The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 7th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Welcome to the club.

Congrats on all those shinys!

I just realized, all my online friends are playing some kind of Pokemon (3 are playing X/Y, one Gates to Infinity) while I picked up a copy of Rune Factory 4 to fill the time when even the thought of one more pokemon encounter and I'll throw the game. Turns out... Rune Factory is addicting and my OCD loves being able to micro-manage the world around me. Now I'm trying to find time to play both, because when I play one, I end up doing so for hours and never touch the other, between POKEMON X and RF4.

By the way, that shiny finding device is awesome, as if shain fishing wasn't easy already, now you don't even have to worry about breaking the chain by bad button pushing timing! (note sarcasm is second half of that) I do think it's awesome though.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Nature: Calm
Here is the picture of Beechyboy's togepi:

Spoiler:

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Friend Code: 0877 1355 2214
Friend Safari: Grass and contains Gogoat, Ivysaur, and Tangela.

Feel free to add me, please send PM with your FC so I can add you back

Last edited by Paulthagerous; November 7th, 2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Fixing link to show in this forum and not go to the hosting site
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Beechyboy

Nature: Sassy
Thanks for posting the pic Paul! appreciate it
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

@Beechyboy: Happy to help

So just got my 2nd shiny of this generation, one I have liked an wanted for a while. Was using the Pokeradar, and after a chain of 20 this beauty turned up unexpectedly:

Spoiler:

Her IV's aren't very good, but she has a 31 in speed which is the one that I would prefer to be the best so it's ok

Spoiler:

20-27 HP
09-16 Attack
20-27 Defence
02-08 Sp. Attack
05-12 Sp. Defence
31-31 Speed

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old November 7th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Beechyboy

Nice! I envy your pokeradar abilities. I can't chain a dern thing.
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Hitting the 40 to maximise the odds is still not easy, but getting better

Once I have sussed it out a bit better I will be making a video tutorial for a friend of mine, will post a link here as well. Think all I need is more patience (getting there though!)

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old November 7th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Beechyboy

Cool will definitely give it a watch I am sure I am doing things right but I just get frustrated when the chain breaks. I think I got to almost 30 chaining skiddos the other day, then gulpin showed up. It just had to be Gulpin.
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Hooh54
Perhaps it is over.

Thinking of going for a Poliwag (for Politoed) soon. Should I do it y/n?

Starting my Fletchling hunt! I just need to beat the game finally, and breed down some near-flawless Adamant Gale Wings. This'll be faster hatching. Also for the November hunt!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Beechyboy

Heck yea go for that Poli'. Poliwrath was actually one of my favourite water types to use back in the early days. Still is really. After reading the pokemon adventures manga and seeing red used Poli I grew to like them Never used politoad though, always went wraith.
Old November 8th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Wait what, they re-introduced the Pokéradar? How does it work now as regards finding a shiny? I chained so many shinies in DPPt that it got ridiculous haha, I'm very excited to see it return if it works in the same way. Though right now I've not even beat the league so still stuck to chain fishing - hoping for a couple shiny Relicanth today so I can get a good nature!

@Hooh Poliwag is one of my all-time favourites and Poliwrath is just a badass; definitely make sure to go get one!
Old November 8th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Wandering~Leaf
-Mordor and Eldar Supporter :3

Nature: Modest
UPDATE: I've got 3 boxes full of charmanders, no such luck yet. I'm also side hunting Absol and Poliwhirl/Politoed. :3 Gotta love that blue critter. :3

"Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last."
Old November 8th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Runasutaru
Hey, everyone! Good going with the captures and the ongoing hunts.

I've finished hatching for my flawless Hawlucha, so now I'm mass-breeding it with a 2 max IV Japanese Ditto in hopes of getting a really good Shiny one.

I've got a lot of ones with 4 max IVs and will likely get more with 5 max IVs, so if anyone wants one so they, too, can OCD towards both Shinyness and IVs like I do, feel free to put in a reservation!

If you do, my FC's in my signature and under my post count.

I don't mind anything specific in return, but surprises can be fun!

