The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
Isaac and Jason

“Scyeth Herthar” ‘Hope you know sandstorm won’t count since it’s a status move. Oh and I’m gonna warn you now. Goldeneye takes its toll on steel types. You’ll need to have plenty of self control.’ Blade said.

He went higher into the air trying to minimize the effects of the sandstorm. Blade perched on the edge of the roof, and sat there like a gargoyle. Jason kept his eyes trained on his scyther. The stalling could only last so long. Blade needed to get an opening soon or he’d have to lead this fight.

Isaac had stopped Ace’s training for a moment, but had his trap inch swap to sparring with Zerak. That fight didn’t last long as Ace swamped Zerak with dig and earthquakes taking major advantage of the steel type. Hallow was also out of his poke ball and standing near Jason. Besides his orange skin Hallow was just like Blade, so how were they so different? It had been something Jason considered for the longest time. Two pokemon no matter what always were different. Training was one part, breeding another, but there was a third part Jason was trying to figure out.

“Isaac you know how type advantages work. You should have Zerak training in a level fight, for now, or alone. I’m also sure he’s tired of being weak to most of your team. Also I have to ask. You’re pokemon are all very individual. They seem like a very interesting batch, and seem to, in addition to many of the pokemon owned by students here, have a bit of an edge in certain areas. I’ve been trying to put together an understanding of this, but pokemon seem to gain more statistical bonuses by usage of certain moves. The repeated use of a move and its application seems to make the move more effective and stronger. For example your Trapinch uses dig a lot. He is very skilled in using it, and knows how to dig in specific patterns, how to keep track of his depth, and how to use the move outside of battle to great use. I’ve got a theory that this move repetition can extremely boost a pokemon’s capability in battle. They aren’t technically more powerful, but much more effective and resourceful.” Jason tried to explain, “In simple terms just like how we learn to play sports through muscle memory pokemon learn to attack and practice will make each individual attack better."
Old October 16th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Lucia Francisco Bernavard

It seemed that the man was still ignoring her. Well, she supposed Roberto had to prove himself in battle then. She walked away and sat back down next to Samuel who was watching the fight with a rather bored expression. Being Red Legion trained as well he could see that the Scyther would easily wipe the floor with Roberto. Why bother watching the fight if the outcome was already known? It really gave any surprise away and besides, he was tired of fighting so much. He was a guardian who was only supposed to fight to get Lucia out of danger quickly, not an attack Absol. Still, he was getting stronger from it, though he wondered why he couldn't have at least some time to talk to another pokemon. He talked to Snype, but that was one pokemon though. Sometimes being a guardian wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Roberto meanwhile finished spinning and peered through the sand with narrowed eyes to try and find the Scyther. He couldn't see any outlines... except for the flapping of insect wings. Roberto closed his eyes and keened his hearing senses on where the wing flaps ended. He slowly extended his arm out and then snapped it in the direction he last heard the wing beats and fired off a Hyper Beam. The Beam flew right through the sand evaporating a majority of the tiny particles as they hit against it. The beam seemed to be heading right for Blade, but the Scizor's hearing had been a tad off and so the Hyper Beam instead flew right past Blade just a few inches off from his position and into the sky.

Although the sand was still a bit thick near Roberto so the Scizor couldn't see whether his attack hit or not but he felt his body freeze up as the recharge time from Hyper Beam kicked in. The sand would hopefully protect his location long enough in case the Scyther shot off an attack in retaliation.
Old October 16th, 2012, 04:17 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Haru grinned as the awkward little precession wadered off towards the forest. Hopefully they won't come across any complications. He had a horrible flashback to the incident, but quickly got over it. It was in the past. The past should STAY in the past. "So what do you wanna do now?" He looked at Holly. "Our pokemon are gone, Kayla is asleep, and class is out for the day." Haru grinned at the prospect of two hour classes. He had seven hour classes before that, and those things are never fun.

"Company, forward MARCH!" He jumed in front of Lumina and started to walk with his knees high. Dutchess was the only one who followed suit, while the other two were just walking normally. "Oh boy! My very first adventure!" The Nidoran female was uber excited.
Old October 16th, 2012, 07:20 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful

Kilik Chambers - Academy Hallways->Following Sabrina

Maybe I did want to battle this jerk, but even I knew when to back off. He obviously had strong Pokemon, compared to mine. Still, I glared coldly at the Rocket Spy. Sabrina interrupted us, however, & motioned Valorie & this guy to follow. This place was a wreckage. I was still curious about Kiyoko & the Rocket spy, so I was gonna follow. Hey, I had nothing else to do.

Apparently, Valorie's mother was waiting for her at the office. She's lucky her mother came over, unlike mine... I shook it off & walked away from the hallway, Mistress following. Mark was also still here. So, it was Sabrina, Valorie, R-spy, me, & Mark. I don't know who else was following. All I cared was the situation. I overheard Mark talking to Valorie, but I was busy looking at Kiyoko.

