The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 7th, 2009, 07:11 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>

Advertise here
THE DWA THREAD IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND WILL RETURN SHORTLY.

Last edited by <~F.M.P~>; September 6th, 2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Savant

I moved this to Plot and Story because you don't really have any screenshots and the video you have instead is private and cannot be viewed unless you have your account on your friends list on Youtube.
Fix this. Then you can PM me and I'll move it back.
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:53 AM
ryushin5
In College YAY! :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to ryushin5
Hey FMP you finally made the thread and I hope you fix the vid soon even though I have alread seen it.
Old May 8th, 2009, 04:58 AM
<~F.M.P~>

Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Sorry I guess I forgot to update a few things last night, well it's all fixed and ready to go Thanks.
Old May 8th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
I really loved digimon..i cannot wait for this GAME to finish..good luck with this...
This hack is nothing but amazing..the storyline is awesome...
love the screenshots...
This is just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Words cannot described

Last edited by Crimson Stardust; May 8th, 2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old May 8th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Nature: Adamant
To be honest...when I first read the thread title I thought this was going to be bad.

This is the awsomest thing I've seen since Platinum. I have to say: IT's BRILLIANT. I love the battle system and the way the map is set out. You and Sakagami Tomoya are very gifted spriters and I just love the way this game looks. I wish you the best of luck for the progression of this game and I'm sure it has a big future.
Old May 8th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Is it just me, or are you using some systems from Pokémon Essentials? That text box and font look familiar...

Anyway, it looks pretty good so far. I like the battle system, though the player's sprite being so small compared to the enemy's bothers me a bit...
The Kidomon sprite isn't bad. However, it's not quite in the style of the other Digimon sprites. Firstly, it's a bit too big. You should probably shrink it down a bit. Secondly, the outlining and shading styles are wrong. The outline should be a lot more anti-aliased; it looks really jagged compared to the official sprites. The shading on it is too simple compared to the official sprites; as an example, look at how shading is used to give a 3D look to Veemon's fist and 'ears'. Finally, Kidomon's eye looks completely different than in the art; if it was fixed to look more similar, it would make the sprite a lot better.
The player sprites are better. However, like Kidomon, they need a lot more anti-aliasing to make them fit in. The shading on the male character's sleeves is also off; they look very pillow-shaded. Otherwise, they're pretty good.
Old May 8th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Chibi Robo
of the entire epoch!

Nature: Jolly
Im not really a fan of digimon but.........
This looks great FMP I really cant wait till this is out
(Not trying to sound all noobish)
I also really like the css coding and when I was watching the video I probaly couldn't tell if its a real or fake game
Old May 8th, 2009, 06:20 AM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageangel View Post
I really loved digimon..i cannot wait for this GAME to finish..good luck with this...
This hack is nothing but amazing..the storyline is awesome...
love the screenshots...
This is just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Words cannot described
LOL well thank you very much I'm glad you like this far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoChamp View Post
To be honest...when I first read the thread title I thought this was going to be bad.

This is the awsomest thing I've seen since Platinum. I have to say: IT's BRILLIANT. I love the battle system and the way the map is set out. You and Sakagami Tomoya are very gifted spriters and I just love the way this game looks. I wish you the best of luck for the progression of this game and I'm sure it has a big future.
Thank you very much, I really hope it excels and I hope you're here to see it progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Is it just me, or are you using some systems from Pokémon Essentials? That text box and font look familiar...