@Hooh: Don't let that Fletchling <INTENSIFY> too much or he might stroke!

~*Guardian Spectre of the Shiny Hunters' Club*~

Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
3DS FC: 1736 1330 4876
Pearl FC: 0560 9747 0686
Soul Silver FC: 4770 1082 0019
Black FC: 2236 6346 1481
Old November 8th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Keruso

ive come back with some news!

while continuing on in the game (ive gotten to route 14 or 15 now) i decided to save my game and just start encountering for a little while before going to bed last night. before i show the shiny, ive found out that Illuminate and/or rain cancels out horde encounters, so i removed the Volbeat i caught to test it out, and lo and behold:

Spoiler:

also, i dont remember if i showed the Mime Jr., so here it is again:

Spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lURz8OqB8Q Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Let's Play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiJ8gz5M8GY Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando Let's Play

Friend Safari: Psychic with Siglyph, Grumpig and Xatu. if you add me, please let me know and i can add you
Old November 8th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Flydro
doobz

Hey all, just checking in. No new shinies for me yet, but I've been feeling very unmotivated lately. Everyone else seems to be getting shinies with relative ease but I haven't had any sort of luck on my hunts. All these new methods and lower odds are starting to make me feel like the shinies I have aren't really worth anything anymore. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned? Am I wrong for feeling this way? Throughout my hunting career I've always used one gaming system and did all hunts on my own such as the SR and RE methods because I don't have anyone else to play pokemon with (wether online or in real life) and stuck with the 1/8192 odds. Not complaining though, since I've been fortunate enough to find some cool shinies on my own that I'm very proud of. But to me it just seems like shinies aren't worth as much now because they have become so easy to get, with the shiny charms, poke radar and chain fishing and stuff. I only have one dsi and no 3ds so I haven't played Gen VI yet, but I'm not sure if I should even buy it because of how I'm feeling about hunting right now. I hope my feelings change soon because I don't wanna stop playing altogether. Can anyone help me out? :/

But moving on, congrats to all the shinies caught regardless of the methods used! Special congrats to Beechyboy on shiny Togepi! Giuseppe is a perfect name for it. Does everyone else nickname their shinies too? How do yall come up with them?

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR HUNTS EVERYONE!**

*hunting:

Old November 8th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

congrats on all new shinies.

question: has anyone tried the new breeding mechanic with the destiny knot with ev ítems? i don't know if one cancels the effect of the other.
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Welcome back, Flydro!

Don't let yourself get demotivated. Seeing many Shinies spring up can indeed seem demotivating, but always remember that you know the time and effort put into your Shinies and that's what really matters, in the end. Much like with breeding for IVs, I stay off those methods out of a personal preference, as I'm guessing you do. Even if people have new ways of getting them now, you can always be reassured by the date, generation and location of your own Pokémon. The species in your collection may be easier to acquire now and they may be worth less for others, but you shouldn't let your own perception of them change.

A lot of methods have been implemented that drastically reduce the odds, that's true. If you don't feel right using them, then you don't have to. In fact, I tried chain fishing for a bit and gave away one of the Shinies I got, since I didn't feel right keeping it; planning to do the same with the Friend Safari. Of the Shinies I have from easier measures (everything that isn't RE, SR, normal and Masuda breeding), only one is a Shiny I didn't use to have before my old games were stolen - my Staraptor. That was the first Shiny I got and Radar'd for in Gen IV, so I was quite excited!

In the end, if you don't feel like you owe anything to anyone in regards to the authenticity or rarity of your collection, you'll be better off.

Old November 8th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Wandering~Leaf
-Mordor and Eldar Supporter :3

Nature: Modest
WELL, after fishing for a while, I ran into a shiny poliwhirl. I decided to evolve it into this adorable critter <3 :

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Unfortunately, it has a docile nature. But nonetheless, I think this one will be on my team forever. :3

"Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last."
Old November 8th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Got a fishable shiny goldeen (by fishing, obviously) after clocking just over 100 hours in my game.

Old November 8th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Kotomine

Nature: Careful
Hey guys got a new shiny!

