• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Childhood Pets

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
  • A common little thing I see in most movies and television shows, is that the [main] characters have a childhood pet that they remember lovingly or humorously despised. So my question to you: Did you have a furry childhood pal?

I was never allowed to have the dog or cat I so wished to have had as a child, thus I've always felt left out in a sense. So I just set things on fire to try to fill the hole in my heart. What about you PC? Any fond memories of a pet that might now be long gone?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Ive had many.

Dogs, hamsters, parakeets, cat, turtles and thats about it. I wish I had a monkey.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    At first, I had a cat, which I hardly remember and I do not remember at all what happened to it. I do remember that it enjoyed scratching, though, especially me.

Then I had a dog, although it bit people. A lot. ...In fact I would say that I have at least 10 bite marks from it between both of my hands and my feet, yet I still liked it. There was one time that it even attacked a random person trying to pass through our fenced yard, and said person then had the police investigate it. My parents eventually decided to put the dog down while I was at school one day. I was not informed of this until after school had ended.

We moved a while later, and "adopted" a cat that had originally belonged to our new home's previous owner. We had that cat for around...five or six years, until it became ill and my mother forced the decision to euthanize it because we "did not have the money" to care for it.

Right now, there are only two dogs that were adoptrescued from neighbors. I say "rescued" because the body of their dead mother was discovered to be lying in their backyard less than six months later, and...well, let me just say that none of the dogs that they have owned since then have really done much better.

Ayselipera

I used to have a Dog when I was really little, but it died when I was around 4. I've had numerous pets after it, but now its just my cat and I.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    We had a bunch of animals over the years. Dogs, cats, fish, turtles, iguanas, chickens... lol, chickens. We had "Fat Chicken" and "Little Skinny Chicken".

When I was really young, we had a bunch of cats, and the only one I remember was Bela. One of only two animals I've actually cried over losing. Our old dog, Cyrus was the other one. He lasted almost as long as I have, so I actually remember him quite well. Died last year, and I carved his name into the wood on my bed.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Six guinea pigs in all.

Squeaky (male) - Dead 2007
    Sarah (male [don't ask]) - Dead 2007
    Milkshakes (female [albino]) - Alive
    Chocolate (female [mother of two]) - Alive
    Mittens (male [son of Chocolate]) - Born November 2008, Alive
    Fuzzy (male [son of Chocolate]) - Born November 2008, Alive

I love Mittens to death.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Cats, fish, hamsters, frogs, and even hermit crabs. I've had a lot of childhood pets =P

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
    Years
  • I had a puppy that died a few years ago. I also had a hamster, though it was really my sisters'.

My two other pets are still alive. A adorable tiny cat, and a jealous cute puppy. I love them both to death. <3

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I had Parrots,Birds, Cats & kittens when i was around 9 or 10 idk where are they now ;-;

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I'm allergic to animals, so yeah, I've only ever had fish. My first was a goldfish, creatively named 'Fish'. :D I didn't have my own fish for a few years after that, but in 2005 I had an angelfish that was blind in one eye named Batman. 8D He died last month though. ._.;

Years
  • We had two Border Collies when I was much younger, and my grandmother had one too. They were all put down at some point - our dogs when they were very old and my grandmother's when she was in extreme pain from a broken ankle. :[

Years
  • I had a hamsters who lived for a good 5 years. After she died I was devastated. But then my mom brought me my dog Jaspa to cheer me up. :D

justdieplz

Pokemon White Enthusiast
    Years
  • My dog, Turbo, (yes that is his name,) is an English Cocker Spaniel and has been my pet for 5 years but he's still fun to play with for about an hour or two, then he passes out.... For the rest of the day.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • I've never had any childhood pets (unless you count that Suicune I had that was killed when a fat guy sat on it :() But I really want a rabbit. :P

Years
  • I had a dog called muffie he was the best. I got him as a pup off my grandmother, I was about 4 or 5 he died nearly 2 years ago I was 17, he had a great life for a small dog but it broke my heart. I miss him :( Had a dog before him and it got stollen. Had fish, I have mr.Doug Gills still he's a 9 or 10 year old goldfish. We took in a few kittens here and there until we got owners. Really hope I get a dog or a cat soon. I love animals.

Back