• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do you catch Articuno in FireRed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Jog

Poké-Baller!
Years
  • I've gotten his health down as low as possible and used Snorlax to keep him asleep. He uses all 10 of my Ultra Balls every time. How can he keep breaking out?!

TheGearofWar

RAAM Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    Lots of Ultra Balls and a little bit of luck. Do you have a Pokemon with False Swipe? Just False Swipe it, put it to sleep, and keep chuckin' the Ultra Balls.

Besides that, it's all really just luck.

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
  • Its primarily luck. Of all those birds, I think Articuno is the easiest to catch. One tip- buy a lot more Ultra Balls. 10 is almost never going to cut it vs. a legendary pokemon. I'd say bring like 30-40 to be safe. If you need more cash, use the Vs. Seeker, which is the the Vermillion City Poke Center.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Articuno is the easiest to catch in my opinion you could wait till after the E4 and by timer balls but you don't need to just use lots of ultra balls and try and put it to sleep I caught in a poke ball once when it was asleep :)

Midnight Jog

Poké-Baller!
    Years
  • Thanks, Guys! I was broke from buying that stupid Scyther that turned out to be a female... I hate female Pokemon, unless I'm breeding. I just keep and all guy team. haha. But, I do need more munnies, so I'll use my Vs. Seeker. Once again, Thanks guys!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • And now that that's done, please use the simple Q&A next time.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back