Mistress was walking along, getting closer to Kiyoko as he was being held by Valorie. "I never thought you were that same Kiyoko I saw before," she commented. "Do you remember me? I'm Mistress."

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old October 17th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Nature: Brave

Drew Stone & Danielle Accola
Oak Island Beach

Waves crashed onto the shore of the Oak Island Beach. The only people on the sandy beach were both Drew and Danielle. Swifty the Vulpix walked closer to the oncoming wave that reached close to his foot, then returned back to the ocean. With curiosity, he wanted to see what the water felt like. Being a fire-type himself, he felt that touching water would kill him. Before he sets his foot on the next oncoming wave, Ozzy the Pachirisu came over to him.

“Pachipachi?” Ozzy asked the Vulpix.
“Vulll.”

Meanwhile, Drew and Danielle were getting their stuff set up, from setting a blanket on the ground to giving their Pokemon food. Syd the Petilil hopped close to Mienfoo, curious about him. Mienfoo’s attitude towards other Pokemon is still imminent, as he hasn’t fully gotten used to Danielle’s other Pokemon…yet. Mienfoo glared at the Petilil, as she manages to smile.

“Mienfoo, be nice to the little Petilil.” Danielle said, sitting down on the blanket.

Drew chuckled. “Syd’s really nice, she won’t bite at all.”

“Miiiiien.” Mienfoo rolled his eyes and looked away, then he gets up and walked towards the shore.

“*sigh* Sorry, my..Mienfoo is a bit…stubborn when it comes to meeting other Pokemon.” Danielle said, “It’s becoming a problem since I caught my Pachirisu.”

“I’ve had that same problem with my Umbreon. He got jealous of how Syd...my Petilil, was always around me and always out of her Pokeball most of the time." Drew said, petting Syd, "But he's grown to get used to it. Heh."

“Mienfoo’s been always out of his ball…till I started catching Pokemon. He’s been my only Pokemon before I came here.” As Danielle explained, Mienfoo came over and sat right beside her, trying to regain some affection…and attention. “Like right now, he’s trying to gain my attention.”

Drew smiled at Danielle, “You got really cool Pokemon, Danielle. Maybe later I’ll do some searching.”

“Well today is Thanksgiving, so I won’t be catching anymore Pokemon myself today.” Danielle said, “My uncle is coming to the Island today to visit me.”

“Lucky you.”

As the waves continued to crash on the shore, both Danielle and Drew’s Pokemon continued to have fun. Ozzy and Swifty were chasing around, as Sector flew on top of the water. Syd and Mienfoo remained next to their trainers, as Drew lets out Embee, her Umbreon. He runs up to the other Pokemon to play with each other.
Everyone would have a friend,
& right would always win,
& love would never end.
This is my grown-up Christmas list.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler

Old October 17th, 2012, 01:35 PM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Blade leapt down from his perch, and glided down. Stalling was far to boring. Sandstorm wouldn’t deal anywhere near enough to affect him, so Blade dove straight at his foe like an arrow silent but with amazing speed. He planned to start this real fight off right, and make sure this Scizor wasn’t going to chicken out. Jason looked at Hallowed once more and at his own pokemon again.

“Its amazing how much training changes a pokemon isn’t it? Our Scythers both have their skill sets due to their natural adaptations, but they are still greatly differing. Its like peoples upbringings.” Jason said.

“Well to be honest my upbringing isn’t the best in the world. Back home life wasn’t so great. Guess barely having a father tends to screw with your childhood. He was a ranger which was a taxing job. We’d have plans to play catch or go hiking the next day, but I’d wake up and find he had to leave for work before I even got out of bed. When it came to training my pokemon I’d rush through my chores since I had to help mom around the house, and then I’d spend hours on end with my pokemon. I bet if you totaled them up I spent more time with them then with my dad. That’s probably why I dislike people who are classed above me. I barely got anything, and in a world we think of as free the only people who really can be free need money. I mean being a trainer is amazing, but if I can’t make it to the leagues are start earning a making as a pro trainer then there aren’t many other choices for me.” Isaac said half to Jason and half to Lucia as a bit fo a more real apology.
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Lucia Francisco Bernavard

Roberto gritted his teeth, he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. That was his downfall as he could hear his foe flying though the air... and if his sense were correct he was coming right at him! Roberto at this point couldn't do much other than brace for whatever attack he would be hit with.

Lucia nodded at the explanation, but still, that was a different life than hers that was for sure, but was it true that a different lifestyle meant one could be rude and treat others like dirt even though they had done nothing wrong to them? Lucia had always been taught that no matter who someone else was that she was to give them respect no matter how she felt about them. If she had grown up the same as Issac or the teacher... would she be like them? Hateful or at least resentful toward those that had a more privileged life than her?
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:03 PM
SummerSkies
is a budgie.

Nature: Timid
James “Jay” Rybak

Orange told me,"Well, do you have money, 'cause I have none. I would give you some, but I'm broke. We should get a move on if we are gonna make it before dark."

