• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can see myself liking it here.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2009
    Hello, everyone at PC. As you can tell, I'm Perception, and I'm very thankful you're taking the time out of your day/night to welcome me into PC. Or just reading this, of course. I've actually been checking into PC quite a lot recently, and it's such a nice place I thought I may as well join. And so I ended up here, writing this introduction. I hope you'll stay on and read in through to the end; in other forums I've joined, I've been told my introductions are long and tedious. Oh well.

As you might be able to tell, my favourite colour is lilac. I don't know why, but I just like all kinds of purple and blue; yet I can't abide pink or yellow. They're too bright, too distracting. I like dark, relaxing, calming colours, which don't stand out too much. I myself often try to reflect this attitude towards life; quiet and calm and generally ordinary. and while you're thinking it, yes, it is quite sad that I can just about write an entire paragraph on my colour preferences. That's the kind of person I am; If I do something, I go into great depth.

I like classical music; As I type, I am listening to Pachelbel's Canon in D major. I particularly like Pachelbel, Mozart and Beethoven, in particular Ode to joy and the aforementioned Canon. I myself am quite skilled in playing music, and I believe firmly in the philosophy "To learn music, you must listen to music, not merely hear it". I just love the way that music seems to twist and wind itself all around you and bring sheer joy in the form of a beautiful sound to your ears... Sorry, I must be boring you. I greatly admire legendary musicians, and I aspire to become as good as them at one point. But who knows? Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

I chose my username because I'm quite good at reading people. I'm often able to make good, firm friends wherever I go and can often win an argument about anything. I can usually relate to them and use this to my own great advantage. I just hope I can use my perceptive skills to make myself just as popular here as elsewhere! Despite my somewhat young age, I've been told I have a silver tongue, something which you'll find I take great pride in. I've also been told I'm quite arrogant, which I'm afraid I can't disagree with, it's one of my major faults... I can be very irritating at times, but I'll try to keep a proverbial lid on it.

People also tell me that I can be kind, generous, charming, sensitive, and sympathetic to the feelings of those around me. I suppose that makes me sound like quite a good person, which If I might say, I am, but as I've already said, I can be very arrogant and infuriating at times. If I had to compare myself to a Pokemon, it would probably be Blissey; kind and caring but extremely annoying and just won't leave you alone. Yes, that's me all over. However, I don't throw eggs filled with happiness and joy at people. That's toeing the line a bit.

I first got into Pokemon when I was four years old, and my older brother insisted I play on his Pokemon Red copy for an hour, just to "See how I like it". He only let me use an Alakazam, but I absolutely loved the game after about five minutes. Because I only used Alakazam, It became one of my favourites when I got Blue, and from there my love of Psychic types really kicked off. Now I rarely use any types other than Psychic and Dark, which in my opinion back each other up quite nicely; I just have to watch out for the eeevil Scizor, but I have a nice little surprise for those horrible Bug users...

Anyway, I heard HG/SS were coming out, so I bought myself Platinum yesterday and I'm about to start playing it. I haven't gotten Wi-Fi sorted out on Pearl, so If I crack down and get to work on it I'll be battling in no time. Well, It'll take a little while to train my team up and everything, but... Anyway, I'm looking forward to potentially battling some of you and trading to get the Pokemon I need, It'll be so good to finally get a hold of the eeevil Munchlax. No, The best thing will be to battle. I'm also a little curious to know if you can engage in contests over Wi-Fi. I'll find out soon enough.

People say I'm very mature, and I'm not inclined to disagree with them. I don't often feel as happy as other people of my age, but I feel I lead a richer, more rewarding life than others, because I find fault with a lot of things, but I can truly appreciate the smaller things which others generally take for granted. I'm also always trying to make things better for myself and others, so I often have a feeling of self accomplishment. I keep my language in check and always try to maintain a polite, kind atmosphere about myself.

Well, I think that's everything, just about, I'm looking forward to accessing the many facilities that Pokecommunity has to offer. I can't wait to battle and trade with some of you and I hope I can become a respected and valued member of your community. I'll see you around the forum, I hope. So until then, it's goodbye.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    wow quite an entering speech eh
    i can vouch for being and liking all except the classical music part(more into heavy metal) but thats ur personal preference XD
    battling i can help u with that im not the best but hey
    also if ur looking for friends just send me a friend request ill accept gladly =)
    and lastly welcome to pc and hope u have a wonderful time here =)

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2009
    Thanks Mikey, I just started on Platinum so I probably can't accept your help just yet, but thanks anyway.

Back