• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resetting Problem

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
Years
  • Not sure if anyone can help me out here but I am really desprate to find a cure for my computer's resetting problem.

Really, most of the time my computer is fine but about a month ago it started resetting, normally when I either use Photoshop Elements or when I've ran a lot of Video Files and programmes, so it doesn't reset often to the point where it's unbareable but it will ALWAYS reset when in Photoshop.
    Finally last week I wiped the computer hoping it would take the problem away with it....but it didn't.

Currently it's only been resetting while using Photoshop Elements.

The resetting sometimes seems to corrupt something along with it. Once it corrupted something to do with MSN Messanger so my computer wouldn't load up right until I got rid of it and just today the resetting of Photoshop Elements somehow corrupted the picture I was working on, now I can't open it and it claims the picture is "not compatible with" the version of Photoshop I have when I've only ever used it with the version I have. I tried re-installing Photoshop Elements but it doesn't cure it.

I really need a soloution to this problem as it's killing me not being able to colour my fanart pictures in Photoshop ;_;

Anyone got any advice? Or have had a similar problem?

aaaaaa

First of all, I want you to go to System Properties (Windows Button on Keyboard + Pause Button), and go to the Advanced Tab. Then click on 'Settings' under the Startup and recovery heading.
    Down under System Failure there's a checkbox with the label "Automatically Restart". Uncheck that box.
    Now try to invoke the crashing again, but this time write down the name of the error that shows up on the Blue Screen.
    Then reply here with that information.

aaaaaa

It's not an exploit of Windows RPC stack.
    It's a spontanious rebooting problem.
    Please -read- the thread, before offering advice.
    Thanks

Evil Togepi

Years
  • Well I did what you said and unchecked the "Automaticlly Restart" box but when Photoshop reset the computer it didn't give any kind of message, all it did was have the screen go black and restart like before.

aaaaaa

Well it's not a BSOD then. Which is concerning, because that means it's not a software problem.
    From here, it can only be assumed it's hardware related. RAM or PSU, I would say.

Evil Togepi

Years
  • I guess if it's hardware related I'll have to get it looked at, I'll have to find a place to take it (*I'm not keen on taking it back to the guy who built it for me, we went through lots of havoc with that guy, the first time we brought the computer home the reset button and the light at the front weren't even wired up -_-;;*)

Anyway thanks so much for your help ^^ I can only hope I find a solution to this problem.

Back