“T-that is okay, I can give you some money i-if you want to buy something at Oak Town. D-don’t worry, I have enough money. S-sure,let’s head to Oak Town before t-the sun sinks below the horizon,” I responded with slight edginess. I was so full of tenseness that I had finally been able to make a conversation with a new friend. Maybe I would meet new friends along the way to Oak Town. Friends…I always had trouble making new friends. Well, I do have acquaintances, but they were not really friends. I’m just…just too introverted for life. I would rather…

My thoughts were interrupted, and a voice spoke behind me, "Any trouble, you two? Do you need anything? Oh, excuse me, I have forgotten my manners. I am Professor Yew. This is Tetra. You are?"

I turned around to see a man around his twenties or thirties. The man was wearing a white suit with a hat and a green scarf. Below his suit was ared shirt, and around his hat was a red ribbon. In one of his hands was a cane.Besides the man was a Gardevoir. The voice most likely came from the man. So that means…the man is a professor! I am meeting a professor from the academy! I wonder what subject he teaches! I hope to be on his good side! Oh wait, psychic Pokemon may have the ability to read minds. Since the man had a Gardevoir…oh shoot, my personal thoughts are going to be invaded. No one should read my thoughts, my secrets are private. Okay, relax now James Preston Rybak, I can do this. Just pretend the psychic Pokemon is not there, and don’t stutter. Deep breathes now, in…and out…inhale…and exhale. Alright here I go.

I opened my mouth to talk to the professor,”Hello kind sir and Tetra. My full name is James Preston Rybak, but I prefer to be called Jay. My Pidgey is Samuel, my Swablu is Emil, and my Starly is Nalafari. The young boy next to me is Orange Henry, and his Bonsly is Bonsi. It is very nice to meet you, Professor Yew and Tetra. I currently do not have any troubles besides getting three Pokeballs to keep my Pokemon safe from those who wish to capture them. My three Pokemon were breed at my home, Cherrygrove City, by my mom who is a bird Pokemon breeder. I didn’t put them in Pokeballs when I was younger due to the fact that I used to be afraid of my Pokemon being trapped in such a cramped space.”

After I talked to the professor, I felt like I’ve gained some confidence. I felt ready, ready to do anything.

Suddenly, the sound of flapping wings could be heard. I turned around to see Nalafari flying towards a passerby and the passerby’s Quilava,and the Starly landed on the ground near the two passerbys. The young passerby was wearing a black jacket, goggles, and had white hair. Nalafari started chirping about something that I could not understand. Abruptly, another pair of flapping wings could be heard. It was Samuel. Samuel flew to Nalafari, and began chirping with his monotone tone. Emil had followed Samuel to Nalafari.

I told the professor,"Can you please wait for a moment? I'm sorry about this. I need to get my Pokemon out of trouble."

I walked to the white-haired boy to speak to him,” Hello, my name is James Preston Rybak, but you can call me Jay if you wish. I apologize if my Pokemon are bothering you. I didn’t mean that to happen. My friend and I are currently heading to Oak Town. Would you like to join us? It’s okay if you don’t want to.”

Emil-Swablu

The Bonsly stutters, "I...I just get... overwhelmed sometimes. I.... I'm sorry..."

I told the Bonsly,” It’s alright,don’t worry. It will be fine.”

I noticed an adult human and a Gardevoir. I waved one of my wings to Tetra the Gardevoir to welcome her, and I said,”Hi, my name is Emil. My trainer is James, but I like to call him Jay. The Starly is Nalafari, and the Pidgey is Samuel.”I saw Samuel introducing himself to the Gardevoir as well.

Flooourpff! I heard wings flapping. Oh dear, what is Nalafari up to now? I told the Gardevoir, “Could you wait a minute please. Thank you in advance.”

I followed Samuel to Nalafari. Apparently, we were not the only ones there. There was a white-haired human boy and a Quilava.I could hear Nalafari bragging about himself.

“Hey there guys, my name’s Nalafari. I’m the fastest flyer in Cherrygrove City of Johto. I’m also the strongest Pokemon in my team. Someday, I’ll fly around the world in ten seconds flat!"

Samuel, who was next to Nalafari,told the Quilava,” Greetings, my name is Samuel. I apologize if Nalafari is annoying you. He’s rather a bit unruly today."

“Hey!” Nalafari spoke back.

“Nalafari Agrippa, please do not be boorish to our fellow Pokemon. Emil would you like to introduce yourself while I talk to Nalafari?”

“Yep, sure thing Samuel,” I tweeted.

I looked up at the Quilava, the Quilava was giant compared to me. Oh my Arceus, what if the Quilava eats me? Hopefully the Quilava wouldn’t eat me. I tried my best to introduce myself,” H-hello,m-my name is E-emil. I-I am a S-swablu. Er…my friends here are Nalafari the Starly, and Samuel the Pidgey. Nalafari is r-really a s-speed demon, a-and he also loves to prank others. S-samuel is the smartest P-pidgey I’ve ever met. S-sometimes,Samuel w-would help me learn new things with his l-lectures. S-sometimes, Samuel could be b-boring with his l-lectures and stuff. A-and m-me, I’m not e-exactly sure.”