Spoiler:

It took a 100ish SRs doing 5 fossils per SR. 1 Kabuto, 1 Cranidos, 2 Tirtougas and an Archen. This file is one of my luckiest files I've had since my Diamond file. Also just need one more flying type to complete this months challenge too!

That was just a hunt I was doing on the side while hunting Espurr, at about 5200~ REs for that I really hope I can get it. Also still REing on Black, not really going for anything specific just going around to different areas trying to figure out what I should hunt next.

Lost shinies: Arbok[RECLAIMED], Basculin (Red striped one)
Masuda method: Zorua - 185 eggs
1/8192: Rattata, Arbok, Psyduck, Mankey, Abra, Doduo, Mewtwo, Chikorita, Golbat, Gloom, Unown - A, Smeargle, Zigzagoon, Wingull x 2, Banette, Registeel, Bidoof, Shinx, Roselia, Combee (female), Palkia, Landorus, Kyurem, Boldore x 3, Metang, Archen, Woobat, Nuzleaf
1/4096: Murkrow, Trevenant, Nosepass, Houndour, Snubbull, Eevee, Sentret x 3, Oddish x 3, Nincada
Friend Safari: Rhydon

Last edited by Kotomine; November 8th, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old November 9th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

So, I bring more news! I was hunting along happily with my pokeradar, and after just 15 short chains this one turned up. It caught me off guard and I was a little unsure as to which patch it was (there were 2 right above each other), but thankfully I got the right one:

Spoiler:

A cool shiny and it is now evolved. One that I have never got before, so I am happy

After that, my chain hadn't broken so I reset the radar. After I reset it a second time, I was shocked to see even more sparkles:

Spoiler:

So these would have been 15 and 16 respectively. Very small odds of this happening but hey, not complaining

Their IV's are average, but that's OK by me.

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old November 10th, 2013, 01:20 PM
DACALSTA
Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]

it appears that shiny pokemon seem to be avoiding me since B/W because after hearing all the incredible luck everyone is having, i still don't have another shiny under my belt, personally, i'd like to get a shiny Doublade/Aegislash or a Talonflame although judging my track record, it'll be another Bug Type. so here's hoping for Scyther/Scizor because i definitely want to use a shiny Mega Scizor.

once again congrats to all found shinys between posts.

Traded 5 Total:

Bug Types (Including Pre-Evolutions): 4/69

Last edited by DACALSTA; November 10th, 2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: more words
Old November 10th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
Congratulations on new shinys!

No new shinys encountered (then again I've been staying away from fishing and the friend safari, so I wasn't expecting to see any too much) and I'm tired out from egg hatching, I can only take it for so long.

So until I feel like hatching again... or make another attempt at chain-fishing up a Remoraid...

Anyone have an opinion on what I should hunt? I wouldn't mind hunting for any of these: Pumpkaboo, Klefki, Scorupi, Surskit, Hoppip, Inkay, Houndour, Stunky, Carbink...

I think that's a good list.

- - - LDD

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old November 10th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

IHoundour, as can get a Mega.
Inkay, as Malamar is awesome.

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old November 10th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

@LDD: Go for Carbink so you can have a "Yo dawg!" moment every time you send it out, since it sounds like a Shiny when sent out normally and it'll sparkle again from the Shinyness. Ha!

Old November 10th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Hooh54
Perhaps it is over.

I have a great story to tell today! In fact - my second shiny ever in XY!

Sadly as I have no access to a Gale Wings Fletchling (no Fire Safari), there was indeed a Dragon Safari I wanted to try my luck with, to see if the rumors were true that shinies were easier there. My person didn't have the game, and they only had two dragons in there - Gabite and Shelgon. I was really hoping for Shelgon, but I know shiny Megachomp is great too.

I was crazy tried from last night and wanted a casual hunt, so with my friend and for a good 3 hours I just did an estimated 700-something encounters. And then the Shelgon shone! He's fabulous and green, and my Jolly sync worked somehow, miraculously. My Fletchinder accidentally burned him while battling and he was down to at least 5 health when I just decided to swallow my pride and Master Ball it.

Totally worth it. His name's Kale.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here