The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:21 PM
dragonite trainer
Retro Gamer

Nature: Naughty
I think I am done with this hack. I let it sit too long and don't have the motivation for it right now. I am going to let anyone who wants to use my story or my patches or anything else you want, and while I will politely ask for being credited, but you don't need to credit me if you don't want to. If you do anything with it, please message me (not so i can tell you not to, but because I am eager to see what clever things other people do). I would at least like to see this complete, as I think it has potential, but school leaves less time for stuff like this now, and I am interested in hacking NES roms at the moment anyway. Maybe someday I will work on this some more, but for now, I am putting all the stuff I did in public domain.

MAJOR UPDATE! SEE MY SITE FOR DETAILS!
CALLING ALL TRAINERS...

Congratulations!
You have turned 18, and now can turn from a Pokémon Trainer to a Team Rocket Grunt!

...That's right! How would you like to join TEAM ROCKET? You'll have to give up your old Pokémon, but you'll get a better replacement!

We've drugged your mother so you can stay with her for for a few days. Giovanni is out setting up the Radio experiment for Lake of Rage.
He thinks that all of the Magikarp will evolve into Gyrados.
... Anyway, Giovanni will be somewhere around Pallet town soon. You will get your new Pokémon then. Enjoy your stay!

Introducing...
Hello!
I'm here with a hack of Pokémon FireRed called Pokémon: Team Rocket edition, or Blasting Off Edition. I'm here to make a Pokémon hack that plays all the way through Team Rocket's success in Hoenn (Sounds new? It should. It's my idea!) You are already familiar with their adventures in Kanto and Jhoto, but I always wanted them in Hoenn. So here's what I want to happen after you play through Jhoto:
  • Teams Magma and Aqua have been defeated, but the older Team Rocket has completely recovered from the Jhoto incident and is stronger than ever.
  • Team Rocket takes over Hoenn's Battle Frontier, stealing Pokémon from the world's best trainers.
  • Team Rocket slowly advances to Rustboro to take over Devon, as it is now an even bigger corporation than Silph.
  • You have risen to the rank of Executive, and as Team Rocket's most powerful weapon, have a double battle against Chris and Red. Your fellow officer that you met in pallet town takes on Landon and Steven.
  • If you win or lose determines the fate of Team Rocket.
That sounds good? Then I'll need help. I can do the basics, but if you want to do scripting, beta testing, or anything else, I'm ready to accept help.

Here are some pics n(Things have changed since I posted these

If you have things you want changed, join my hacking team at my website.

Anyway, you can download it at my web site:
http://teamrocketpokemon.webs.com/

Banners:

Bye!

Hacks I support:

Why were spoilers banned from sigs? they weren't hurting anyone.
I have worked on team rocket version a bit, but i made it so unstable that I will have to restart from scratch - hopefully I am now competent enough to do it right. (2014-01-25)

Last edited by dragonite trainer; February 7th, 2014 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Update to my game
Old April 27th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Anthony99
Beginning Trainer

I like it. It's a start. I think you are aware of the bugs that exist. Like the sprites etc, and the gengar from the girl, unless that's suppose to happen I don't see any team rocket hacks.

Last edited by Anthony99; April 27th, 2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old April 27th, 2010, 02:15 PM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
guess i'll review this

story/scripting
story is ok...but as for scripting all i've found are a few minor text edits. i remember giavonni walking through mountains and houses too.

mapping
your mapping is absolutely terrible. all it is is kanto filled with mountains, square puddles, and tile errors.

graphics
only one change graphiclly which was the backsprite, which had no shading and an outline brighter than the uniform.

0/10
sorry, but i'd rather play sinnoh quest than this.
Old April 27th, 2010, 03:31 PM
zein
Jorge Ben Jor.

Nature: Relaxed
So...now is popular to do pokemon hack roms hmm...is originaly but i dont like much the idea.

Your hack is not awesome but not is bad,is a normal hack,hope to see some new screenies.

||||
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:09 PM
dragonite trainer
Retro Gamer

Quote:
story/scripting
story is ok...but as for scripting all i've found are a few minor text edits. i remember giavonni walking through mountains and houses too.

mapping
your mapping is absolutely terrible. all it is is kanto filled with mountains, square puddles, and tile errors.

graphics
only one change graphiclly which was the backsprite, which had no shading and an outline brighter than the uniform.

