• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can somebody be so mean....

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    I don't want to go into detail, but let's just say this guy who I thought was my friend just proved to me he wasn't.

He was one of my best friends and someone I could always talk to.

But now I feel like everything I do is pointless.

He told his friends I was a failure and I had no life.

And he never even tried telling me to my face, which hurts.

So far, the day's half over but I just to start everything over again.

What should I do, cuz I honestly don't know anymore.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • aww, that sounds so bad, just ditch him he's not exactly a good friend and he even proved it to you and your friends.

have you asked him why he said that about you? and why he didn't say that to your face?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    If he doesn't confront you, confront him. If you truly believe he is and still can be a good friend, someone has to take the initiative, and if he doesn't you'll have to make him see why.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    What if he was just joking? That's a possible.
    But if you're sure about it, go talk to him.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I don't want to go into detail, but let's just say this guy who I thought was my friend just proved to me he wasn't.

He was one of my best friends and someone I could always talk to.

But now I feel like everything I do is pointless.

He told his friends I was a failure and I had no life.

And he never even tried telling me to my face, which hurts.

So far, the day's half over but I just to start everything over again.

What should I do, cuz I honestly don't know anymore.

That happens more than you think. It's sad, and it's messed up. I think that you should just be a stronger person, and even though it hurts, you should stand up for yourself and prove that you're not pointless to yourself. Don't do it for other people. Be independent and be strong. You know you're the better person in the long run so don't let others keep you down.

It's happened to me countless times. Even a few days ago on PC here. Yeah it hurts, but you gotta realize that some other people do it because they're just "donkeys" and they think they're cool even though they don't know what it means or takes to be mature individuals.

Sooner or later you'll find REAL genuine friends. Ones that truly care about you.

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    I'd like to think he was joking, but he wouldn't avoid me for this long. He usually gives it up after first period.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • We all know someone like that, unfortunately. How much damage they do depends solely on how you deal with them. If you sit there and let them do whatever they want, they think it gives them free reign to do anything they want.

Unfortunately, the only way I know of out of this is too put out their fire with a hammer.Confronting them seems to work (since they're backstabbers, they hate confrontation... which is usually why they don't physically put you down.) my 'buddy' stabbed me and the rest of his so-called friends in the back one too many times and I headbutted him and threatened to report him as a sex offender... he hasn't bothered any of us since.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I swear, there is at least one of these threads every month or so, and most of them end up getting locked...

Well, friends do stuff like that. Back-stab. What can you do? Well, nothing really. Don't try to get revenge, cause that'll mess you up even more. Just don't do anything, and hope for the best.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Sigh. I hate when these things happen to people.

See, I've had this happen to me before.

First of all don't try to retaliate. Unless it's really good!

Confront him, maybe, tell him what you think.

If you don't do that, ditch him and make some new friends.

EDIT: 100th POST!!!

Last edited:

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • It happens. And when you have something someone wants, it happens even more. And when you get the same thing someone else has, it happens even more.

I'm not promoting violence, but seeing as I see it happen a lot, you might want to start weightlifting and if you can't do that at least try to do some push ups every night.
    As ridiculous as it sounds, as soon as you start getting big you're never going to see that again.
    And if you are already big then your "friend" is either bigger or an idiot.
    I'm not a fighter, but I've never been picked on either.
    That would solve the long term problem.

Short term, confront him and get a confession, if he denies make sure he denies in front of other people otherwise you'll feel awkward and angry and angry is not good in school.

You have to stand your ground and no matter what happens, or what happened, don't let other people tell you what to do, what you are, or what you like doing.

Call me an idiot for suggesting you get big, but it worked for me, and I don't know anyone it hasn't worked for. And since I don't know the entire situation I'm not going to go any further than this.

You'll make more friends either way, don't worry about this, and certainly don't lose any sleep over it.

Edit: And seeing as you're not saying exactly what he's been saying (You don't have to), I don't give people more than one chance at having a friendship unless they really promise some changes (That CAN be made). If he's willing to exploit you so he looks cooler and more intimidating to other people, then he's not worth it.

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Well, I just found out why he's doing this...

I don't know why, but it has something to do with me asking him to a movie since my other friend couldn't go.

And he doesn't want to tell me if he does or doesn't.

Did I make him mad by asking or was it something else...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I've seen stuff like this happen before. It can really catch a person off-guard.

I've learned that people who would insult you behind your back to get attention from others do not make good friends. I have also learned there are good reasons for not telling friends about certain things, but it seems that this time he may just be avoiding giving you real answers out of fear of your reaction. I would wait for him to quit with the avoidance thing, and then talk to him. If it turns out that he is the kind of person who would exploit you, I don't see why you would need to go on chasing after him. Best to drop it and let him have the choice on whether to come back.

Whatever else may come in to play here, there's no way to tell what exactly is going on unless you really know how his mind works.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • It sounds like your friend got mad because you used him as a backup. Since your other friend couldn't go, you asked him, and he might of thought he was just a backup friend in case one isn't there.

You should try to explain it to him. He'll understand the confusion. Hopefully
    XD

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    the more u put into people the more you will get hurt. You should do what i do and distance your self as far as possible from other people so you wont get hurt again

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Well, after reading everyone's comments, I am sad to say I will do as you guys say and not involve myself with him.

It's gonna be hard, and it's already hard thinking about it.

I hope he changes his attitude one day, and maybe things can be normal again.

Thank you guys.

Living Desert

Lock up your daughters...
    Years
  • I think gossip is natural and inevitable, though we may not admit it, we all talk smack about our friends, our family, our enemies, it's what people do. We can always say, we didn't/couldn't see these things coming, and its usually a lie. We generally know what kind of people our friends are, yet despite that, we expect so much from them, like they're going to rain down praise because we sit with them at lunch and play video games with them on the weekends. I wouldn't take it so personally, it's not going to be the first time something like this is going to happen. In the end, we have to accept that our friends aren't truly bound/allied to us.

Go and confront the person and see what happens if you must, but realize that 9/10 times, it doesnt go anywhere. You'll end up coming to some kind of insincere reconciliation and move on to discussing your favorite sports teams, or whatever. It's much easier to set aside our indignant contempts for people, because abandoning our ties completely just means we have to find someone else to fill their hole, and that is just too much work.

Back