Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Reload this Page One Hit Wonders

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old April 10th, 2011 (05:52 PM).
quixotic
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote:
A one-hit wonder is a person or act known mainly for only a single success. The term is most often used to describe music performers with only one hit-single.
What do you guys think of one-hit wonders? Do you think that if an artist is capable of a hit single, that they should be able to follow up with at least one other? And do you have a favourite one-hit wonder?

Old April 11th, 2011 (05:54 AM).

Any artist is capable of anything, this includes artists that make these so called "one-hit wonders." If they can write a great song that everybody loves once, I'm sure they can do it twice.
My favorite one-hit wonder would have to be Rapper's Delight by The Sugarhill Gang.
Old April 11th, 2011 (05:59 AM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
For me, every song is a one-hit wonder. I tend to vary wildly in my opinion of even the artist that has 10 songs that sound the same; I'll like a few of their songs and hate others. I gave up on liking particular artists and instead like songs in particular.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old April 11th, 2011 (07:01 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>

Nature: Relaxed
Most one-hit wonders tend to be heavily populist songs that tap into some sort of cultural zeitgeist and milk it for all its worth. Novelty songs (like 'Mickey' by Toni Basil) and catchy foreign songs (the 'Macarena' by Los del Rio, '99 Luftballons' by Nena) as well as gimmicky bands tend to fill up the roster, but some are just good songs from bands/artists that couldn't catch a break after their success and were left to die out on VH1 ('Take on Me' by A-ha; 'The Final Countdown' by Europe).
Old April 12th, 2011 (03:22 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
IMO, one-hit wonders aren't as well-known as the major singers out there, like Justin Bieber. If you write up a song, and everyone likes it, then you can write up another good song, if you can.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)