The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:39 PM
★Symbiosis★
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
So,As the title ask "How do you organize your pokemon boxes?"

No matter what version game it is.

Do you organize them by name,number,type or your very own way?

My self in the Gen 3 i organized them by types one box would be one type,and then if there were 2 typed pokemon i deside which one i thought it fits under.

But when Gen 4 came and wifi i started to think would one box be enought just for one type and with only 18 boxes i didn't want to take the chance so since then i just put them in the box as i collect them,Only box 18 is different because that is were i keep my pokemon i use.

Windows 8.1 64 Bit | 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz) | 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz | 1TB SSD Quad Play RAID 0 (4x256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s) | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 16GB total (2x 8GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled

Pokemon X | Name: Symbiosis | ID No.: 15133 | Pokedex - Seen: 418 - Obtained: 289 | Time: 90:10 | Badges: 8 | Adventure Started On: 8/29/2014 | First Entered Hall of Fame On: 9/7/2014 | Friend Code: 1950 - 9963 - 4759

Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
I used to do it by type, but that took too long, and I would run out of boxes, as gen III didn't provide me with enough. On my storage Diamond, I have them sorted by region. Platinum has fodder Pokemon (Starly, Bidoof) to trade off when I have to breed for different Pokemon for a challenge or something. There's also a box for my competitive Pokemon, a box for legendaries, a box for Pokemon that I just happen to have there, a box for Eggs, and a box for Eevee(lutions). My Emerald is really unorganized. 5 boxes are full of old Pokemon from when I used to use Sapphire for storage and when I swapped my storage to me extra Emerald, I didn't bother trying to sort them.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:04 PM
DraconicDino
Lurker

Nature: Mild
I've been using the type method, but my Water box is already full, so I may have to try a different sorting style...

Current Game Status:
SS: Need to train and challenge Red.
Second File on Plt: Elite Four. How do I think I'll beat the current opponent, Cynthia
, with lv.52s to 55s?

Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:42 PM
AtomicoExploda
I don't know.

Nature: Calm
I never actually organized them in any of the games, so my boxes were always very sloppy but I would never catch many pokémon so I wouldn't have much trouble finding any of them. I only caught and trained pokémon that I liked so I had about three boxes full usually. If I ever do start catching a lot I might try organizing by type or level.

MAL
PC
PB
GFX

Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I didn't start organizing until Pearl, and how I did it there was in order of the National Pokedex. Started off with Venusaur (the only member of the Bulbasaur family I have) and went down the line. Since I was raising them in order of the Pokedex, it made things easy for me to see which evolution lines I still needed to complete.

Spares and duplicates are tossed into my later boxes. Unowns have their own box, where they're set in alphabetical order.

We have to Mega-move it!
Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:22 PM
yaminokaitou
りゅうのマスター

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to yaminokaitou Send a message via Skype™ to yaminokaitou
Mostly by elemental type, though I have separate boxes for Unowns, legendaries, egg/baby/in-training pokemon and my team. I also usually throw my HM slaves in my team box.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:00 PM
Mirby
Former IRC Maid

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to Mirby Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mirby Send a message via Yahoo to Mirby Send a message via Skype™ to Mirby
Generally, I have it by order I catch them, and then Unown sorted alphabetically in the last 2 boxes.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:03 PM
RockHardSemi
Lv 53

I started off all neat and tidy with my boxes.... but now I have Lvl. 100s mixed with Lvl. 2 Pidgeys.

The only remaining 'tidy' boxes are my breeding ones, when I put the 'mother' at the front with its babies. Though one box is now full of Elekids due to trying to get a certain type.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:44 AM
Kelp
<3

Nature: Modest
Everything is random in my boxes. But I do put all my shinies in one box. :3
Old August 23rd, 2010, 06:36 AM
Sewzie
Too sexy for my shirt.

Nature: Quirky
I never really give much thought to organizing them, to be honest. :D
Although, when I do take the time, I arrange them according to their usefulness (meaning, the probability that they could be a backup Pokemon for my current team).

crunch.

Old August 23rd, 2010, 07:52 AM
Ghrimm
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
I didn't start organizing until Pearl, and how I did it there was in order of the National Pokedex. Started off with Venusaur (the only member of the Bulbasaur family I have) and went down the line. Since I was raising them in order of the Pokedex, it made things easy for me to see which evolution lines I still needed to complete.

