• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Double Battles

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
Years
  • In the past games there have been double battles.

Ever sense 2003 this has been in all Pokemon games. Then in Emerald we were introduced to the 2 vs 2 (Steven/You vs Magma Leader/Executive) In D/P/Pt they stretched this idea and made locations through out the area that you go through with a partner. There was also a fight where your rival was fighting with you! (Two if you count Dawn)

So, do you think they will re-work this idea into B/W, or do you think it will be as minor as it was in Emerald?

I have a thought that there will be areas where you team up with someone else. Then (if they do this) they can give you there number, and call you for another meet up, and you can go through another area.

Granted this idea of mine is probably no more than something you would find on a wish list, but hey it can happen!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I think it should stay as it is now. I only like double battles when A) I'm battlign with a rival or someone else and all the exp goes to my pokemon, and B) One of my pokemon doesn't hamper the other using an attack that will K.O. it (earthquake, surf, etc.) However, if double battles are going to get fixed then I'd like it if we were able to choose which pokemon all the exp went to. Say you were trying to train a weaker pokemon and did double battles but didn't want half of the exp to go to the other.

And with the animated videos we saw of the pokemon breathing and everything in battle, imagine having 4 pokemon doing that all at once. Distracting much :D.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • They should keep the double rival battle, that was so much fun to do in HGSS. Battling with and against the champion was fun, they should do it more. (maybe team up with a previous champion)

I hope they bring the double gym battle back, like what they did with tate and liza in RSE.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • After the five "stat trainers" from DPPt and their sidequests, I've been wanting an option to drag along a random NPC to help in battle for the rest of the area. It could be a fun mechanic if done right, and could be an interesting step in party building, essentially doubling the amount of pokemon you can carry. :D

Years
  • Double battles should be interesting in these new games, since the battle scenes are more realistic now with the pokemon being animated. I hope to see more double battling, I love them.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Well, the animations would make double battles distracting, but here's a thought. when your picking the move, only the pokemon that you are picking the move to use will be animated. then, when you're picking the opponent to use it on, only the opponent(s) you have the cursor on will move. your partner will move to if the move is earthquake or something. also, I wanna be able to catch wild pokemon in double wild battles.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
  • Well, the animations would make double battles distracting, but here's a thought. when your picking the move, only the pokemon that you are picking the move to use will be animated. then, when you're picking the opponent to use it on, only the opponent(s) you have the cursor on will move. your partner will move to if the move is earthquake or something. also, I wanna be able to catch wild pokemon in double wild battles.
    you can, but you have to make one of them faint to catch the other

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well, the animations would make double battles distracting, but here's a thought. when your picking the move, only the pokemon that you are picking the move to use will be animated. then, when you're picking the opponent to use it on, only the opponent(s) you have the cursor on will move. your partner will move to if the move is earthquake or something. also, I wanna be able to catch wild pokemon in double wild battles.

I like that idea, but does that include say moves like earthquake only hitting the foe's pokemon instead of your own too? I just re-started Emerald a few days back and I was happy to know that my moves only hit one of the pokemon, the one I selected it to hit.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • I hope they bring the double gym battle back, like what they did with tate and liza in RSE.

YES!
    but Expanding on This A Bit... I Hope they let us chose Whether or not we
    want to have a Single or Double Battle with the Gym Leader. (or maybe even MORE options: like 3 on 3, or 6 on 6 for a Better Gym Battle Experience.)
    Kind of Like in the Sinnoh Manga with Lady Berlitz and her Gym Matches. =D

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    IF surf doesnt hurt your partner like in gen3, ill enjoy them again

Example in iron island:
    i was all yay! surf that steelix&onix empoleon
    WTF!!!!!! whyd Quilava get hit T^T that didnt happen in gen3
    totally pissed me off, i mean seriously why cant quilava jump on empeoleon back lol

i could see why earthquake does, but surf? seriously why change that? it was a waste of good resources >.<

im kinda hopin for triple battles where you can take 3on at once
    like a battle royale :D

Back