Anyway, it looks pretty good so far. I like the battle system, though the player's sprite being so small compared to the enemy's bothers me a bit...
The Kidomon sprite isn't bad. However, it's not quite in the style of the other Digimon sprites. Firstly, it's a bit too big. You should probably shrink it down a bit. Secondly, the outlining and shading styles are wrong. The outline should be a lot more anti-aliased; it looks really jagged compared to the official sprites. The shading on it is too simple compared to the official sprites; as an example, look at how shading is used to give a 3D look to Veemon's fist and 'ears'. Finally, Kidomon's eye looks completely different than in the art; if it was fixed to look more similar, it would make the sprite a lot better.
The player sprites are better. However, like Kidomon, they need a lot more anti-aliasing to make them fit in. The shading on the male character's sleeves is also off; they look very pillow-shaded. Otherwise, they're pretty good.
Ah thank you for the constructive crit Wichu and yes The message box system is from essentials but is subject to change to match the DS style. I'm glad you like the battle system I guess I should also explain why the heroes Digimon is smaller than the enemy. The heroes Digimon is basically like a hologram of the actual Digimon on your D-Scanner. I decided to go with this because making backsprites of the Digimin would copy Pokemons style way to much. That Kidomon sprite is actually just a bigger version of the one that will go in-game I'll show you the actual sprite later on Ill also work on the Hero and heroines sprite this week to try and perfect them.
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:23 AM
~DarkAchu~
Shady Character Lurking Around

Awsome a digimon game, i was only yesterday i was wondering if there will be one here (not counting the two that died out a while ago,

And you've met my expectations, But one question can you please make gaiomon someones mega form as hes my fave. lol,

Anyways good luck, I'll be adding a banner after this post (>^.^)> () <(^.^<)

Diamond FC: 2836 1970 7214 OT: Scott
HG: 3181 5060 5848 OT Scott
White: 4298 2213 8887 OT Dark
X: 4597-0519-6286
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

I loved the Digimon World games for the DS and you've done a good job it making it look and feel like the official games.
Good job so far and I wanted to wish you some luck to. I'm Irish, and I think I do have the "luck of the Irish" so ya can have some of mine.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old May 8th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Interesting..
I had never gotten into Digimon and i know nothing of it.
Maybe i can learn from this game =)
Old May 8th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Looks amazing FMP, I'm really looking forward to future updates of this project! I wish you and your whole team luck!

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

I have never played digimon but, if a game looks this good that will not stop me.
I can't wait to play it.
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:54 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty 101 View Post
I have never played digimon but, if a game looks this good that will not stop me.
I can't wait to play it.
Thank you Very Much Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
Looks amazing FMP, I'm really looking forward to future updates of this project! I wish you and your whole team luck!
Thank you Yuoaman! We'll exceed expectations for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
Interesting..
I had never gotten into Digimon and i know nothing of it.
Maybe i can learn from this game =)
lol I hope so too Blazers. It's actually quite a fun concept. Watch a few episodes one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
I loved the Digimon World games for the DS and you've done a good job it making it look and feel like the official games.
Good job so far and I wanted to wish you some luck to. I'm Irish, and I think I do have the "luck of the Irish" so ya can have some of mine.
Thank you Neo It'll get better over time and I really appreciate your luck donation lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DarkAchu~ View Post
Awsome a digimon game, i was only yesterday i was wondering if there will be one here (not counting the two that died out a while ago,

And you've met my expectations, But one question can you please make gaiomon someones mega form as hes my fave. lol,

lol Thank you and Gaiomon huh? We'll see and this game will not die out...I can guarentee that

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFI View Post
Im not really a fan of digimon but.........
This looks great FMP I really cant wait till this is out
(Not trying to sound all noobish)
I also really like the css coding and when I was watching the video I probaly couldn't tell if its a real or fake game
I'm really sorry I didn't add your comment in on my first reply HFI...I hope you become a fan of Digimon like m...RYU XD you know what I mean Ryu Thank you the CSS coding is all thanks to El(Likewise) and Really? That means we've done our job, but I plan on improving the battle system after the first update

Note: The first update will introduce some of the games main characters as well as a few worst case scenarios the hero/herione encounters, new Digi-fakes, and tiles.
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:43 PM
sonic smash down
strive for the best

Send a message via Yahoo to sonic smash down
aww guyz y didnt yall tell me about this earlier, so this is wat yall been planning. have to say its alot more impressive now then the game was before
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:50 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Quote:

lol sorry about that lol.

