• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sonic Colors

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
4639658251_54f56822ec.png

Sega of America Blog: said:
We're excited to announce a brand-new game for Sonic the Hedgehog! Sonic Colors is a high speed action-adventure in which Sonic races through theme park-inspired worlds to rescue a colorful alien race from the clutches of Dr. Eggman. An extraordinary amusement park has been seen orbiting around the home planet of Sonic the Hedgehog, and rumors are spreading that an alien race of Wisps, who have a unique colorful energy, are being held captive there by the evil Dr. Eggman. Soon after arriving at the amusement park, Sonic discovers he is able to use these mysterious alien forces to help the Wisps escape!

Sonic Colors will be available on the Wii and the Nintendo DS around holiday 2010. Sonic Colors for the Wii seamlessly combines both 3D and classic 2D game play perspectives, while the Nintendo DS version takes full advantage of the console's dual screen.

Sonic Colors sees Sonic accelerating to adrenaline-pumping super speeds and blasting through obstacles in ways never before seen in a Sonic game. The alien Wisps featured in the game each have a unique "Color Power" that, once freed, Sonic is able to absorb while speeding through the various theme park inspired planets. The Wisp energy enables Sonic to create new paths through the stages by drilling through the ground (Yellow Drill) for example, or speeding through the stage as a laser (Cyan Laser). Stringing the Wisp power-ups together creates a combo that increases Sonic's boost gauge even more quickly. Exclusive Wisp power-ups will be available for both Wii and the Nintendo DS versions, ensuring a unique and super speedy gameplay experience for Sonic fans everywhere.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/05/26/introducing-sonic-colors/

Surprise surprise, yet ANOTHER Sonic game is announced. Ironically, Sonic and the Black Knight was announced around the same time last year, so Sega is not going to stop milking this dry cow any time soon.

Sonic Team seems to be riding on the popularity of Super Mario Galaxy here to me, thoughts?

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2010
Sega is ready confident in their ability to screw up on game at a time, so now they're trying two at a time. This is supposed to be a Sonic game. Not a game to teach toddlers that roses are red and violets are blue. Don't fail this one Sega, or I will sue you! But in all seriousnes, if Sonic Team wan't to make a great 3D Sonic..

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
Wow this sounds pretty exciting except the name. I have some high exceptations for this game if the are going to do the 3D to 2D thing like Unleashed. Also, hopefully they encoporate that Hedgehog Engine into this game. Please Sega don't screw this one up up.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
You just HAD to rip off Super Mario Galaxy, didnt you Sega.....

Also, you know that last issue of Nintendo power, how we thought it would be Megaman Universe, well look at this

Stupid f***ing hedgehog, I only care about the other blue VG hero, my beloved megaman! I remember the last time Nintendo Power pulled this thing, it was a picture of a sword in the ground, and they told us that it was Mother 3, Knowing how NOA hates EarthBounds guts, it was obviously a lie to torture the Mother fanbase (DAMN YOU REGGIE, DAMN YOU ALL TO HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), it turned out to be Sonic and the Black Knight (cue Fire Emblem refrence), now they pull a Black Knight on us again, this time on the Megaman fans (I am a Mother fan, and a Megaman fan too!)

Also a lot of people are saying that this is a ripoff of Super Mario Galaxy (And I certainly cannot agree more), It has not been since Brawl has Sonic been in a really great game (even if he was not in it). I can only hope this game will turn the franchise in the right direction, 'cause everything after "Sonic Adventure 2 Battle" was just so damn TERRIBLE, the worst being the Godawful "Sonic Nextgen" in 2006, even though this appears to be a blatant ripoff of Super Mario Galaxy (espeecially since 2 just came out recently), perhaps Sega is trying to compete with it's longtime rival Nintendo again

Last edited:

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
You just HAD to rip off Super Mario Galaxy, didnt you Sega.....

Also, you know that last issue of Nintendo power, how we thought it would be Megaman Universe, well look at this

Stupid f***ing hedgehog, I only care about the other blue VG hero, my beloved megaman! I remember the last time Nintendo Power pulled this thing, it was a picture of a sword in the ground, and they told us that it was Mother 3, Knowing how NOA hates EarthBounds guts, it was obviously a lie to torture the Mother fanbase (DAMN YOU REGGIE, DAMN YOU ALL TO HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), it turned out to be Sonic and the Black Knight (cue Fire Emblem refrence), now they pull a Black Knight on us again, this time on the Megaman fans (I am a Mother fan, and a Megaman fan too!)

Also a lot of people are saying that this is a ripoff of Super Mario Galaxy (And I certainly cannot agree more), It has not been since Brawl has Sonic been in a really great game (even if he was not in it). I can only hope this game will turn the franchise in the right direction, 'cause everything after "Sonic Adventure 2 Battle" was just so damn TERRIBLE, the worst being the Godawful "Sonic Nextgen" in 2006, even though this appears to be a blatant ripoff of Super Mario Galaxy (espeecially since 2 just came out recently), perhaps Sega is trying to compete with it's longtime rival Nintendo again

Heh, I remember the sword thing too. I thought it was an announcement concerning the new Zelda game or something.

I think Sonic Colors is being developed by the same team that did Unleashed, so it'll probably be on the same physics engine too.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I like colors, but I don't really like Sonic. Although I have lots of Sonic games for some reason. We'll have to see what happens.

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
Oh, it says Sonic Team, suckage is assured.

But if the word Dimps is anywhere, non-suckage is assured.

The DS version will probably be a worth successor to the Sonic Rush and Sonic Advance games, but the Wii game sounds like Sonic Unleashed. Although, there are no night stages, so that is a step in the right direction.

Brockoli

The Trainer of 1,000 Truths
Years
Promising Sonic Game

Before you call me a fool let me just say even I doubt its going to be any good. But I read the Nintendo Power article and I think there may be hope for the Hedgehog yet. This one appears ok with its super mario galaxy like power ups (but pretty much no other gimmicks), but I'm not stupid enough to believe that magazine (totally). I'm going to read some reviews before actually buying it. However, I would definitely look into it. If your going to call me an idiot or anything of the sort I don't want to hear it.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2011
I dont think this is going to be a Very good game.
Since almost every Sonic game is bad,this is one probably will be too.

Brockoli

Years
I just said that. Maybe before you guys start criticizing me, maybe you should go out and get the latest issue of nintendo power and read the article. Its on page 50.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
The E3 gameplay makes the game look almost exactly like the Day levels of Sonic Unleashed. The environments are pretty funky and colorful too.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
This game looks pretty really awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Brockoli

Years
I hope colors is just like the daytime levels. The day time levels were awesome! there was one problem with them though. In cool edge day you could get 200 rings, not get hit at all, but you finish the level in 3 minutes and 23 seconds and the game says, "No S Rank for you." It works the same way in all the other day levels too. Hopefully they worked on that.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
Spoiler:

Even if I don't plan on getting this, it does look like a large step in the right direction. Replace Pink here with Tails and I'm game.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
hmm it seems more like the old sonic games, unlike unleasehed/black night/ scret rings (ok..)
i think it might be good although i was never a ffan of sonic. to every one that thinks it bad. try to think of it as... a revamped old game? lol jk.

Back