shown on numerous occasions.

I assume those are both scarfs on star and tran and not specs as portrayed.

I hate how people use SD Gliscor wrong and then complain when it cant sweep.

Gliscor@Life Orb
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost

This ^. Adamant is worth it just alone for the OHKO on max/max vappy with SR up, this could act as a lure for bulky waters and make Heatrans time easier.

Something to consider.
    husk was the hardest person I have ever battled. But I have defeated hard users like leafgreen386 and Ace777. But all of this was third gen.

When you say the reason why people don't know how to use Sword Dance Gliscor, was you talking about me?

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Edit in the update to the first post. It makes things a whole lot easier for team raters.

Also, Sleep Talk pretty much sucks. Yanmega has (rightfully) fallen into disuse and Gengar is too threatening to Heracross (and it too is falling in usage). The only thing Sleep Talk is really useful for is Breloom, but beating the popular Rotom formes and the occasional Dusknoir is generally more useful.

Pokedra said:
    Adamant over Jolly on Cross cause he's a clean-up sweeper and needs all the power he can get.

The day Heracross is a clean-up sweeper is the day that Blastoise is an effective bulky Water.

EDIT: To clarify, Heracross is a hit-and-run attacker. It can't actually sweep very well at all: his primary goal is to severely damage the opposition so that Pokemon that are actually capable of carrying out a late game sweep can do so easily.

Back