• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An error occured, please try again later.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    That's what Youtube has been saying lately and for no apparent reason when I try to watch any videos on it... Obviously due to my browser, Opera v9, it works on my others but this is the only one I really like. I haven't changed anything about the program myself.

I can only guess they're in the middle of doing something... But still, anyone have any ideas besides 'get Firefox'?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I must never to go against my moral of not updating browsers, again...

Does work in 10 but I can't stand 10; when a company gets to the point of entirely removing the File Edit etc bar from their browser I die inside (edit: worked this out but I'm still discontented). Gone back to v9, I managed to lose my favourites in the grand process too, although that's not so bad. I'll just content myself with IE6 (another browser IMO ruined by updates :D) until some point that something good happens...

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I must never to go against my moral of not updating browsers, again...

Does work in 10 but I can't stand 10; when a company gets to the point of entirely removing the File Edit etc bar from their browser I die inside. Gone back to v9, I managed to lose my favourites in the grand process too, although that's not so bad. I'll just content myself with IE6 (another browser IMO ruined by updates :D) until some point that something good happens...
    IE6? Really? It's one of the worst browsers you could possibly use. At the very least, use Firefox with an IE6 theme.

IE6 is being phased out for a reason: it's almost a decade old, it's broken, insecure, lacking in functionality, and breaks compatibility by failing to implement basic HTML functionality. The interface in IE8 is just as good as IE6's (it adds the menu bar back in), and it's HTML compliant, secure, and fully featured.

twocows

Years
  • You can actually get the menu bar to show up in IE7, but I don't remember how, since I only use that at work when I'm on some box that doesn't have Firefox.
    In IE7, you press the alt button, I believe. I found that to be an annoying behavior, and I was glad they just made a permanent address bar in IE8.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    I still don't remember how I got it to permanently stay, unless that's our scripting at work that does that.

After pressing Alt, you can go to View > Toolbars and tick the Menu Bar option.

...or you can right-click at the top and click "Menu Bar"

Or even that. Luckily, given a problem, sometimes there are multiple solutions. Heck, you could even go as far as messing around with the registry editor :D

Last edited:

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    They seem to have fixed it now I been nagging them all day on Twitter because I was using Firefox 3.62. Awww well at least I now have Chrome as well now :)

twocows

Years
  • I meant that if you didn't do that, it comes up and changes the page layout if you accidentally bump alt.

Back