((I’ll type the perspectives of Samuel and Nalafari later.))

Last edited by SummerSkies; October 18th, 2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:48 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
(I'm trying first-person this post, just to try it out.)
Orange
Well, it seems Jay's got money. Gosh is he lucky. He seems to be a spectacular trainer, and his team is really cool. Well, Bonsi is my best friend, and I guess he has three. A teacher approaches us and asks, "Any trouble, you two? Do you need anything? Oh, excuse me, I have forgotten my manners. I am Professor Yew. This is Tetra. You are?" Jay explains who we are, and it seems he has a bit of tensoin in his voice. His Gardevoir is so cool! I hope one day I have a cool pokemon like that. I blurt out, "Man your Gardevoir is so cool!" I feel embarrased, because he appears to be a professor. Oh no, not detention..... Jays pokemon fly off for some reason, and of course Bonsi follows. I run after him while saying, "Wait! Bonsi... Not again.... I'm sorry sir, but I must be going now. It was nice meeting you! WAIT! BONSI! COME BACK!"
Bonsi
Talking with the other pokemon is fun. I like these guys. Pretty soon, a Gardevoir and a man, who is much older than Orange, I might add, approaches. THe others are introducing themselves so I say, "H-Hello there m'am. I-I'm B-B-B-Bonsi. Nice to m-m-m meet you..." Soon enough, Nalafari runs off again, and Sam and Emil follow. Well, I best be following them. "See you later, Gardevoir! Nice meeeting you!" Onward and outward!
Soon we run into a quilava. Oh no, I sure hope we don't get into a fight... I hate loosing... So, I attempt to save myself from potential damage. "Hello there. I'm Bonsi, and you are?" Hey, I'm getting good at introducing myself. I didn't even studder that time!

Last edited by OrangeNess; October 17th, 2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Extra lines appeared in my post.
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Nature: Calm
Ethan continued walking on down the road to Oak town, and the further he got from the center, the more his guilt subsided and the thought of a decent meal was causing an Earthquake within the bowls of his stomach as it began to cry out for a meal. He hadn't eaten in hours, and since during that period he had exhausted large amounts of energy, he was incredibly hungry.

For a while, he paid no heed to his surroundings as he daydreamed about his future meal until he began to hear a rather low growl flooding from his Quilava's throat. He'd rarely ever heard that kind of reaction out of his pokemon, and instantly he began to scan the horizon for trouble. Finding nothing of danger, he looked back down at his feet only to see several pokemon crowding around his partner.

As the chorus of pokemon language commenced, Quilava's natural flame lit up and he stared at the intruders in a threatening manner, spitting out a few sentences of his own, and from what Ethan could tell, they weren't pretty.

Letting out a sigh, Ethan bent over and picked up his pokemon, holding it by the chest and allowing its legs to dangle downwards. Instantly, Quilava's pride was replaced by embarrassment and he made an effort to look away from the other pokemon, unwilling to show his face in his weakness.

As the trainers of the pokemon began heading towards him, he shot them an irritated glance, and as the owner of the flying-type pokemon went about his introductions, he quickly shot out "I'm Ethan, this is Quilava, Whaddaya want?"

Then, at the man's invitation, he quickly dropped his guard and allowed Quilava back down, who instantly went back to growling at the other pokemon.

"Ok, I was Headin' that way anyways", Ethan replied, a somewhat more light-hearted tone rolling off of his voice.
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Nature: Relaxed
Lincoln West

What was he getting worried about? Sure, that girl had messed up, but he had no problems getting on with his pokemon. He'd send one out, they'd... chat, or whatever, and then he could get on with his day. No problem. Who to send out though? Siege was kinda new, and he always felt a bit mean letting Bixi out when there wasn't much water. That just left Jackson... man, he really wanted a full team, three pokemon just wasn't enough. He didn't like letting people know he had fossil pokemon outside of a battle.

Shrugging he took Jacksons pokemon from his belt and released him. The small Shieldon took one look around the classroom and backed up towards Lincoln, glaring between N and the other students.

"Don! Don don!" Jackson barked, starting to growl.
"So, like, now what? Jackson doesn't like other people, y'know? He's a battler."

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old October 18th, 2012, 09:00 AM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Triple threat
Jason, Isaac, and Orion

“Spite isn’t going to change anything Isaac. When I was yourage there was a major argument against the establishing of leagues in newregions. I was furious about it. Kanto started the league, and I didn’t wantthem to be everywhere. I had expanded enough. Then my cousin moved to hoenn,and a couple of months maybe even a year later he won the league challengethere. He was a Kanto native, andhad his heart set on getting a squirtle as hisfirst pokemon. Instead he got a mudkip and from thre He put together a team ofSwampert, Breloom, Metagross, Duskinor, Skarmory, and Arcanine. One Kantopokemon that’s it. He learned to adapt and accept what the world offered him. You’re spite blinds you to the troubles ofothers, and weighs you down with self-inflicted issues. I don’t know that youwere paying attention, but Lucia’s pokemon had to be specially trained not forcompetitive reasons, but so they could act as body guards. They aren’t justfriends or partners they are working to protect Lucia, and that means there issome sort of reason to believe she needs protection from something or someone. I may have all these skills that I own, but Istill lost lots of time with my family too. Had to travel a lot, and my familywas constantly busy maintaining the wide variety of Safari Zones, but it wassomething I could be proud to participate in. I also think that you, Lucia,seem to spite those who have claimed against you without knowing you, but inlife its fairly obvious first impressions can ruin people. I still don’t quiteknow how a vegetable could cause such anger between you two, but I hope youplan to expand your self-control and look at first impressions a bit less.”

