Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old July 13th, 2009, 11:56 AM
iTeruri
iAm

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Introdoction how this came to be, sort of
Hello there! My name is iTeruri, some might know me, some might not. This is the repost of my hack, titled Kyanite. The old hack started as Dreaming Red but after a crash I decided to restart it as Kyanite. That is the old version of Kyanite (as posted on PC) and this is the new one. What happened? Personal stuff I won't bother you guys with.
Anyway, Kyanite is back, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy making it.

Story the small wall of text
On a day that starts like any day Alexander asks you to follow him to your father’s gym. Once at the gym your father tells you he’s getting to old to be the gym leader and asks you, his only child, to carry on the old family tradition.
Alexander, who has been working at the gym for ages, tells you about the different aspects of being a gym leader and also gives you your first Pokémon.
Now you are the Gym Leader you’ll have to face many challengers, but that’s not the only aspect of being a official Gym Leader! People from all over the Shiku region need your help and you’ll need to expore the Shiku region!

That’s not all... there are several plots all based around other characters, mostly other Gym Leaders. One of them is the Story of Prof Beech, the Professor in the Shiku region that studies Pokémon DNA. He has a special mission he wants you to participate in...

Screenshots visual stuff
Become a Gym Leader:

Recurring characters, some new and some old faces

Discover the Shiku region!

What's so odd about the Enigmatic Egg?

Discover the Luxury of the Stargaze hotel!

Some notable features: future releases will have more
- You are a gym leader! Take on challengers in your team. Other leaders are optional
- You give shape to your own story, there is no set path to take. There are mini plots and mysteries, but not one big, long, boring story you have to follow
- Quests: help people and earn gratitude tokens. Collect and spend these tokens on special goodies, services, etc.
- All 386 Pokémon available, some only in special ways

Releases:
Click here to download Beta 1.2

Support:

PHP Code:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=186062][img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/ShineyDragonair/supportbar.png[/img][/url] 
Credits: Anything I didn’t do myself
- Hiroshi Sotomura, non-profit screen
- Wichu, decapitalisation patch
- JPAN, fire red hacked engine patch
- Quil, for helping me, supporting me, and inserting the shiku world map.

Last edited by iTeruri; January 8th, 2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old July 13th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Osher99

Make Updates dude.
I looking forward to see some updates from your hack!
Hack I Support:

Old July 13th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Mormo
Cyndaquil Lover

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Mormo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mormo
This looks great! Can't wait for the next update. If you need any help with spriting, feel free to ask me.
Old July 14th, 2009, 11:19 AM
lizardman974
I'm honestly just that awesome

Nature: Adamant
This is a great, original hack I love it! This is definitely gonna be a top hack. No doubt about it. I'm totally looking forward to the first release!

Old July 14th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Pheya
Is very excited about HH & SS.

Haha Bart, hier ook geplaatst? xD Nouja, je weet wat ik van je hack vind, vooral Beech ziet er beter uit!

(Translation: Haha Bart, you placed it here also? xD Well, you know what I think of your hack, especially Beech looks better!)

Old July 14th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Well, now that's original. I've never seen a Hack with the Hero being a Gym Leader. But, there's one problem. Remember to remove the Boy/Girl part in the Introduction. Or you can make a different style for the Gym Leader to replace the Girl if you like.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:51 AM
iTeruri
iAm

It's peanutt butter update time!
A couple of small uodates.

New house tiles, this is what your house looks like ingame.

Tyrogue, the starting Pokémon, got a moveset update.

When I say a couple, I really mean a couple. When I say small, I really mean small. But I hope you enjoy both of these updates.
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Neo-Wolf
I am back!

Very very original idea . I love this one . PM me for any pokemon editing help .

Hey guys, I am back!
But NO more ROM Hacking for me.
Nor any CSS.
I am now primarily a writer.

Stuck in your hack? Developed a writer's block? Get cool story ideas from me!
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:32 AM
iTeruri
iAm

It's peanut butter update time!
I edited the housetiles a bit, because I forgot a small (but important) detail. Also I changed the layout of the first town, Debu Town, a bit so everything matches the new tiles.

Just hangin' around in Debu Town.

I hope you like the new house tiles.
Old July 16th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Sure we like them, they're really nice!
Did you make 'em?
Old July 16th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Neo-Wolf
I am back!

Great tiles . Good progress . Keep up the good work .

Hey guys, I am back!
Nor any CSS.

Old July 16th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
You might want to edit the Hero OW as it doesn't look very good. If you want, can I fix it for you? Please respond to this message.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
Old July 16th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
It's looking nice but I have to agree with Ruka, the hero OW looks a bit weird

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old July 16th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Vannah☆
Proud Spriter of Torzach ^_^

Is it just me, or does the hero OW seem very... short? Would you like me to fix it? xD

Michael Jackson - Rest in peace, King of pop. Thanks for the memories.

Torzach's Forum! http://pokemontorzach.proboards.com/index.cgi

Old July 17th, 2009, 05:15 AM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTeruri
There are mini plots and mysteries, but not one big, long, boring story you have to follow
You have a nice hack going here! But (oh boy, there's always a but), the fact that you dont have a long story is kind of disappointing..Because I know that if this hack did, it would probably be VERY good, and with a storyline, you can draw ideas from almost anything for events.

Besides, not all hacks storylines are boring, it's just, most hacks can't stick with them :\
But you (and you hack) have extra potential. I love the tiles, and the OWs too.
______

May I ask how you got this to happen:

I mean, what if I deposited my Cyndaquil (if that is the starter Pokemon)

Well, good luck with this!

Old July 17th, 2009, 09:18 AM
iTeruri
iAm

Colorful Summer: Anything new that's not in the credit list is my own work. So yes, I made the tiles myself.

