• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ramadhan Al-Mubarak- Happy Ramadhan!

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
  • Sine it's the 22nd of August and the moon sightings confirmed it, let me be the first to say,
    Happy Ramadhan Al-Mubarak or Ramadhan Mubarak!!! Yay!

For those of you who are blissfully ignorant don't know, Ramadan is one of the holiest months in the Islamic calendar in which muslims fast (abstain from food and drink) and try to be better people. It's also a month of spiritual reflection, doing good deeds and spending time with family and friends.

Ramadan is a month long celebration that ends with the celebration of Eid ul-Fitr (in my language it's pronounced Aidilfitri).

For more information:

http://www.ramadan.co.uk/index1.php?page=others.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan
    http://islam.about.com/od/ramadan/a/ram_benefits.htm

Happy Ramadhan!!!

On a side note: Try not to flame. ^__^ I'm too tired to argue right now...

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Happy Ramadhan! I remember that holiday whilst with my Indonesian friends. Ramadhan for most people is either the biggest or 2nd biggest celebration for them (of course depending on family traditions).

If I recall Eid ul-Fitr was not only a day of food and celebration, but also foregiveness.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Can I still wish you a happy Ramadan even though I'm not Islamic?

Also, is fasting fun, or is it kind of difficult?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023

Children aren't as regimented as adults, so sometimes they either don't have to follow it, or follow it as strictly. But it can especially depend where you are in the world. Where I live, we get a good amount of daylight, while compared to other countries, it could be up to 12 hours between meals. But of course they get used to this (or rather their body does).

Mew Ichigo

Akatsuki Fan
    Years
  • Congrats, I had no idea you were a Muslim. ^_^

Yup. And proud ^^

Of course! Its like Christmas, I can wish you a Merry Christmas.

Its hard when you first start, but then kinda fun. I like the feeling when Im hungry.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Can I still wish you a happy Ramadan even though I'm not Islamic?

Yep, like Mew Ichigo said, it's like Christmas and everyone should join in the festivities. On Eid ul-Fitr here in Malaysia, we hold open houses for everyone to enjoy, even other religions. :D

And fasting is fun in a way. You eat early in the morning(during Suhoor/Sahur) and then you fast for the rest of the day. When the sun finally sets(Maghrib), you can eat and the food tastes better after fasting for a full day. It really is fun.

Also, children aren't forced to fast, only people who have reached puberty. Children can fast if they want to though. :)

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Glad to see a thread for Ramadan anyways, Ramadan AL-Mubarak to all the muslims/non-muslims here in PC!

Umm Yeah I am a muslim too.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • To quote Krusty the Clown, have a a solemn and dignified Ramadan. lol

Have a Happy Ramadan
    I saw that episode. XD

Soari said:
    Glad to see a thread for Ramadan anyways, Ramadan AL-Mubarak to all the muslims/non-muslims here in PC!
    Glad to see Muslims here on PC besides me. Ramadan Al-Mubarak to you too. It's almost Maghrib here so I'll be able to Break Fast soon.

|Rigel| said:
    I've no idea you were a Muslim! Anyways, Happy Ramadhan! It's one of the 5 pillars of Muslims. Another is one must go to Mecca once in a lifetime(or so), you Muslim guys be going there?
    The pillars are as follows in no particular order:
    1.Pray 5 times a day.
    2.Fast in the month of Ramadhan.(Sawm)
    3.Go for the Hajj (pilgrimage) if able(financially and physically).
    4.Declaration of Shahadah(declaration of faith)
    5.Zakat(charitable alms-giving to the poor based on accumulated wealth).

And yeah, when I have enough money.
    FunFact: It is recommended to break fast with something sweet and healthy such as dates.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I've no idea you were a Muslim! Anyways, Happy Ramadhan! It's one of the 5 pillars of Muslims. Another is one must go to Mecca once in a lifetime(or so), you Muslim guys be going there?
    You , Ive been there twice , its good that you found out that im a muslim xd

@Mew Ichigo : lol , I stayed awake yesterday till 5:00 AM to eat before I sleep , and now I dont feel hungry xD

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I am so hungry DX
    Anyway, I cant wait till Eid! We always have yummy curry!
    Curry is nice. ^__^

In Malaysia we usually have Rendang(a type of beef stew), ketupat(a form of sticky rice) and a whole host of delicacies.

I just broke fast by the way, it's already Maghrib in Malaysia and now I'm going for tarawih.
    We had noodles and fried rice with potato stew. It was delicious. ^__^
    fd05_beef_rendang.jpg

(This is Rendang by the way)
    Sorry to those that are still fasting. It looks good though.

Now, just 29/30 more days to go till Eid!!!

Chaostorm said:
    @Mew Ichigo : lol , I stayed awake yesterday till 5:00 AM to eat before I sleep , and now I dont feel hungry xD
    It's called 'Suhoor' for anyone who doesn't know. ^_^

Jad

Pokemon And Megaman Fan
    Years
  • HAPPY RAMADAN!!!
    Who is fasting
    i am

رمضان كريم

image001vcq.jpg

image003nld.gif

image002e.gif

اعادة الله علينا وعليكم وعلي امة المسلمين بالخير واليمن والبركات

" قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم

(من قام رمضانا" ايمانا واحتسابا" غفر له ما تقدم من ذنبه . )

( اقْرَءُوا الْقُرْآنَ فَإِنَّهُ يَأْتِى يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ شَفِيعًا لأَصْحَابِهِ... )

( من قام ليله القدر ايمانا واحتسابا" غفر له ما تقدم من ذنبه )

(من فطر صائما كان له مثل اجره غير انه لاينقص من اجر الصائم شئ ) ..

(من فرج عن مسلم كربة من كرب الدنيا فرج الله عنه كربة من كرب الآخرة ومن ستر أخاه المؤمن في الدنيا ستره الله في الآخرة والله في عون العبد ما كان العبد في عون أخيه. . )

رب اغفر لي و لوالدي و أصحاب الحقوق على والمؤمنين والمؤمنات والمسلمين والمسلمات الأحياء منهم والأموات يوم يقوم الحساب انك قريب تجيب الدعاء – آمين.

الحمد لله رب العالمين والصلاة والسلام على اشرف المرسلين وعلى اله الطيبين

كل عام وأنتم بخير

Back