Anyway this looks great guys Keep it up!
Old May 8th, 2009, 05:05 PM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

woot a digimon game i can't wait for updates
Old May 8th, 2009, 08:32 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic smash down View Post
aww guyz y didnt yall tell me about this earlier, so this is wat yall been planning. have to say its alot more impressive now then the game was before
Lol Yeah and Thanks SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post

Thanks OI! we'll do the best we can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
woot a digimon game i can't wait for updates
lol Expect one by the beginning of next weekend then
Old May 9th, 2009, 05:29 AM
~DarkAchu~
Shady Character Lurking Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post

Dont worry about it, Your new game is good,

Anyway, i have a question, How do you obtain a new digimon if you are doing that sort of thing in this?

And about Gaiomon, if you do add him you could put him in any Agumon related digimon because Although his name lacks the prefix Grey, he is still a part of the Greymon-family as stated in his Japanese profile. So in other words he could be from Either Agumon, BlkAgumon, IceAgumon/SnowAgumon, ToyAgumon or BlkToyAgumo, BigAgumon

And About the Digi-fakes, Are we expecting anything good, and new or X-Digimon?

Diamond FC: 2836 1970 7214 OT: Scott
HG: 3181 5060 5848 OT Scott
White: 4298 2213 8887 OT Dark
X: 4597-0519-6286
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Likewise
Bye.

Quote:

Anyway, i have a question, How do you obtain a new digimon if you are doing that sort of thing in this?

And about Gaiomon, if you do add him you could put him in any Agumon related digimon because Although his name lacks the prefix Grey, he is still a part of the Greymon-family as stated in his Japanese profile. So in other words he could be from Either Agumon, BlkAgumon, IceAgumon/SnowAgumon, ToyAgumon or BlkToyAgumo, BigAgumon

And About the Digi-fakes, Are we expecting anything good, and new or X-Digimon?
Well, there is a 3 digimon limit that you can have in party your at a time, in battle all you do is switch them in and out.

We haven't really decided all the digimon we're going to have, but I can assure you that we won't have all of them.
But there will be a fair amount of digimon, plus a lot of our own digifakes.
The majority of the Digifakes will be totally new, along with some new digievolutions.

Right now we're working on mapping and events,
Along with the battle system.
Bye to all my friends, I'll still be talking to you on msn.
Old May 9th, 2009, 01:48 PM
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likewise View Post
Well, there is a 3 digimon limit that you can have in party your at a time, in battle all you do is switch them in and out.

We haven't really decided all the digimon we're going to have, but I can assure you that we won't have all of them.
But there will be a fair amount of digimon, plus a lot of our own digifakes.
The majority of the Digifakes will be totally new, along with some new digievolutions.

Right now we're working on mapping and events,
Along with the battle system.
Yes What El said basically. There will be 3 Digimon you can choose from in battle, When one faints another takes its place and so on until they are all defeated or you win...whichever comes first XD

To obtain new Digimon you will have to find a total of 3 Digi datas for that one Digimon(which wont be to hard to find depending on the Digimon), you then take the data to the Data center and have it recovered giving you access to that Digimon and its Digivolutions (after certain levels of course).

In terms of Digi-fakes... You can definitley look forward to some really good ones...we've already made 5...I just have to sprite them and Show Opinions on them in the future would be fantastic
Old May 9th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

Best game on pokecommunity!

I was wondering if you are going to released betas or if you are just going to wait for the final release.
A few game makers do not want to release their game until they are complete and I find this quite annoying.
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Likewise
Bye.

Eh, we really haven't discussed that, but we probably will release a beta, it depends on what Ty thinks, along with the rest of the team.
Bye to all my friends, I'll still be talking to you on msn.
Old May 9th, 2009, 07:04 PM
alo123
Munchlax Trainer

The screen shots look great i always liked the ds digimon games cant wait to play this good luck
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here