Ruka Prince, rikudaman, Vannah☆: This is just the beta sprite. I might change it a bit in the process.

cooley: Instead of one long big story I decided to do 10 seperate stories. One about each leader and some other characters.
Also I'm planning on having some more mature stories where other characters experience things like love, death of a beloved one, and things like that. I'm still not sure about it.
Anyway, the Cyndaquil in StarGaze hotel (the screen in your post depicts this) is just a OW walking around. It doesn't follow you and this is the only place where you'll be able to see one of your Pokémon outside of your team.

These are the gym leaders you'll encounter troughout your adventure. All of them will have their own storyline (and ofcourse a gym).
1. Ravarok
2. Aso
3. Serena
4. Silver
5. Sander
6. Quil
7. Samira

Yes, 7 gym leaders, but you are the 8th.

This update is about the 7th leader, actually it's about her gym. This update will be between the spoiler tags, so you won't be spoiled.

Spoiler:

This gym is a dragon gym, associated with rough power by the junior trainers in this gym.

The puzzle works like this: Samira stands behin a gate, to open the gate you'll need a code. The code is kinda like a binairy number, with 1 being on and 0 being off (or was it the other way around?)
Anyway, by turning the 8 statues in this gym on or off you'll opnen up the gate (if done in the right manner, obviously)

Left: this statue is turned off
Right: after some interaction and a small earthquake the statue is now turned on

There are 256 possible combinates and every time the code is generated randomly. Sounds impossible to solve, right? Well, no.
Every trainer you beat will give you a hint about one of the statues and whether it should be turned off or on.

Yeah, brace yourself for the only way to possibly solve this puzzle.

Yeah, you should really change that statue.

Now it's correct. :O

There is one small problem: there are 8 statues and 5 trainers that will give you a hint. So you'll need to puzzle out the rest on your own.
Old July 20th, 2009, 02:14 AM
iTeruri
iAm

A small update after a few days of not hacking. xD

The Pokémon Academy is located in a sperate part of Cayon City. This is the place to learn everything about being a Pokémon Trainer! The Academy is bigger than the schools in the real games. There are 5 teachers that teach you about several aspects of Pokémon.

I hope to have a big update soon about something I've never seen in a Fire Red hack. So yeah, I'm pretty sure it's something unique for Kyanite. I'm looking forward to make the scripts for it. xD
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:46 AM
Neo-Wolf
I am back!

Good. I really like the hotel bit !

Who's this ? ( Why do i get a feeling about ash ?)

Hey guys, I am back!
Nor any CSS.

Old July 21st, 2009, 05:24 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Looks great but i dont lyk the grass tiles
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old July 21st, 2009, 12:35 PM
iTeruri
iAm

shrey2008: That's Brandon, the maincharacter of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. You might get the Ash idea from the Pikachu chasing (not following) him. Yes, Brandon is in trouble. XD

I am Updatimus Prime!

The new Pokémon Center and Pokémon Mart tiles. Like it should, the Pokémon Mart is a tad smaller and blue and the Pokémon Center is obviously the standard red.
I tried to give these two buildings a futuristic look.

'till the next Updatimus Prime Time!
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:20 PM
Neo-Wolf
I am back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTeruri View Post
shrey2008: That's Brandon, the maincharacter of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. You might get the Ash idea from the Pikachu chasing (not following) him. Yes, Brandon is in trouble. XD

I am Updatimus Prime!

The new Pokémon Center and Pokémon Mart tiles. Like it should, the Pokémon Mart is a tad smaller and blue and the Pokémon Center is obviously the standard red.
I tried to give these two buildings a futuristic look.

The tiles are great . Are those bins next to them ?

Hey guys, I am back!
Nor any CSS.

Old July 26th, 2009, 04:32 AM
iTeruri
iAm

One of those persons who's post got deleted: I make all my tiles myself.

Shrey2008: That are small lamps/lights (a unique tile for Cayon City =P) Well, there are bins in Kyanite, in fact you can see one in this update.

I am Updatimus Prime!
Houses and /randomness/ in one topic? Does that work out well? Yes, no, sometimes, maybe? I think it does.

There's not a lot to explain, tbh. Screen 1 shows the new houses in Dredge Town while screen 2 shows a person guessing your favourute Pokémon.

Old July 26th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Neo-Wolf
I am back!

Is this a solo project ? It looks great xD !
Tip : Can you make the interiors futuristic ?

Hey guys, I am back!
Nor any CSS.

Old July 28th, 2009, 06:50 AM
iTeruri
iAm

Yes, this is a one man project. I try to do most myself, sometimes there are somethigns I just can't do myself (like shiny hack) or things that are just stupid if I would do it myself (decapitalisation, altough I already decapitilised every item + description and attack + description)

Anyway...

Kyanite has no long story like most hack, instead you;kk meet several characters in ten different sub plots; small story lines (altough some of them are of decent lenght).
Each story is about one or two characters, the gym leaders and professor Beech to name a few.

Today I'll reveal a small part about the first of the plots...

Short Man's first villian!
Shorts Man is (almost) a normal kid from the Shiku region. He thinks he is a super hero, this sometimes result in awkward situations. This time it's serieus, because he received a weird letter and he knows for sure it's a evil super villian that tries to destroy him! The villian has to be stopped before it's too late...

Drowzeeman and Pidgeottoman screens: Shorts Man is quite fond of creating villians that don't excist at all...

To the next update and beyond!
Old August 8th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Megiddo-san
Barium - Summer '12 Return?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Megiddo-san
Congratulations on hack of the week number 74. Here is your award.

Hashire! Asu e tsudzuku shinka no micha wa
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here