Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old March 26th, 2012 (02:32 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Artemicion:
i have a question about EV training

for example i want to train a pokemon to have 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe
starting with a lvl1 jolly pokemon and killing Patrats (+1 atk EV yield)
does this mean i have to kill 252 Patrats (w/o Macho Brace or Power Bracer)?
126 with Macho Brace, or 50 with Power Bracer?

but lets say i give it 10 Proteins (thats 100 EV, right?) so i must kill 152/76/30 Patrats (no item/macho brace/power bracer) to reach the 252Atk?

and is there a way to check the EV's?
You can't check the EVs in the game itself; you'll have to keep track of them yourself. However, there's a girl in Opelucid who'll tell you if your Pokemon is fully EV trained.

And, your above calculations are correct. I'd also say that the Power Bracer is more effective than the Macho Brace if you're EV training in Attack.

Old March 26th, 2012 (02:43 AM).

Nature: Lonely
i dont have items from the Subway yet
dont even have a decent team for Single Battles

and can i reset the EV's with the DW berries? 10 EV's like vitamins?
for example reducing my Scrafty's SpA/Def/etc... to 0 and EV train Atk and Spe with vitamins/wings/battles?

Platinum FC: 0003 8568 4922
Heartgold FC: 3525 7235 4391
Black FC: 1249 3888 2710
Old March 27th, 2012 (11:04 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Artemicion:
and can i reset the EV's with the DW berries? 10 EV's like vitamins?
Yes you can and it's -10 just like you said.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 29th, 2012 (07:50 AM).

If i wanted my skarmory to know both roost and whirlwind would I be right in thinking the best way to get it to learn both is to breed it on B/W so it learns whirlwind then trade it back to gen 4 game to teach it roost with a TM and then trade back?

thanks in advance
Old March 29th, 2012 (07:55 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by blenjamin:
If i wanted my skarmory to know both roost and whirlwind would I be right in thinking the best way to get it to learn both is to breed it on B/W so it learns whirlwind then trade it back to gen 4 game to teach it roost with a TM and then trade back?

thanks in advance
Nope, you can't trade it back to generation four. :( Only forward.

In generation four you can get Whirlwind as an egg move, and then teach it Roost in the same game, then trade forward to Black and White and you'll be all good :3 Or leave it on generation four if you want.
Old March 30th, 2012 (01:53 AM).
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I just found out you can ask for AR codes here, so...

I have searched high and low through the intarwebs for an IV/EV check AR code for german Black/White editions. All I can find are english codes that don't seem to work.

My questions: Is there an easy way to modify AR codes to work for games in a different language? And if not, is there a good place for AR codes for german games?

Thanks,
Peter
Old March 31st, 2012 (09:58 AM).
Keeping time time time

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Cathar:
I just found out you can ask for AR codes here, so...

I have searched high and low through the intarwebs for an IV/EV check AR code for german Black/White editions. All I can find are english codes that don't seem to work.

My questions: Is there an easy way to modify AR codes to work for games in a different language? And if not, is there a good place for AR codes for german games?

Thanks,
Peter
There are alternative methods for checking IVs and EVs, the easiest being Pokécheck. I'm fairly certain it works with games of any language.

Old March 31st, 2012 (10:49 AM).
Multiple Breeder

Nature: Gentle
I was going to buy black but google says they have different things about it, could anyone tell me which is better or what is their difference? And how to get shiny event raikou and zoura?
Old March 31st, 2012 (11:24 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by Hugg:
I was going to buy black but google says they have different things about it, could anyone tell me which is better or what is their difference? And how to get shiny event raikou and zoura?
Pokémon Black and White have a few differences.
A list of Pokémon different in each.
A list of different areas.
A list of different battles.
There are also a few other minor things, such as a current wifi event, where you will receive Zekrom in Black and instead Reshiram in White. Which is better is up to opinion, generally choose based on which of the Pokémon you like better. Also Black has a more futuristic and developed theme, while White has a more past and natural theme. You'll need to trade to get the Raikou and Zoura. The shiny Raikou event ended long ago.
Old March 31st, 2012 (08:06 PM).

I have 2 DS, White, and heart gold, but everytime i go to use poke transfer it says error on white and it says cannot use save data on heartgold... can someone tell me why this is happening?
Old April 1st, 2012 (06:15 AM).

Do pokemon with the dream world abilities also have their original abilities?
Old April 2nd, 2012 (12:07 AM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by blenjamin:
Do pokemon with the dream world abilities also have their original abilities?
No, they don't.