0/10
sorry, but i'd rather play sinnoh quest than this.
Yeah. At this point, I can' blame you. I'm trying to assemble a team to help me. I've just found a new scripter that I fell comfortable using called PKSV. Now you'll start seeing a bit more progress.
Now that I have a scripter, I can make giovanni go around and stuff. Thanks for reminding me and helping me see my problems.

If you want to join my hack team and put in your ideas, visit my website.

Hacks I support:

I have worked on team rocket version a bit, but i made it so unstable that I will have to restart from scratch - hopefully I am now competent enough to do it right. (2014-01-25)

Last edited by dragonite trainer; April 29th, 2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:58 PM
mustafa505
Developer

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mustafa505 Send a message via Yahoo to mustafa505
Nice game and funny that ash ketchum in team rocket agent lol i gonna use my hack tools to change its starter hehe where is APS Patching thingy on pokeocmmunity its not there

My GPX Page: GPX - User Page
Mustafa505

XD
My (H)acks:
Pokemon Chronicles
PC Page:

The Pokecommunity Mustafa505 - User Page
Projects:

Epic Words From a Mod From PC:
"What I mean by this is,
I'm not strict like MOST people *cough* Admins/Mods *cough* on this site.
And no not all Admins/Mods are like that,
but MOST are,
Post this in your sign.
if you are PC Viruse free!"

Last edited by mustafa505; April 29th, 2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafa505 View Post
Nice game and funny that ash ketchum in team rocket agent lol i gonna use my hack tools to change its starter hehe where is APS Patching thingy on pokeocmmunity its not there
Generally it's not polite to go mess with someone else's hack.

Also you may find it in HackMew's Tools Factory.
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:52 AM
krillian
Beginning Trainer

looks good, there isn't many games or hacks that you play as the bad guy, however in all those games you do something good, what are the good things you are forced to do
Old April 30th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
You may wanna improve your Mapping and your Backsprite.
It's easy to improve your Mapping, it's based in Hoenn, right?
Then, map what Hoenn has! Don't just do a few edits!
Old April 30th, 2010, 01:58 PM
dragonite trainer
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Generally it's not polite to go mess with someone else's hack.
I don't really care if you mess with my hack, but please don't upload it as my game.

Quote:
It's easy to improve your Mapping, it's based in Hoenn, right?
Then, map what Hoenn has! Don't just do a few edits!
Maybe I didn't make this clear enough. I want you to start in Kanto, go through jhoto, and wind up in Hoenn at the end. I am starting to map Hoenn right now, but I'll be working more on things that will come into play closer in the future. And the backsprite requires a new pallette, and I already know that. I need some help changing the pallette in TMA.

Hacks I support:

Old April 30th, 2010, 08:23 PM
CGCoder
Rawr Profile Stalker D:

that's raysie's rocket sprite from romulation you just put a poor looking "R" on the back. please dont steal sprites

Old May 1st, 2010, 04:35 AM
dragonite trainer
Retro Gamer

Quote:
CGCoder said:
that's raysie's rocket sprite from romulation you just put a poor looking "R" on the back. please dont steal sprites
I never stole sprites, and I don't know what Romulation is. I put this in on Tile Molester Alternate during spring break. I didn't even have internet there. Please don't accuse me of stealing sprites. I made this with the preset pallette, as I don't hav enough experience to do it otherwise. I'll send the TMA pic and you can compare it with the other one.

Could you show me the raysie sprite?

Hacks I support:

Old May 1st, 2010, 08:20 AM
Smarties

Nature: Lax
Few years ago there was a Team Rocket hack too. :> and I believe it won Hack of the Year.

Another Team Rocket Hack, huh?, Well as what as I can see it's fine and normal.

The only thing that I don't like is your mapping it seems very empty and not fun to look at. :<

I haven't seen any good script since you just changed the main script's description/text.

It's weird you should state every feature of this game.

Goodluck. :>
Old May 1st, 2010, 01:29 PM
CGCoder
Rawr Profile Stalker D:

alright im sorry i jumped to conclusions but i swear it looks exactly the same but i cant post URLs yet and again im sorry

Old May 2nd, 2010, 06:10 AM
dragonite trainer
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGCoder View Post
alright im sorry i jumped to conclusions but i swear it looks exactly the same but i cant post URLs yet and again im sorry
It's fine.

If you want to post a link, send me a PM or visit my website:
teamrocketpokemon.webs.com
If you want to post a pic, find the url of the image and type it in the insert picture dialog.
The only reason it might look similar would be because I can't change the palette in TMA and the preset had only had one shade of black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarties View Post
Few years ago there was a Team Rocket hack too. :> and I believe it won Hack of the Year.