“As a wise man once said, ‘To look at a magikarp withdistaste is to look at a garidos with disbelief.’” A new voice said.

“Well if it isn’t the boy from the bookstore. I see you gotmy message, though you are a bit late.” Jason said.

A boy in a black jacket appeared from the classroom’sbackdoor. Isaac was surprised to see the kid so soon. It was Orion. He was lesssurprised Jason knew him.

“I swear you are following me.” Isaac muttered

“No, just keeping tabs on future endeavors. We both know yougot potential, but you’re not ready to face me yet.” Orion replied

“What? I already battled you!” Isaac shouted

“Yes, but not a real battle. You know I was testing youafter your prior battle.” Orion said.

“…I’m gonna go out on a limb andassume you two have met… Lets see Zerak and Turbine spar. Double phase method.I’ll organize the battle in a moment. “ Jason said.

----------------------------------

Meanwhile Blade unleashed an aerial ace on Roberto beforevanishing off into the sand storm again, and had the scizor in his sights for asecond attack. The overwhelming bonusesAerial ace had made it Blade’s go to move. It even allowed him to move nearsilently until he tore through the air with his scyths.

(Aerial is base 60 x1.5 for technician x2 for type alignment [flying using flying] and never misses[or in this RP is near impossible to dodge] now factor in steel resistance which would be 1.5/ so basically its still gonna really hurt. I may have the technician wrong.

EDIT actually roberto has no resist and technician is right. so that stat is 180 and nearly never misses. imagine it on a grass bug type. 360 for one weakness and 720 for a double weakness.)

Last edited by jasonwolf; October 18th, 2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:11 PM
ShaymieTheShaymin
Menma~
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to ShaymieTheShaymin
Holly watched as the pokemon left and sighed a little. She looked up at Haru and smiled. "I hope our pokemon will be able to find us if we go somewhere." She looked down at Daisy and patted the deer on her head. She looked over at Kayla. "She'll probably wake up soon..." As she said that, Yuri woke up and walked towards Jasmine. "Where'd everybody go?" Jasmine looked at Yuri and snorted. "They went on an adventure or something." Yuri nodded and laid down.

Rosemary laughed and tried to march like the other pokemon. Primrose smiled and followed closely. Lumina giggled and hopped next to Molly. "Hi there, Molly!" Molly looked down at the Litwick and nodded. "Hi, Lumina. She floated down and put Lumina on her back, smiling.

Thanks for everything today. Tomorrow I'll go to heaven. Please be my friends until the very end.
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:55 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
(I think I'll stick to the first person, for now. )
Orange
Oh no, what if Bonsi gets lost... That would be bad... Oh no.... Following Bonsi's path, I ran into a white haired boy with my friend Jay. "...My friend and I are currentally heading to Oak Town. Would you like to join us? It's okay if you don't want to." "Yes! Please come with us, we will have a great time. Awww.... Man, I'm hungry. You guys want lunch? As for you Bonsi, I am furious, please don't run away like that ever again!" Soon after, I called Bonsi back.
Bonsi
Yay! My friend Orange has come to my rescue once again. Man, I'm glad to have a friend like him. That Quilava seems angry. I hope he doesn't hate me... That will result in a battle... And I'll lose again..." I am soon called back to my pokeball, but not before a nice scolding for running away. Yippe.

Last edited by OrangeNess; October 22nd, 2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old October 19th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
Maxwell Leggingsteele
Academy Grounds
------------------------------

Charlie Fitzpatrick? Wow, even this guy's name radiated some sort of victorious feeling. Was he the human incarnation of Victini? Not that Maxwell knew of Victini, but now we're breaking the fourth wall, so hush hush. The man then added that he was the new counselor of the academy. So, they had a counselor now, eh? Well that's good, Maxwell guessed. He hardly knew hoe many people were enrolled in this academy, however the number couldn't be small. After all, there were many people with the potential of becoming powerful Trainers. Maxwell should know, after all he did make it into the Entei Dorm. But now were getting sidetracked, the point being that there had to be many people with problems that could be fixed - or at least helped - with some counseling. All in all he seemed like a nice guy, and Maxwell wasn't one to be unkind or rude at a first meeting with someone. So he smiled and stated:

"The name's Maxwell. Maxwell Leggingsteele to be precise." He said, "It's very nice to meet you Mr. Fitzpatrick." (gotta' have 'dem manners y'know.) "I don't really see any problem with exchanging a few words with you," he glanced at Genevieve for a second, "However, I think that it'll have to wait. As a matter of fact, I have some important stuff to take care of first." Maxwell grabbed Genevieve's hand and started to walk out of the PokéCenter.
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Ocelli
Togepi

Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

Tristen turned from Skarmory to her croagunk. Gabriel was still busy training himself, hopping from rock to rock with increasing speed. His footing was increasingly more accurate as he repeated the same movements over and over again, careful to find the best footholds for each launch from his small hind legs.

