• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Member councils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm hoping too develop PC bigger but, How about we have website councillers? 120 of 'Em and one President (Website founder) And then, Others come too us then we try too make affordable changes? E.G, A FB group? Its a little Far-fetched but it could work, All I'm saying is PC IS the biggest Pokemon forum so lets make it bigger and better!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
120? Waaay too high, plus, I think we already have enough usergroups as it is. Though, in the past, there used to be PC President, which was just a title, rather than actually having the role of the president (though you got coloured name, and bigger PM box).

Though really, any suggestions you have towards PC can just go in this section, while most of the other changes are discussed by different ranks of staff, so having a group for coming up with changes won't really work out - because a, they need to be approved by upper staff and b, those who aren't included would feel left out.

Oh and PC isn't the largest Pokemon forum, last I checked, Serebii was (or maybe that's changed, idk, but PC isn't the largest).

Years
LOL.
That is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

Why bother? That is just more pointless positions that are to be made. There is already staff in place to 'make this place better and maintain it.'

Having a FB group is pointless, because what can you do with it? Nothing that can't be done on the forum ten times better.

Years
Yeah but this Forum can be better, Well, You might not like it + Fabio, I can't help but feel you was a serial spammer who stalked me on ACC

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
...what would be their purpose, exactly? XD

Because, uh, that pretty much sounds like... getting 120 people to do the work the curret higher staff (smods + admins) do right now. Except doing anything would take 10 times longer (since we'd need 61 votes instead of 7), and just choosing those members would take really long and good results aren't really expected (a troll could get very well elected and start sabotaging everything).

If your idea is making them a consultive group that can send suggestions to us, anybody can already do that in this board- and if we would stay there deciding what gets approved and what isn't, there wouldn't be any changes from the current situation.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm hoping too develop PC bigger but, How about we have website councillers? 120 of 'Em and one President (Website founder) And then, Others come too us then we try too make affordable changes? E.G, A FB group? Its a little Far-fetched but it could work, All I'm saying is PC IS the biggest Pokemon forum so lets make it bigger and better!

Eh? Website councillers? And wow, 120 of them?! O.o

OK, well you probably don't realize that PokéCommunity is not a buisness, it's known as a forum for anyone that wishes to come here. It is indeed a Pokémon fan forum. ^^

And as for a Facebook group for PokéCommunity, well maybe one might get created in the future. After all, there's no telling what could happen in the future. ;)

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
..(a troll could get very well elected and start sabotaging everything).

On PC? Surely not!!!!!

Promethius I am sorry but PC is not a democracy and would never work as one :(

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
you can't I'm afraid you need one of the mighty mods to do it for you, I have two posts in this thread so chances are one is waiting to anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back