The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Advertise here

Old April 26th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Kauai
New Look, New me ~ ;D

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
And just wish everyone could leave everyone as is?

No, seriously, this probably seems like an idiotic discussion thread, but it's a question that's been bothering me for a while. I realize I'm still young, so the use of this word will probably make some older people laugh, but during my [early?] youth I was really zealous about everything from religion, politics to morality. Especially on the internet, though not barred to it. I'd use it as my personal platform for expressing my opinions, debating the 'ignorant fools' and generally just venting what I thought was wrong with all of society, and that if they would just see things my way, -- the skies would open up and everyone would gather round a bonfire to sing kumbaya.
I realize I probably seem overly critical of myself, but I promise it isn't being used as a mechanism to get more posts or something. It's just that for the last few months I've come to the conclusion that arguing with as many people as I have, I don't think I've changed many opinions. The only thing that came of it was raised blood pressure, head aches, and getting mad.

Generally I've just decided that everyone should leave everyone to be. I'm not saying we can't all interact, haha, of course not. But why does everyone always have to discuss the big topics? Why can't people just be happy with others company, wherever it be? Why can't people just chat about light things and grin and laugh?

Ahh ~~ I probably sound like I'm high. [I don't do drugs, thanks] But I've found that refraining from spending hours debating and arguing and getting red faced has made me 100x happier than I've ever been and given me time to actually focus on my friends and life.

I'll shut up now and leave it to all of you to make a discussion out of this.
Old April 26th, 2010, 03:06 PM
RuRuBell
Beeef

I completely agree with you...

I'm a passive person, and I don't like arguements. Often it's just a huge hassle and not really worth it to continue bickering. It's a waste of my time and theirs, and it doesn't really benefit either of us.
If someone wants to agrue with me, normally I either agree with them or keep my mouth shut until it's blown over.
Old April 26th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I see what you're saying. I'm a very confrontational person by nature, so I'm having a harder time than usual keeping my mouth shut in some of the topics made over the past two days. XD

I really do think every one of them is a pathetic trolling attempt, but I"m not too sure. :P

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old April 26th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
I'm actually quite tired. I debated my butt out today, and even though the audience was great, I'm still suffering fatigue.

That sounds really lame, but my brain fried somewhere between 14:00 and 17:00.

I just hate when people are unreasonable, especially unreasonable, ridiculous, self-absorbed, egotistical individuals who are so caught up in themselves, that even if something is wrong, they refuse to admit it.

Thankfully, I haven't met anyone like that today. It's those people, though, that really screw over debates :| Darn trolls.

I want everyone to get along, respect each other, and listen to each other. The chances of that happening are small, though, due to personal experiences, culture, religion, etc. It's a shame.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 26th, 2010, 06:42 PM
General Bravo
Imperial Commander

Nature: Adamant
Yes. Humans as a whole fight over everything. Food, land, politics, sports teams, ideologies, best Pokemon moveset, etc. It's a pain in the ass. Now, me, I'm a fighter. I go until it's futile to continue, or the other party backs down. For instance, here. I've been bashing my head against the wall with people whose logic is so convoluted and twisted that rebuttals are blocked. Now why the hell does it have to be like that? Because of a political debate? If it wasn't for the ultimate chaos that would result, I'd advocate the ending of politics, and then government. But this ain't no utopia.

Heavily opinionated people like me may well be part of the problem but it does take 2 to start a fight.

Old April 26th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Fxcking Tatertots
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Lonely
As much as this may surprise others, I hate fighting as well. It's just that certain behaviors, actions, and opinions that piss me off. :[
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Forever
let it go

Yes, let's end all fighting and let there be love! We will all come together as one. Peace is achievable.
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Jesus oƒ Suburbia
east jesus nowhere?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jesus oƒ Suburbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Yes, let's end all fighting and let there be love! We will all come together as one. Peace is achievable.
God, you are so funny.
If that's true; then I could be the real Jesus.

I don't fight at all; I might try to start one just for one.
But anyways, I like fighting if there's no real dramatic cause behind it.
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Velvex the Øverlørd
The Apparition

Nature: Calm
I almost never get tired of fighting, unless it's with a friend of family member. Call me immature, foolish, whatever, I love the feeling of a good debate or fight.

G/S/C Monotype Challenge: Ghost {The first Ghost type winner!}
Old April 27th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Sneeze
Trainer

Nature: Quirky
There's a difference between fighting and debating, personally I love a good debate, but when it starts to get aggressive and hostile and turns into a fight not so much. If people make a topic that can be discussed they should expect a discussion and not get all annoyed when "trolls" disagree with them. People have different opinions and are keen to express them, especially on the internet where they aren't gonna get punched.

Not until this is invented anyways...

"A clever person solves a problem, a wise person avoids it" ~ Albert Einstein

95% of people on the internet have a statistic in their signature, if you're one of the 5% than don't place this in your signa-- Wait... Damn...
Old April 27th, 2010, 09:44 AM
ILoveDragonite
~~Do the wave~~

Nature: Rash
Happy, good spirited talks are boring...so no.
Old April 27th, 2010, 10:07 AM
ReyRey-Pyon
THREAD KILLER

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to ReyRey-Pyon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ReyRey-Pyon Send a message via Yahoo to ReyRey-Pyon Send a message via Skype™ to ReyRey-Pyon
Yeah. it does get irritating and tiresome sometimes.
Especially with people who you just can't talk to. like they're unreasonable, and don't get it.

But i still like debating, even though i don't get into debates much myself oAo
and reading some of the debates is interesting

We all need to chillax once in a while though. cool off, have a nice hot cup of tea, maybe take a bubble bath. let us all frolick together in a field of daisies. past the rainbow bridge. into the magical forest of happiness. lets all be friends. GROUP HUG Y/Y? /i don't know anymore
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:50 AM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Fighting is inevitable, so the only thing you can do is be prepared.
Old April 27th, 2010, 12:12 PM
hiphiphippo
hip hip hurray!

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to hiphiphippo
i dont argue with people often, only if an insulting comment that isnt meant to be a joke offends me. i'm usually very tolerant, so i dont remember having many arguments except for with my siblings (i love them though :D)

if i see an ignorant comment, i'll be tempted to comment back, but i generally avoid doing so as it may lead to a pointless argument
chances are, someone has or will say my point anyway
Gloom, Ariados, Toxicroak

Old April 27th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
No.

Arguments make things interesting.
Old April 27th, 2010, 03:26 PM
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
Fighting is inevitable, so the only thing you can do is be prepared.
A little cynical, don't you think? Though I do agree with the inevitability part, which is the cynical part, I think people should really try to resist confrontations that won't help either side, but set them up for future confrontation. Now if the world could eliminate those...

Old April 27th, 2010, 03:37 PM
dc_united
Josh Wicks doesn't like you

Nature: Adamant
According to Ford Prefect, 'Humans keep exercising their mouths because if they shut them, their brains start working.' And I find that people who can't shut their mouths cause most of the world's problems. So if everyone decided to shut the hell up for a while, 'small' conflict would probably drop drastically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvo819 View Post
i saw a hypno once called "bootysweat"

i lol'ed and traded for it, because it was too funny to not trade for
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here