• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Type Combos you want to see?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
  • There are dozens upon dozens of new type combos they could add, which would add more strategy to the game. I am hoping it is not like the previous generations where they just added more of the same type combos over and over.

I would like that at some point in time there were at least 4 fully evolved pokemon with the same type combos. That way the meta game is more based on stats and moves than it is typing.

I am hoping for a Fire/Grass and a Fire/Water type. I also want a Grass/Steel. It seems like they added mostly steel last gen.

I am tired of Fire/Fighting starters. It is really angering me, and if Pokabu turns out to do that again I will be enraged.

Which type combos do you want to see? Which type combos are you tired of?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Fire/ghost and bug/dark came up when I was talking to my buddy earlier today for sheer creativity of concept. I'd also like to see a bulky Ice/Rock...it could be a good support pokemon in both Hail teams and Sandstorm teams. :D

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Fire/ghost and bug/dark came up when I was talking to my buddy earlier today for sheer creativity of concept. I'd also like to see a bulky Ice/Rock...it could be a good support pokemon in both Hail teams and Sandstorm teams. :D

This would be extremely evil, but I would probably use it to my advantage if it were to happen. heh heh

Redrup

The Gentleman
    Years
  • Electric/Fire/Ice Pokémon

Zapmolticuno.

Moves:
    Zap Cannon
    Blizzard
    Fire Blast
    Tri-Attack

Just to be clear, this is something I don't want to see, along with any triple-typing.

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
  • I think a Dragon/Fire type, since dragons do infact breathe fire (most of the time) and there are none. Psychic/Ghost type? That would be interesting....

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years
  • Bug/Dark sounds interesting.
    Poison/Dark
    Ice/Rock is cool too.
    Dark/Fire - Jack-O-Lanturn type pokemon.
    I think Bug should really range out, and Poison too. Mainly hoping to see the new Poison Pokes! So Poison with anythind :D Poison/Fire is something i always thought of.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    More Electric/Flying. Only one I can think of is Zapdos, and I refuse to use him because he's a legendary.

Others would be the following:
    Ice/Rock
    Ghost/Psychic
    Bug/Fire
    Water/Fire
    Grass/Electric
    Etc etc. There are many type combos that they have yet to do, and I do hope that they'll show at least some new ones in this new generation.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Bug/Dark sounds interesting.
    Poison/Dark
    Ice/Rock is cool too.
    Dark/Fire - Jack-O-Lanturn type pokemon.
    I think Bug should really range out, and Poison too. Mainly hoping to see the new Poison Pokes! So Poison with anythind :D Poison/Fire is something i always thought of.
    They already have Poison/Dark with Drapion, and Fire/Dark is Houndour/doom.
    I would love to see weird types like Fire/Water or Fire/Grass where one is super effective on the other. Psychic/Dark, Ground/Electric, etc.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    rock/flying, poison/fire, water/flying. poison/steak, dark/flying, ice/ghost, ice/dark, fire/rock, electric/ground, steel/psychic, dark/flying, thats all i can think of now and i know some have been stated but deal with it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • rock/flying, poison/fire, water/flying. poison/steak, dark/flying, ice/ghost, ice/dark, fire/rock, electric/ground, steel/psychic, dark/flying, thats all i can think of now and i know some have been stated but deal with it.

...most of those already exist. :P
    rock/flying = Aerodactyl
    water/flying = Gyarados, Mantine, Wingull, Pelipper, and Mantyke
    dark/flying = Murkrow and Honchkrow
    ice/ghost = Froslass
    ice/dark = Sneasel and Weavile
    fire/rock = Magcargo
    steel/psychic = Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Bronzor, and Bronzong

Although, I wouldn't be opposed to poison/fire (a cigarette pokemon? :o) or and electric/ground...

also, poison/steak...salmonella pokemon? XD

Years
  • i think a cool type combo would be dragon/fire, which makes sense. *cough Charizard* dragons breathe fire.

or maybe a grass/ghost. like dead plants haha

but an ice/rock poke would be just downright filthy. immune to hail and sandstorm. it would be even more OU'd than garchomp or B-punch scizor

actually what i want to see (but will never happen) is for some pokemon have their types tweaked a bit, like magnemite in gen II. Dragon/water gyarados FTW

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
    Years
  • Dark/Fighting pokemon would be cool, and very likely.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Fire/Electric. :3;

Best type combo. I have my reasons.

Also opposing type combos are very unlikely.

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
    Years
  • i was thinking zoroark may be dark/fighting since it resembles lucario so much

Yeah you're probably right, its black likely meaning dark type, and it has a ponytail likely meaning fighting type.
    *hi-five bro.*

EDIT: also a grass/water type, like venustoise, or a seaweed pokemon haha

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
    Years
  • Zoroark looks Like a Dark/Fire to me :? And they already said he'd be just dark

I'd like to see a Normal/Water or Normal/Ghost. Wacky.

Back