• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First Attempt a decent SS [OU]

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Now, before you start reading I am aware there are probably some glaring weaknesses to my squad, however I don't really know what should be replaced by what in order to minimize said weaknesses. So anything anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

At A Glance:

:t248::t212::t213::t205::t051::t373:

Team In Detail:

View attachment 47109

Tyranitar@Leftovers [Lead]
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Quiet: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 176 SpA / 28 Spe

-Substitute
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Punch
    -Dark Pulse

The HP EVs are to make sure I can get 101 subs up against chanseys seismic tosses. Dark Pulse for STAB, and T-bolt as I lack Electric moves in my team.

View attachment 47110

Scizor@Life Orb
    Abilty: Technician
    Adament: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe

-Roost/Brick Break
    -Bullet Punch
    -Swords Dance
    -X-Scissor

HP Evs for the one extra life orb hit. I think I want roost, but I guess the fighting move may help. Bullet punch and X-scissor for powerful STAB/Technician moves and Swords dance to set up.

View attachment 47111

Shuckle@Leftovers
    Ability: Gluttony
    Impish: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpD

-Knock Off
    -Rest
    -Toxic
    -Encore

The ultimate staler and mixed wall on my team, pretty self explanatory really but encore can help me set up (with me switching in a sweeper while there locked into a move). Toxic for damage, and rest to keep on stalling.

View attachment 47112

Forretress@Leftovers
    Abilty: Sturdy
    Relaxed: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def

-Gyro ball
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earthquake

I chose stealth rock over toxic spikes as I don't want the threat of the absorb for some pokes, and also stealth rock only requires one layer. Gyro ball with speed reducing nature and STAB should come in quite handy and so should EQ. Rapid spin as no one else carries it on my team.

View attachment 47113

Dugtrio@Life Orb
    Ability: Arena Trap
    Jolly: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

-Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Sucker Punch
    -Aerial Ace

My teams revenge killer, sucker punch for the priority and the EVs to maximize attacking capabilities and speed to out speed pretty much most things going. With this set, I was considering Choice Banding it, however I went for the safer option with Life Orb.
    EQ for STAB, Stone edge for flying types and For my last move I'm unsure, pursuit is suggested by smogon but sucker punch is basically the same move isn't it? So I went for the flying move, is there a better option?

My First Attempt a decent SS [OU]

Salamence@Choice Specs

Abilty: Intimidate
    Nature: Adament (I bred a damn good Bagon when I had plans for him in an old team and now his role has changed, otherwise I'd go for Naughty I think)
    EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe (may have to change considering nature)

-Flamethrower
    -Draco Meteor
    -Hydropump
    -Dragon Pulse

Looking at my team I do lack a special sweeper so here it is, my adamant bagon is looking less and less useful now but oh well. Maybe I should replace another poke for a special sweeper and use my salamence as a much stronger physical sweeper? Also, is it a good idea to give him a choice item or should I try a Life Orb?

General Points:

Now, as you can see I do have a 3 times 200% weakness to water but you're always going to get that with a SS team. I mean my TT knows T-bolt which could counter some pokes carrying surf but probably depending on it a lot there. Obviously it is impossible to eradicate all weaknesses so I'd just hope to be able to cover the majority of counters with the attacking moves I have given.

Also, I seem to lack a special sweeper which is why I have gone for this Salamence, seems like a waste when I guess I could replace one of my other pokes and make this Sal a physical sweeper. Possibly replacing scizor for lucario, magnezone? However, the move types would be very similar so still rateable.

If anyone could suggest anything, be it EVs, moves or even suggest replacing Pokemon altogether that would be great. I'm really looking for any constructive criticism anyone can give as this is my first attempt at a half decent SS team. I hope it isn't too bad, but if It is so what, I'll have to re-adjust and try again, its not the end of the now world is it :)

Back