Each Pokemon can only have one ability at a time whether they have Hidden Abilities or not.
Old April 2nd, 2012 (12:51 AM). Edited April 2nd, 2012 by Giraffe.
キリンリキ

My Adamant Mudkip has Pokerus, has been fed Proteins, and is holding a Macho Brace - I want to EV train it in Attack: how many Patrats/Lillipups do I have to fight?
Old April 2nd, 2012 (01:25 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Giraffe:
My Adamant Mudkip has Pokerus, has been fed Proteins, and is holding a Macho Brace - I want to EV train it in Attack: how many Patrats/Lillipups do I have to fight?
Has the Mudkip defeated any other Pokémon or been in battle before? How many proteins has it been fed? How much EVs do you want it to end up with?
Old April 2nd, 2012 (01:28 AM).
キリンリキ

Quote originally posted by vaporeon7:
Has the Mudkip defeated any other Pokémon or been in battle before? How many proteins has it been fed? How much EVs do you want it to end up with?
I just hatched it~
Gah, I'm not very good with EV training - I just want it to get the highest attack it can; I also want to EV it in HP, if that's wise? ;A;
I fed it around six proteins, I think.
Old April 2nd, 2012 (01:23 PM).
Natural.....

I've checked through plenty of trash cans throughout the game and end up finding nothing. Where are there items in trash cans?
Old April 2nd, 2012 (01:43 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by TheFuturePokemon:
I've checked through plenty of trash cans throughout the game and end up finding nothing. Where are there items in trash cans?
I know there's an Ultra Ball in one on Liberty Island, but generally all the trash cans are empty.
Old April 3rd, 2012 (05:43 AM).

Hi guys, im having issues with Poketranfer, im using pokemon black(eur) and pokemon soulsilver(usa) i was going to transfer my three legendary dogs and celebi to my pokemon black but this message showed up "no compatible game card is inserted". Why cant it let me transfer my pokemon?
Old April 3rd, 2012 (12:59 PM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by deflow32:
Hi guys, im having issues with Poketranfer, im using pokemon black(eur) and pokemon soulsilver(usa) i was going to transfer my three legendary dogs and celebi to my pokemon black but this message showed up "no compatible game card is inserted". Why cant it let me transfer my pokemon?
I think you might be using a DSi/DSi XL/3DS, which is unfortunately region locked.

If you are using a DS or DS Lite, there will be no issues.

So yeah, it might be region locking that's preventing you from using the Poke Transfer.
Old April 3rd, 2012 (09:07 PM).

Quote originally posted by Hikari10:
I think you might be using a DSi/DSi XL/3DS, which is unfortunately region locked.

If you are using a DS or DS Lite, there will be no issues.

So yeah, it might be region locking that's preventing you from using the Poke Transfer.
i am using DS lite. can u trade from usa region cartridge to eur region?
Old April 3rd, 2012 (10:02 PM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by deflow32:
i am using DS lite. can u trade from usa region cartridge to eur region?
The region locking doesn't happen with DS Lites. You should try again and see what you get, ask Forever if you think you are still having trouble.
Old April 3rd, 2012 (10:29 PM).

Quote originally posted by Giraffe:
I just hatched it~
Gah, I'm not very good with EV training - I just want it to get the highest attack it can; I also want to EV it in HP, if that's wise? ;A;
I fed it around six proteins, I think.
You could just give it a EXP SHARE and go fight a lot of pokemon that give you 2 attack EVs, and ones that give you HP EVs. Thats what I do, but sometimes its hard to tell when you've maxed out one of their stats.
Old April 4th, 2012 (07:34 AM).

After defeating Lenora at the Nacrene Gym, Team Plasma will attack the museum in Nacrene City and steal a bone from the Dragon fossil, which looks like the skull of Dragonite. My question is, why the hack they intended to do it? Anything related with the awakening/summoning of Zeckrom/Reshiram by N? But if so, that will be stupid/unnecessary because all they needed it's the Dark/Light Stone, to awaken Reshi/Zeck...
It's because they knew that one of the artifacts in the museum would be the key (Light and Dark Stone are in the museum), and they thought that artifact was the skull?
Any thoughts or theories on this?
Old April 4th, 2012 (12:09 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by KentaMaster:
After defeating Lenora at the Nacrene Gym, Team Plasma will attack the museum in Nacrene City and steal a bone from the Dragon fossil, which looks like the skull of Dragonite. My question is, why the hack they intended to do it? Anything related with the awakening/summoning of Zeckrom/Reshiram by N? But if so, that will be stupid/unnecessary because all they needed it's the Dark/Light Stone, to awaken Reshi/Zeck...
It's because they knew that one of the artifacts in the museum would be the key (Light and Dark Stone are in the museum), and they thought that artifact was the skull?
The skull isn't explicitly stated to be Dragonite's skull in the game. Apparently, Team Plasma stole the skull because they thought it had to do with Reshiram or Zekrom, when in fact, it didn't, because they took the wrong item.

Old April 4th, 2012 (04:40 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by KentaMaster:
Can I just say if you're interested in the origin of the skull, feel free to make a new discussion thread on it, since it's an interesting topic. :)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)