Skarmory followed Tristen as she approached the small purple frog. He was concentrating hard enough to not notice them. Tristen looked at the composure of Gabriel and smiled. He was always so concentrated and focused. His OCD was a strength and a weakness all the same. His perfectionist attitude was helpful when it came to mastering the technique required to execute an attack, but it was also inhibitory to his flexibility in battle strategy. Things had to go perfectly or not at all.

He needs to be able to change his plans on a dime. Let’s see how he handles some unexpected variables. Tristen tilted her head at Skarmory. “Make things interesting--but don’t give him an anxiety attack.” She smiled at the small croagunk as Skarmory silently began to glide towards the Croagunk. This could either go really well, or really badly. Poor Gabriel should be accustomed to my unpredictable attitude, but sometimes... She chuckled to herself. ... he doesn’t take it so well.

Gabriel was at the top of his parabolic leap when Skarmory zoomed past him suddenly, catching him by surprise. He barely had enough time to recover himself before hitting the ground, slipping only slightly before regaining his balance on the sandy surface of the rock. He stared at the steel bird in disbelief before turning around suddenly to glare at Tristen. She only shrugged in response and replied, “Deal with it. Stuff like this happens.”

Gabriel had just barely turned back around when Skarmory was suddenly in his face, ready to execute an Air Cutter. The purple frog recognized his body position and quickly ducked behind a nearby rock before the knife-like air split the area around him. He wiped a drop of sweat from his brow; that was a close call for him.

Skarmory then proceeded to lift his wings before launching himself vertically into the air to get a larger scope of the surrounding area. He needed to eliminate all possible hiding areas so he could get a clear view of Gabriel. He didn’t want to have to deal with a sudden long-distance attack--the purple pokemon was very precise when it came to his aim.

Tristen admitted to a small twinge of guilt as she watch Gabriel struggle to grasp the situation. It was abrupt, indeed, but that was his one greatest fault--his inability to cope with a change. This is for your own good, Gabe. She sat down on the nearest rock as she took in the small skirmish between her pokemon. I’ll apologize later.
Old October 20th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Lucia Francisco Bernavard - Advanced Battling Club

Roberto had seen powerful attacks before, the whole Red Legion had been there to teach him so as the Aerial Ace hit him it was enough to force him down to a knee as pain overcame him... but the second one caused him to loose his balance and fall onto the ground, his body overwhelmed with pain. His vision blurred for a few seconds and nausea overtook him. He leaned forward a bit with closed eyes as he thought he would actually pass out right there. To his credit he managed to shakily and rather slowly rise to his feet, but upon doing so the lightheartedness overtook him and he ended up falling back to the ground. He took in deep breaths to keep conscious, he wouldn't black out now, he just.... wouldn't.

Lucia bit her lip as suddenly another boy came to the match and began to argue with Issac... or at least Issac began to argue with him. Lucia was actually tired of arguing at this point. It was getting so confusing as to why someone was mad with another. Hopefully Orion wouldn't want to pick a fight with her as well. Still... first impressions were very big in business and certainly in the court room. Start off with the wrong foot with someone and you would end up being convicted for murder even though there was hardly any evidence to support such claims. The first impression was always the most important way to meet someone and get to know them. It was a starting point in essence, an anchor her dad always said. If someone was intent to be rude to you the first time you met them, then the odds were they would be rude to you once you would get to know them as well.

(Also... I really don't competitive battling much so I really don't understand all of that stat calculating you just did. Does it just mean it really really hurts? If so then that's what I went with for this post. By the way, with Roberto practically flinching from the first Aerial Ace it prevented him from attacking so I assumed the second one just hit him after.)
Old October 20th, 2012, 03:58 PM
siiadams
Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866

Nature: Quiet
Shawn and Zapper made it to the edge of the forest clearing to see a Skarmory attacking a little Croagunk. His eyes almost seemed to light up, excited to see a battle take place...or was it a battle? The Croagunk didn't seem to want to fight Skarmory, so it hid behind a rock. Shawn shook his head, knowing he would do the same if it came down to it. Skarmorys are very intimidating in battle.

Then, he got a better look at the white-haired girl that seemed to be Skarmory's trainer. She seemed almost hurt (or is it remorse?) to see Croagunk react in that way. He watched her, almost hypnotized by her beauty, until her Skarmory got in the way again. He looked back to the steel pokemon, seeing what else happens in this confrotation.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Pokemon Training Academy - Shawn Williams (Sting *in box*, Cactuar, Zapper, Shiva, Pyra, Rocky, Crash)
Old October 20th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Ocelli
Togepi

Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

Gabriel panted as he tried to catch his breath. He had been dodging aerial attacks from Skarmory as he jumped around on the destroyed turf.