Another Team Rocket Hack, huh?, Well as what as I can see it's fine and normal.

The only thing that I don't like is your mapping it seems very empty and not fun to look at. :<

I haven't seen any good script since you just changed the main script's description/text.

It's weird you should state every feature of this game.

Goodluck. :>
Yeah I know my mapping needs work, and that's a reason I'm recruiting members to my team to help me. Scripting is anoter job up for grabs. Thanks for the comments.

To everybody out there with ideas:

If you join my website, I'll send you a message with the jobs up for grabs and other info.

Hacks I support:

Last edited by dragonite trainer; May 2nd, 2010 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Merging double post
Old May 2nd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Forbidden1
Combat Arms

apparently, i can get TWO gengars in this game. weird. one by cut and one by the girl.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
The Who?
What is THIS doing in my hat?!

excuse me, but the team rocket-hoenn thing was my idea. I put it in the quick idea thread. Please try to get rid of hoenn/make your own region.

OWNT.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:59 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Who? View Post
excuse me, but the team rocket-hoenn thing was my idea. I put it in the quick idea thread. Please try to get rid of hoenn/make your own region.
You posted that yesterday and this thread is over 10 days old.

-----------------------

Are these screenshots final? The Grammar and the Scripting looks ok for what there is shown, however using the same maps is a bit of a let down - Team Rockets in Oak's Lab for instance. Also the cave map is very very very empty, it would do with being filled up.

Last edited by Magic; May 2nd, 2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:52 AM
dragonite trainer
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden1 View Post
apparently, i can get TWO gengars in this game. weird. one by cut and one by the girl.
You should only be able to get one, and the poke ball is positioned wrong. It's supposed to be behind the trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Who? View Post
Your thread is a day old, and mine is 10. I had the idea first, and even if I didn't, I used creative liscence. Please don't try to get me to give you rights to it.

If you want to, you may still use the idea, but, to be clear, I had it first. I actually thought of it three months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
You posted that yesterday and this thread is over 10 days old.

-----------------------

Are these screenshots final? The Grammar and the Scripting looks ok for what there is shown, however using the same maps is a bit of a let down - Team Rockets in Oak's Lab for instance. Also the cave map is very very very empty, it would do with being filled up.
The shots and the game are not final. I still have TONS of work to do, and will get to redoing my pathetic mapping for a future release. At the moment, my game is in a stage where I have temporary mapping done until I can do a block edit.
And thanks for commenting on my grammar. To those of you who have trouble with it, READ BOOKS. They are a great source for knowledge.
I had to say that. Hope I'm not being offensive to anyone.

Hacks I support:

Last edited by dragonite trainer; February 7th, 2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:35 AM
dragoniteuser
The dragon master

Nature: Jolly
Hey man, how about some updates?! As one dragonite lover to another please don't give up on this hack before you finish it!

Lance
the Dragon master

-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:33 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

The problem with Team Rocket hacks they never get finished

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old May 6th, 2010, 12:00 PM
dragonite trainer
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoniteuser View Post
Hey man, how about some updates?! As one dragonite lover to another please don't give up on this hack before you finish it!
Nice to see another dragonite lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightOfTruth View Post
The problem with Team Rocket hacks they never get finished
Thanks for supporting my hack!

I won't stop working. I just won't release a new version to the public until I get the scripting working and do some more mapping. I will let any one who volunteers to beta test try the 2.0.1 version, but I want real feedback and ideas from them.

Hacks I support:

Old May 8th, 2010, 03:23 AM
dragoniteuser
The dragon master

Nature: Jolly
OK, you need the beta tester, I'm your man! And don't worry I'll give you good feedback!

Lance
the Dragon master

-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon
Old May 8th, 2010, 04:12 AM
personz5

how far have u gotten in this cuz in vermillion city like i go in the pokemon center and theres no way out so now i got 2 start a new game again D:
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:32 AM
dragonite trainer
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoniteuser View Post
OK, you need the beta tester, I'm your man! And don't worry I'll give you good feedback!
Thanks for volunteering! Please join my site, and I'll make you a moderator to access the developer's forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by personz5 View Post
how far have u gotten in this cuz in vermillion city like i go in the pokemon center and theres no way out so now i got 2 start a new game again D:
That happened to me once. I fixed it, though, and so you might just have a bad patch.

Or, as I just discovered, you could have downloaded the pre- patched game. It was a bad patch, and so I removed it.

To everyone that downloaded the Pre- patched game, please re- download it now as a regular patch.

Hacks I support:

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links