• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

School Uniforms, Like It?

Do you like School Uniforms?

• Yes

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters

Undertaker the Deadman

Rest... In... Peace...
Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2006
    At my school we have certain clothes we have to wear which I think is STUPID. We have to wear khaki pants or shorts, red white or blue shirts. For girls red white or blue shirts, and khaki skirts. So what do you think about uniforms? Do you like uniforms or not?

GVG

Years
  • When I think about it I do like uniforms cause we recently started wearing them. we've got to get used to a uniform u know? u can't go to work in your everyday clothing so I think it's good to have uniforms. They make the ones who look good stand out even more since everyone's dressed in the same clothes. They have disadvantages as well but I still like them

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I actually do like school uniforms, especially the sailor suits like they wear in Japan. They're so cute! ^_^ I wouldn't mind wearing them if I went to public school. I think that they help the students to focus on their work more, and they take away some of the peer pressure that a lot of people face because they're trying to look as good as someone else. And when the people are able to wear whatever they want, it can sometimes kind of distract them from what they're supposed to be paying attention to.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • Uh-uh! Mari does not like wearing school uniforms! XP

I don't really mind wearing school uniforms, if they consists of shorts or pants since I really pay no heed to whatever my article of clothing is. I just don't like wearing skirts or dresses. Sure, they look kind of cute, especially those kinds Kay-chan stated. But it really makes me uncomfortable. ^-^;;

LelandLancaster

Sexy Cupcake
    Years
  • I personally don't have to wear uniforms, but I've heard good points about them from relatives. It seems like a simple and nice idea.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    At the last school I was in we had to war them. I liked them, they were kinda like the Japanese school uniforms of Kyoto. I still have mine XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm in a uniform school. ^_^;; At first, when I moved to Toronto and started attending a Catholic school with a uniformed dress code, I hated it. =\ Oddly enough, what changed my opinion was writing an essay against the uniform. XD All the evidence I had to debate against converted me, lol.

I guess the thing I like best about it is how I wake up in the morning and I don't have to worry about how my clothes look, whether they match, etc. I just get up, put my uniform on, and I go. It saves a TON of time in the morning... time that I put toward sleeping. ~_^ Secondly, it's just so much easier at school. Everyone is wearing the same thing, so you can't get made fun of for wearing cheaper or different clothes from everyone else. We do sometimes have "Civies" days, in which we wear whatever we want, though. Coincidentally enough, tomorrow happens to be one of those days. ^_^;;

My uniform is okay. Girls wear black pants, a white polo t-shirt, and a pullover. Guys are the same. I think a black turtleneck is part of the uniform too. o_O Up until this year, we were only allowed to wear dress shoes, which was incredibly annoying for walking up 3 flights of stairs all the time, but this year they changed it so we can weird running shoes. Mine have velcro! XD

Last edited:

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Lightning said:

I guess the thing I like best about it is how I wake up in the morning and I don't have to worry about how my clothes look, whether they match, etc. I just get up, put my uniform on, and I go. It saves a TON of time in the morning... time that I put toward sleeping.

Thats the upside of wearing them, Seeing how I'm lazy about my time management, I'm always late to my first class every mourning and its due to finding proper clothes to wear XD. But other then that, I can't stand to be dressed formaly and in a tie all day.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My school apparently abused the ties (o_O??), so it's not part of the dress code anymore. XD;;

The uniforms are actually pretty comfy. ^_^; It's kind of annoying at first, but then you realize the benefits outweigh the whole... fashion thing. o_O It makes people resort to expressing their individuality through their personality instead of through the things they wear. ^^;

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    dress code, but very vague...i think i like it better this way...

Flygon_Zero

Bow to the Smex Kittie
    Years
  • We had to, supposedly, wear uniforms at middle school. Watch how I said " Supposebdly" as no one wore them, and the security did nothing about it. After about a quarter into the year, they realized it best just to enforce dress code. From then on, anyone who broke dresscode was forced to wear a lime green shirt-provided by parents-that said, " TOMORROW I WILL DRESS FOR SUCCESS!:

CHeesy huh?

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
  • I've never had to wear a uniform but I don't think I'd do well in one << I can zee where you'd think it'z a good thing with conzerving time and preventing people from being judged bazed on their clothz but there are zolutionz to both. If you really don't have five minutez in the morning to chooze your clothz you could alwayz juzt pick them before you go to bed. Az for popularity bazed on clothing, I don't know how your zchoolz are but the majority of "popular" people prefer to wear regular t-zhirtz. Zure, zome people wear preppy clothz, in fact, many people do, but not every day. There'z one guy who wearz the oddezt t-zhirtz I've ever zeen, but he'z zo friendly to everyone that he'z really popular.
    I zuppoze I juzt really don't like to think about parting with my favorite jacket ;_;

Suzu

~&#9829;~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    No. all the schools in my parish have had to wear uniforms since I was in 2nd grade, public and privet. what I'd give to just have a dress code XD

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • ^ Well, you are a flirty one, aren't you?

Um, well the material you have to use at our school is hot and thick, and really not suited to the Australian climate. (And i don't live up in the snowy areas.)

Uniforms can be ugly or nice, but I sorta like them. Otherwise, ppl would be pressurised to wear cool stuff, and get picked on for dress style, etc. Besides, it makes everyone belong.

But meh, a dress code would be nice. *imagines blue dress code and nice blue clothes but alas never gonna happen*

Back