• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what do YOU do to telemarketers? (be creative!)

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I've discovered that answering all their questions with magic 8 ball answers drives them insane, for example:

"HI! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY FUJITSU AIR CONDIIONING FOR THE LOW, LOW PRICE OF $130 DOLLARS?"
    "Better not tell you now."

"UHHH..UM..CAN I INTEREST YOU IN ONE OF OUR OTHER PRODUCTS?"
    "As I see it, yes."

And so forth. I can keep a conversation for ten minutes, going round and round in circles until the telemarketer hangs up.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I've discovered that answering all their questions with magic 8 ball answers drives them insane, for example:

"HI! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY FUJITSU AIR CONDIIONING FOR THE LOW, LOW PRICE OF $130 DOLLARS?"
    "Better not tell you now."

"UHHH..UM..CAN I INTEREST YOU IN ONE OF OUR OTHER PRODUCTS?"
    "As I see it, yes."

And so forth. I can keep a conversation for ten minutes, going round and round in circles until the telemarketer hangs up.

Hey, that's what I do! =D

reyzn

Years
  • I just hang up.. I don't have the patience to wait for them to finish their speech.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • 1. Talk like a 3-year old. 2. Yell "some people eat bugs!" and hang up. 3. "HAY GUUUURLLLL"

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • I just answer and put the phone down, letting them talk until they realize I'm not listening and hang up.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I just answer and put the phone down, letting them talk until they realize I'm not listening and hang up.

I would actually do that if my minutes weren't limited.

I usually act like I'm interested and hang up when they think they've got a sale.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The whole "Start singing 80's songs really off-key" trick is surprisingly effective.

Barring that, I have a small chalkboard by my phone, which I can scratch with my fingernails....

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • I don't get calls from them, but if I did, I'd act interested.
    I'd ask all kinds of questions like, "Really? It's that cheap?"
    And then at the end I'd be like, "No, sorry, not interested."

Years
  • Most of the time, they hang up before I reach the phone, which is odd.

But when I do get to talk to them, I try to sell them something, which is quite fun.
    I usually try to sell them either telephone insurance or a Soviet Union travel guide, neither of which have any practical uses. xD

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • My friedn came up with a bunch of scenarios but I thought the msot memorable one was.

"HELLO, WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN X PRODUCT?"
    "Sorry, the only person who would be interested in that product is currently beign eaten by a bear *hang up*"

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I have a little music player by the phone, and when they ask "Is Mr X there?" I say, "Hold on a minute" and start playing the music until they decide to hang up. Occasionally, I put in a little "Please hold the line. Your call will be taken soon." before resuming the music.

If I'm tired, though, I just say "NO!" and hang up.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Example of a convo I have had. XD

Telemarketer: "Hello, would you be interested in-"
    Me."Hi, You've reached Pizza Business. May I take your order?"
    Telemarketer: "-A new T2- Vacuum cleaner?"
    Me: "So you want the Janitor's Pizza. Right. Want soda with that?"

Back