• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Is Pokemon Gonna be, in say...10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Whats Pokemon gonna be like in another ten years?
Where's it gonna be? Will everything just be remade such as the games? And where will the series go?

Last edited:

Andcetera

Jigglypuff~<333
Years
I highly doubt it will still be around, or at least nintendo making new pokemon games that is.
Hopefully my children wont need to suffer from the series in the future.

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
1000 or so pokeymans, Ash still the main character for the anime along with Brock and the regional h...yeah...if the show doesn't ba-bomb somewhere along the line, there will be remakes for everything at least 3 times, more bad spin-offs, and oddly enough the fanbase will be just as large as it is today.

It always works out like that.
Curse you, Gamefreak! Curse you and your eternal loops of death!

</notserious>

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Nowhere.

I don't think it'll stay another 10 years.

Look at it this way.

It started...uh...12-13 years ago? Its popularity peaked after about 7 or so, and now it's been slowly going down.

It'll be gone in ten years, that's my bet.

IF, however, I'm wrong, then there will be the 7th generation, over 300 new Pokemon (half of them repeats of past ideas - turtles, anyone? - and half of them legendaries).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
There will be 10,000 pokemon because they will NEVER STOP MAKING THEM.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm sure they're gonna keep on making money some how!

I just don't see how they can keep making pokemon after the omega pokemon arceus has been created!

Years
Well...I HOPE it'll be gone. Not completely- I'm sure Nintendo will still remake them every few years- they make money, and seeing as how its their second best selling franchise(under Mario), the idea of a new generation of kids getting to play great games like those is to much of a good opportunity to pass up.

And also...the creator of Pokemon is eventually going to die, ya know. I doubt there will be any more Pokemon after that, and if someone takes over...it'll still go downhill. And also, that theory of 'as long as the show's around, the entire franchise will be around'...yeah, they'll have to do something about Ash's lack of growth eventually. 10 years from now, I'm sure people will just look at the anime and go ._. if Ash is still 10 years old...after...uh*counts* 25 years. So unless they fix that problem...yeah.

But I give Pokemon another 3 generations before it starts to fade.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
Games: NINTENDO will be releasing stupid titles every month, such as "Pokemon Ranger 8 - Celebi's Birthday Cake" or "Pokemon Farm - Gotta herd them all" or "PMD 9 - Caterpie's Rhapsody", but they will never make a "Version" game and the 5th gen will probably be the last gen to be made.
Anime: Ash and Brock, with some pathetic 3rd member, will still be wandering around, visiting millions of towns that don't even exist in the game and helping random strangers in weird pokemon cases. Ash won't catch a single new pokemon, not evolve the ones he has, but he'll still want to become a pokemon master!

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
It won't last long.

However, if it does, then I can see over 1,000 Pokémons in the Pokédex. Also, Ash would win the Pokémon League on his visit to the eighth region.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Anyone who says it'll die out by then, that's what they said ten years ago. And, honestly--look at the sales. When DP sat in the top of the DS sales (at least around release), you think they'll throw away the opportunity to have the same happen again? Star Wars did its fair share of surviving to meet a whole 'nother generation, too.

That depends where the game systems are. After the DSi, something crazy has got to be coming. Gameplay will be different. I can't say how, but the "Gameboy DS" was something outta the ordinary, too.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2011
i doubt it'wll still be around, but if it is, pkmn will be arounf the 7 or 8th gen. about 7 more seasons of pokemons six of them being in two or three different regions and one like a spin off of the battle frontier, something along the line. ohhh yeah and about 350- 550 new pokemons, wow thats a lot of choices for a line up of only six pkmns. but for real stop making new pkmns.

my personal opinions,
- about 3 new regions 3 new leagues, hopefully no new pkmn im tired of learning new names, more rivals, like 4 new adventure games, 3 pkmn ranger, 3 games when u play as a pkmn, 5 new movies, ive been a fan since the start so i would like to see it go bye bye but i know the end is coming.

Last edited:

Apathetic_Yen

very original
Years
Games: NINTENDO will be releasing stupid titles every month, such as "Pokemon Ranger 8 - Celebi's Birthday Cake" or "Pokemon Farm - Gotta herd them all" or "PMD 9 - Caterpie's Rhapsody", but they will never make a "Version" game and the 5th gen will probably be the last gen to be made.
Anime: Ash and Brock, with some pathetic 3rd member, will still be wandering around, visiting millions of towns that don't even exist in the game and helping random strangers in weird pokemon cases. Ash won't catch a single new pokemon, not evolve the ones he has, but he'll still want to become a pokemon master!

Iz dat pokeman ranger 8 game 4 realz? It soundz lik itz teh pwnge!

But seriously I doubt pokemon will continue long enough for there to be 1000 freakin pokemon! We all know the quality went downhill somewhere in the 3rd and 4th gens (Spinda, bidoof, really now?) and I really, really don't think, or at least hope, that Gamefreak doesn't decide to eclipse all the good pokemon there are with hundreds of garbage ones.

My guess for the future is:
-One or two more gens
-Perhaps an all regional game once there's a handheld system that can handle it
-A crap load of spinoffs
-Pokemon Puzzle League 2!!!!!

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
My guess for the future is:
-One or two more gens
-Perhaps an all regional game once there's a handheld system that can handle it
-A crap load of spinoffs
-Pokemon Puzzle League 2!!!!!

1) I really think there will be only one more gen.
2) Not gonna happen in a NINTENDO game.
3) More like a container of spinoffs.
4) Evil.......

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
Years
I'm thinking once the sales start dying off heaps, Nintendo might make one last ditch effort and create an all region game. If the sales pitch up, they might make another season or be smart and keep the profit for themselves 'cause Pokemon'll be dead.

Maybe in 20 years someone will make a live action movie of Pokemon rated M with tons of violence XD

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2011
Well you have to say look at mario its been out for like 25 years and its still the highest selling nintendo game out there.So you have to think why would they let it die? i Think pokemon still has much to expand upon i think its hardly half done! however i do think 649 pokemon is enough i could just about stand 800-1000 pokemon and then people would just forget the old ones something i dont want to happen so yes i think pokemon is here to stay fora long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back