Spares and duplicates are tossed into my later boxes. Unowns have their own box, where they're set in alphabetical order.
Astinus pretty much summed it up for me.
By Nat. Dex., with a speical box for special Pokes(:
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:07 AM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Well, I used to organize them by type, but recently, I actually haven't been catching pokemon other than my main team, meaning that I currently only use one box and it's only half. (In my Platinum, I also organize my Unknown in their own box, alphabetically.) For you're situation I would, I don't know, organize them by egg group? I haven't tried it but I could imagine it could work...
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:35 AM
alphabetsoup102062
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alphabetsoup102062 Send a message via Skype™ to alphabetsoup102062
As others have said I normally organize mine by the National Pokedex numbers like box 1 would be no.1 to 30 and so on. Then I have a box for the Unowns.

My HeartGold FC: 5070-9955-4287
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:52 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

I have my own system which may not seem like an organized system to anybody

Anyway, I have a box that contains both my play-through team and my "competitive" team. Then I have a breeding box which contains specific-natured Dittos as well as a Flame Body Magmar. Another box contains Pokemon that I've gotten from others that I want to keep. Another box contains Pokemon that were breeding rejects (crap natures/IV's, etc.) that I keep on hand as trading fodder.

Everything else... I just stick in random boxes. Those are truly disorganized.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:06 AM
Happy Azumarill
All society is one big pie

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Happy Azumarill Send a message via Skype™ to Happy Azumarill
i have 3 boxs of the pokemon i am using, then the rest are for the pokemon i catch, or have more of.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:08 AM
TrilbyMenetti
HeartGold trainer

In my young newbie days of R/B/Y and G/S/C, I really wasn't bothered about the order. Then in R/S/E and FR/LG, I did them all by type, but clearly doing it this way fails due to the limiting box sizes. Now in HG/SS, I've left it in order as I've captured them, but will probably go to ordering them via their number in the Pokedex.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

I have boxes like this:

To Train | EV'd | IV'd |Legends | Events | My Team | Box1 onwards.

I use the "my team" box for when I deposit a member and retrieve an HM slave. And Box1 onwards are just pokemon I capture.

I know have them all set in National Pokedex order, with a box labelled "extras" for multiples.

Last edited by Amore; August 23rd, 2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:19 AM
Agent Clank
Bye PC

I organize them by Favorites and Legendaries.
And there are is a special box for Eggs.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:50 AM
xPsychosocial
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to xPsychosocial Send a message via Skype™ to xPsychosocial
I've never really felt the need to organise the boxes, the Pokémon stored in them are usually in the order I caught them in.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:38 PM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

I don't order them, they just fill up from 1 to whatever.
Pokemon I frequently use get put in the last box, again however with no order.
Unown and eggs get the next two boxes down from the last.
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:26 AM
chickenofunity
Confused Chicken

Nature: Bashful
I just use type, but some types get ignored, and go in the 'other' box. I used to have a fave box as well, but I replaced it with 'rare' and that's where I shove my legendaries that I don't use. I also have a box called 'Eggs', that's filled with eggs... most of which I don't know what they are. Plus a box labelled 'Trading' for pokes I'm gonna trade.

Please click my hatchlings and eggs!
http://dragcave.net/user/littleangelamy22

Spoiler:

Will be starting soon:

Avvie credit to Noka!! ♥
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:39 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
I once tried doing that. I arranged all my pokemon on the basis of their type, but later on when i caught and traded more and more pokemon, all the boxes got messed up again. xD So I'm not going to do that ever again.
Old August 24th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Peach Fresca
Underrated Pokémon Fanatic

By importance.

Pokémon I often use go into Box 1,
Pokémon I'm training go in Box 2,
Pokémon I use for breeding go into Box 3,
Pokémon I've finished training for the Pokédex/baby pokémon/eggs/useless pokémon go into Box 4-18(? I think that's the right amount of boxes?)

Oh, it looks like rain tonight. Thank god, 'cause a clear sky just wouldn't feel right...
Old August 24th, 2010, 09:20 AM
§1
Rocket grunt

i do it by types
but some of them have multiple types
like my rock/steel/ground or dragon/flying box

and after a box gets too full like water types, i move some of them based on their second type

3DS FC: 5472-7477-3741
B2 FC: 1464 9330 9652
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:39 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I don't, which eventually becomes annoying later on when I have 10+ boxes full and I'm trying to look for a single pokemon.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here