• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon; Dragon's Bane (DEMO RELEASED!!!)

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    dragonflamefy4.jpg

Pokemon: Dragon's Bane!
    Hack of Fire Red

Introduction

Story Points(Roughly)

• You are Ash's son (not very original, I know) who is now a Pokemon professor.
    • Your older brother, William, is in the elite four
    • Lance's son, Bane, is the elite four champion.
    • Lance and Ash recruit you to join a group to help destroy Team Flame, who Bane is the Leader of.
    • Lance and Ash's strategy to sabotage Team Flame is for you to become a member of the Team and be a traitor! So you get to experience both sides of the conflict, and eventually chose who you will ally yourself with (alternate endings FTW!)

Features

• All Pokemon catchable (Legends included)(D/P pokemon will be added if an easy way to add all 109 of them becomes available)
    • More Difficult than older games
    • Most characters from older games are returning (just 30 years older)
    • Better Pokemon to catch at the start of the game
    • More events with legendary Pokemon
    • All dragon starters : Dratini, Bagon, and Trapinch (or Gible if i decide to include D/P Pokemon)
    • Pokemon League is more than the Elite Four, its an group of pokemon trainers that have beaten the 8 gyms and is more of a battle frontier type area, i want to have high level items for sale, high level training battles, trades etc.
    • Shadow Pokemon (thats sorta Team Flames take over the world gimmick)
    • the elite 4 and gyms aren't "Type Specific," they have well balanced teams making it more difficult to defeat them (so u can't just take an electric pokemon to the water gym and destroy the gym leader with no difficulty)

Some Early Screen Shots
    Spoiler:

I need some Help!!!!!

• I need a spriter (regular in-battle sprites, not overworlds)

Some question i have

• I've figured out how to change the version name on the title screen, but how to i keep it form looking like crap?

Well, I guess that's it....
    Oh yea, please reply or pm me with comments, advice, questions, ect.

(This Demo is a small little peek at the game, don't expect to much content)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Hmm Not type specific gyms?

Sorry but that might actually make it easier to beat them. I found it alot easier to beat my rival, and the people with different types than the specific gyms. It depends more on the actual pokemon they use than the type.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I noticed a few things that shouldn't be in the first town.

1. No wild pokemon grass. Towns shouldn't contain wild pokemon grass.
    2. Re-check your grammar at parts. There are a few errors here and there.
    3. If you lose a battle before a Pokemon Center, you end up back home, talking to a cabinet like it is your Mom.
    4. Tile Error on the Red Roofed house.
    5. The Professor's sprite is... Well, needs improvement.
    6. There are also Block Errors on the ground, check the path carefully. Recheck all of your maps carefully. The small trees also have the wrong tile used when put in a row. Look carefully.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Hmmm. Besides what Banjora pointed out, I would like to know how you will design Team Flame.
    How do Zapdos and Dragon type Poke'mon fit into the story? (Besides Lance, of course.)

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Well congrats on an early release, hope to see more progress in future, but there is a few things that I can see now that you should consider changing for future releases.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    thansk for the comments guys, the demo is nothing special remember, its just a rough version of the first moments of the game (not like a beta or anything) and as for the story, i don't want to give too many spoilers away :D

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    thansk for the comments guys, the demo is nothing special remember, its just a rough version of the first moments of the game (not like a beta or anything) and as for the story, i don't want to give too many spoilers away :D

But it would be nice for there to be no errors. After all, errors in any demo are bound to lead to errors in future releases.

Anyway, like Shadow-Lugia said, only 25 free spots that are easy to use, but if you know Engine Hacking (which is incredibly rare, and probably hard), you can insert more.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years

• But it would be nice for there to be no errors. After all, errors in any demo are bound to lead to errors in future releases.

Anyway, like Shadow-Lugia said, only 25 free spots that are easy to use, but if you know Engine Hacking (which is incredibly rare, and probably hard), you can insert more.

I'd suggest using the 25 spots and then using Hoenn Pokemon. Hoenn pokemon are unpopular, rarely used in hacks and take up space if you never actually let the player encounter them. 25 spots plus the like 202 (I think) Hoenn pokemon is a total of 227 spots you can use on top of the popular Kanto + Johto Pokemon. Plus I think there is space left over (Lol, I forgot how many D/P pokemon there is.) for either Hoenn legendaries or Fakemon. D:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I'd suggest using the 25 spots and then using Hoenn Pokemon. Hoenn pokemon are unpopular, rarely used in hacks and take up space if you never actually let the player encounter them. 25 spots plus the like 202 (I think) Hoenn pokemon is a total of 227 spots you can use on top of the popular Kanto + Johto Pokemon. Plus I think there is space left over (Lol, I forgot how many D/P pokemon there is.) for either Hoenn legendaries or Fakemon. D:

Nothing wrong with Hoenn pokemon. (107 DP pokemon), but you do need to replace other pokemon, unless you can Engine Hack, which not very many do. (It is heard of, butnot widely practiced)

Bear in mind SharpPoint, it says "Catch Every Pokemon", so Hoenn pokemon will be used, most chances. (Yay, I quite like them)

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    yea, i think I've decided to just not include d/p pokemon at all, for me, its all or nothing, and i would never be able to pick just 25

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years

• Nothing wrong with Hoenn pokemon. (107 DP pokemon), but you do need to replace other pokemon, unless you can Engine Hack, which not very many do. (It is heard of, butnot widely practiced)

Bear in mind SharpPoint, it says "Catch Every Pokemon", so Hoenn pokemon will be used, most chances. (Yay, I quite like them)

Ahh, yeah. If every Pokemon is catchable I guess you can only add 25 D/P (You could add more, but you'll need a lot of knowledge on FireRed's 'interior'.)

I'd suggest you add the 107 DP pokemon, replacing only about 75/200 Hoenn pokemon. It would make your hack very unique. But, I don't want to influence your decision so it's up to you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    i can do the overworld sprites. If you want im Pretty good

If you've downloaded the demo, the Professor Ash (same spot as Oak) sprite has really been bugging me so if you have any advice on how to make it look better, please share

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    to address adding D/P pokemon, until it becomes easier to do (adding all 109 i mean), I'm not adding any of them

P.S. I was planning on using the 25 spots for shadow pokemon :S

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
  • I can help with the story and story issues and stuff. If you want some proof of work, click the link, "Shadows of the Past" on my signature.
    Thanks
    -Den

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    I was never planning on using fakemon, just shadow pokemon and possibly dp pokemon

Shadow_Gengar

Romhacker 4 Live
    Years
  • Have you Helper with the hack?
    I would like to support the hack.
    And the hero is really fantastic.
    Who have made it? Can I use the hero
    for my hack, too?

Back