• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I downloaded, I tried to edited on my RPXP but it sayed something about wrong version.
    When I tried to try the game out, it said that one component was missing, but it was a component that was already but just one digit diferent.

Maybe reinstall the program? RTP as well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Wiz was just frustrated because you flat out answered for CNG. and bases is nothing like 8 Pokemon; Bases have actually appeared in the series before.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    I downloaded, I tried to edited on my RPXP but it sayed something about wrong version.
    When I tried to try the game out, it said that one component was missing, but it was a component that was already but just one digit diferent.

I think you need to re-load the tileset. Because that is an error that popped up when I first downloaded as well. Just go to tools>database> and reset the tiles.

HeliowaltonAU; said:
    The same category is "do it yourself", not stuff that's never been done before.

You are making completely invalid arguements? In't this whole kit going against the "do it yourself" mentality? From reading through these posts you would realize that CNG is more than open to suggestions. If he doesn't think it's necessary he will tell us. Until then You Need To Stop Answering. Kthnxbai

For the record; the sounds are included.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2012
    I'm Nuke, not Wiz XD

Anyway...nah I'm not mad, frustrated, or upset. Just Helio needed to stop answering in CNG's place.

Glad to see you back me up, ImTheMovie, lol.

Years
  • CNG isn't doing every little thing. He won't make Pokemon Contests, increase maximum Pokemon and stuff like that, he's making a new Pokemon Essentials, which still requires you to do stuff yourself. He won't be making a whole bunch of minigames, just a lot of HGSS functions. If CNG put every past and present add-on non-mainstream function then people wouldn't have to do anything for their games and that would be incredibaly lame.

He could make slots, frontier, underground, voltorb flip, contests, etcetera and sure it would be cool, but it would also make every single fangame the exact same and have nothing special about it. I would rather see loads of people make their own unique system and function - how many people would bother if it was already done for you? It's like cheating in a school exam.

Rizzy

// Friendship >> Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    CNG isn't doing every little thing. He won't make Pokemon Contests, increase maximum Pokemon and stuff like that, he's making a new Pokemon Essentials, which still requires you to do stuff yourself. He won't be making a whole bunch of minigames, just a lot of HGSS functions. If CNG put every past and present add-on non-mainstream function then people wouldn't have to do anything for their games and that would be incredibaly lame.

He could make slots, frontier, underground, voltorb flip, contests, etcetera and sure it would be cool, but it would also make every single fangame the exact same and have nothing special about it. I would rather see loads of people make their own unique system and function - how many people would bother if it was already done for you? It's like cheating in a school exam.

But that is the whole purpose of a Starter Kit innit?

I mean, is about making it the "easier" to the new guys. Besides If you could make it easier to everybody, then they will have more of a challenge trying to make it more "unique" each game.

Of course if the guy that makes the Kit does not have the time to add little stuff and still has to update some major stuff (like the battle system or I dont know), then there is no need to.
    But if he can and is just not gonna do it because he does not want to people to have it easier, then it's weird.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2012
    Hey Helio.

Stop stretching everything. Stop making yourself look like an idiot. Stop annoying everyone in the topic. Stop answering in CNG's place. Stop making lame comparisons. Stop arguing.

Slots were in the series, and Voltorb Flip was in HGSS.

Contests are quite the large addition though. Not like a little extra but a big deal.

Frontier changes depending on facility so it wouldn't be easily included.

Not every fangame would be the same; different plots, fakemon/fanpokemon, etc. would go into each. They would still be unique, even if your extreme scenario came to occur.

Also I agree with Rizzy.

Years
  • If you cheat in an exam you won't learn much. The Starter Kit should be considered a cheat sheet (information to help you get the answer). It's a STARTER Kit which means it will help you get started, if it had everything it would be a Full Kit.

And Wiz, I am not answering for CNG, I'm giving my thoughts in response to your thoughts.

Edit: You're the one who decided to be an annoying sarcastic arse, if you don't want me to respond to you then don't post back. You're the one annoying the hell out of me, starting with your sarcasm in my response to your thought on Underground and Secret Bases.
    It really comes down to me not agreeing with your idea, so you got annoying and decided to try start an argument with me, over the Internet on a Pokemon website, of all places.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    The thing is; you weren't disagreeing. You straight up said it wouldn't be included. Either way, you are in fact annoying everyone. So, please just let it go.

Once CNG gets on, he can put all these questions to rest. Since he is making the kit...

Years
  • Wow, uhhh. I'mma bypass everything i just read, and answer the important stuff :3
    If everyone's ok with that.

Secret Bases

I'd actually really like that in my game, so it may be a feature at some point after the kit is stable. Once it's stable i'll add random little things in.

As for slot machines etc, you can find various slot machine scripts for RMXP around, and the beauty of coding my own kit from scratch, is that most scripts made for RMXP work in my kit (Except for scripts that change how actors behave, and battle systems).

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Was messing around with your kit (the copy I have from the last update available) and I noticed if you click the trainer card you can't exit it. I literally pressed every key and the x key several times. Just letting you know so you can fix it if you haven't already. Looking forward to the next release. The touch screen is actually starting to appeal to me more and more...

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2012
    "Grow up"

I like how three people all agreed you should stop talking earlier and all you did was call me names, then you tell me to grow up. GOOD WORK!

Anyway, back on topic...

Anyone want to guess when the stable version will be out?

I guess between April and June. Possibly earlier though since LOL EPIC PROGRESS.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • 1 thing out of like 4 things I said I didn't think would be added.
    See this is why that spam started, because you're being an arse like that.

Grow up, kthx and bye.

"Grow up"

I like how three people all agreed you should stop talking earlier and all you did was call me names, then you tell me to grow up. GOOD WORK!

Anyway, back on topic...

Anyone want to guess when the stable version will be out?

I guess between April and June. Possibly earlier though since LOL EPIC PROGRESS.

Guy's just shut up, it's not your starter kit so if you don't mind go and argue through Pm's and Vm's and not spam up this thread as eventually it's going to get locked because of you two.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back