From a distance, Tristen began to tap her foot nervously. It was as if Gabriel refused to attack--he hadn’t executed a single attack since Skarmory caught him off guard. She began to rub her eyes, letting out a silent sigh. Really, Gabriel. You don’t have to go about pouting like this. Just play along, would you? She looked up again and gave Gabriel a stern look.

Meanwhile, Skarmory had alternated between Sand Attack, Air Cutter, and Feint. He had been unable to use Sky Drop because Gabriel had been too quick and moved around too often for him to get a grip on him. He did find it unusual that the purple frog hadn’t retaliated in any form. Perhaps he was injured and didn’t want to admit to it. As he looked around however, he had a hard time finding him amongst the rubbled debris.

Gabriel was hidden in the shadow of a rock, out of sight from Skarmory’s attacks. He was taking the moment to think up a strategy. He was admittedly very tired from maneuvering the landscape, so he also used the time to rest himself. He knew what the others would be thinking. Tristen was probably disappointed that Gabriel hadn’t made a move yet. Skarmory was probably just barely started to wonder why he wasn’t retaliating.

Even though he still planned on training “Tristen’s way,” he still hated these types of methods. He liked to be able to know what was coming and be able to analyze his situation from the get-go. But he trusted his trainer. He knew there was a reason that she’d just set him up and tell Skarmory to start attacking.

The croagunk trembled to think that he had any sort of weakness, but he knew what it was. This was going to help him. He had to continually chant that in his head before forming his determination. He would prove to Tristen that he could take anything she threw at him. He was ready.
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:51 AM
SummerSkies
is a budgie.

Nature: Timid
James “Jay” Rybak

My Starly screeched with furious chirps, “STA! STA STA STA STAR STAR STARLY! STAR….” While my Starly was rambling, my Pidgey looked annoyed and covered the Starly’s mouth with a wing. However, Nalafari kept rambling under Samuel’s wing. My Swablu timidly hid behind Samuel with fear,tears, and shivering. The white haired trainer’s Quilava seemed to have about as much anger as my Starly had, and the Quilava was growling. My Starly steeled himself, and was ready to attack the Quilava.

Before a battle could happen, I grabbed all three of myPokemon and hugged them close to my chest. I tried to protect my Pokemon from getting into a battle with the Quilava. Nalafari kept pecking my arms. Emil was shivering in fear of the Quilava, and her tears were wetting my shirt. Emil began to relax in my hug, feeling safer. As usual, Samuel remained composed with his beak clamped on Nalafari’s tail to prevent Nalafari from breaking his prison to prevent him from attacking the Quilava. My arms were beginning to weaken as Nalafari tried to break free of the hug. Nalafari had lost his temper again. It wasn’t the first time I had to prevent Nalafari from attacking during his temper tantrums. I knew that Nals would calm down over time. As my arms weakened, I let out a cry of pain as tears rolled down my cheeks from my eyelids.

Nalafari-Starly

Anger, that was what I felt. I felt like a volcano ready to erupt. I could feel it rushing throughout my veins, ready to burst. That stupid, friken Quilava and its dirty mouth, his words had just insulted my awesomeness. The fastest flier in the world, insulted by a mere Quilava; this is stupid. Well, if he wants to talk dirty, I’ll talk dirty too. I could feel the adrenaline pouring throughout my body, and then it burst the stove of my anger. I screeched at the Quilava, YOU &#$%$#! HOW DARE YOU*%^&^&%$! I’LL #%%#$, AND STICK A %$^$%^ $ ^$%^$^, %^$^%$^ FRICKEN#@$#$, and #$$#%$# you #$@$#. SO #$@%%&^&^& YOU %^$%^#$.

Suddenly I felt a breeze, and the next thing was Samuel’s wing was placed over my mouth. That smart a Pidgey was getting in my way, but that didn’t stop me from my swearing. I was ready to attack the Quilava. My wings began to glow as I was about to unleash a Brave Bird on the Quilava, but before that happened, Jay grabbed me, Emil, and Samuel before I had the chance to attack the Quilava. Jay hugged us close to his chest. Dang it Jay, why must you leave me hanging with my moves? Next, Samuel grasped my tail feathers with his beak (Dang you too, Samuel). I kept pecking my trainer’s skinny, muscled arms to break free from the grip. I need to pay back what that Quilava deserves.

((I made an effort to keep this T-rated as much as possible,and I put other things in place of the swear words. If this post is not considered to be T-rated or have any problems, please notify me so I can fix it.))

Last edited by SummerSkies; October 21st, 2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: The words are sticking together again...-_-
Old October 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Valorie Ryder - Academy Office
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie was receptive to Kiyoko attempting to bury himself against her, if not slightly embarrassed. She cuddled Kiyoko close and glanced around at the others nearby in a somewhat distant manner, not wanting to be confronted about what she was doing. She, of course, was completely oblivious to Kilik's pokemon trying to talk to Kiyoko. Some of the distance faded when she passed over Mark, but it was somewhat subtle.

...Cue transition. Sabrina led the group to the office, which really didn't take all /that/ long. Moving inside, they were treated to a secretary, and a rather important figure that seemed to have been waiting for them. Iiiiit's not Gary. Cynthia stood before them, not at all in a bad mood judging by her reasonably cheery expression. The secretary in contrast did not acknowledge the group. Sitting in a chair nearby was an unfamiliar adult woman with quite a number of subtle resemblances to Valorie. Guess who? It almost seemed like Sabrina intended to speak, but Cynthia piped up before she could.

"...I heard the battle all the way across the school! That wasn't /all/ of you, right..?" Cynthia asked, concerned, to which Sabrina immediately replied "No, just these two." Cynthia nodded silently, visually in thought for a moment before responding to this. "...Alright. That's all I needed to know." she said in response to Sabrina. The two seemed to acknowledge eachother before Sabrina proceeded to leave the office.

"Now..." Cynthia said, in thought, seeming to study the expressions of those present for a moment before continuing. "Could any of you tell me what happened?" she asked.

Elizabeth - Elizabeth's Classroom
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elizabeth seemed pleased with Takumi's response and dropped the pokeball to release a marowak holding an exceptionally large club. The pokemom looked quite bold, and held itself with something resembling pride. This was a very strong pokemon, a very aggressive pokemon, whose hollowed out skull helmet had seen many fights to the point that there was visible damage on the skull.

"...Please, do not--...Don't hold back...My pokemon will... bring out their strength..." Elizabeth stated, rather simply. Normally, one might mistake bluntness for courage, but this tiny girl was so unintimidating visually and in her actions that it was likely easier to assume that she simply did not understand how to speak any other way. In reality, it was just difficult for her to speak to others, and being blunt was simply the safest way to speak, yielding the lowest chance of others just sort of... not understanding her at all. She had asked Takumi to battle her, or at least implied it. It seemed this would be a very 'hands on' lesson.
Old October 21st, 2012, 03:06 PM
Ocelli
Togepi

Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

After a few more minutes, Skarmory had decided to come closer to the ground to get a better look. He began searching for Gabriel, and he had an idea that the croagunk was probably trying to lure him closer to the ground, but nothing would happen if he didn’t comply to this sort of instigation.

Gabriel waited as Skarmory began to get closer to his location, and once he was in range, Gabriel jumped out from behind the rock and used Astonish, hitting Skarmory full in the face.

The steel bird called out in surprise as he got hit by Gabriel’s surprise attack. He flinched, and the croagunk used this opportunity to use a close-range Pursuit attack, again hitting the steel bird perfectly.

Tristen raised her eyebrows in interest. Took you long enough, genius. Next time, try and think up a plan a little faster, would ya? It’s boring for the spectators. She chuckled. This wasn’t exactly true--she had always told her pokemon to not worry about aesthetics. They weren’t pokemon coordinators. They were battlers. Get things done quickly and concisely. That was their goal.

Skarmory let out a roar in anger. He had lowered his guard enough to allow Gabriel to land two consecutive attacks; this was unacceptable. The steel bird used Air Cutter and followed the stream-lined atmosphere to immediately follow up with Feint. The croagunk managed to dodge the air cutter but was unprepared for his next attack. It was a hard, solid hit, and Gabriel staggered back behind another rock for protection.

Gabriel then popped out from behind the boulder and used Faint Attack, but missed. He was getting tired, and Skarmory was at an advantage for his steel armor and his flight abilities. He was consistently frustrated whenever he battled him because of this. He has yet to win a battle against him.

Tristen shook her head. Gabriel had a habit of losing hope when things grow dim. There’s a way he could potentially defeat Skarmory, but she didn’t want to enlighten him just yet. It was one move, but it required close contact with the steel bird, which was one thing that the purple frog consistently tried to avoid.

Just one thing. I’m sure you can figure it out someday.
Old October 21st, 2012, 03:51 PM
siiadams
Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866

Nature: Quiet
Shawn smiled while watching the Skarmory battle the Croagunk. He let out a slight gasp when Croagunk finally went on the attack, surprising Skarmory with, not one, but two attacks. "Hit-and-run..." he thought to himself, "It'd work on most pokemon, but not on steel." Zapper kept her eyes on the Skarmory, always making sure that Shawn wasn't threatened.

Shawn now saw that Skarmory was mad, or thats how it looked to him, at least. Looking at the white-haired girl again, she seemed concerned with Croagunk's welfare. Did...did Croagunk belong to her? If so, it seemed to be a little extreme to him, but to each their own. Shawn leaned against the nearest tree to continue watching this display.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Pokemon Training Academy - Shawn Williams (Sting *in box*, Cactuar, Zapper, Shiva, Pyra, Rocky, Crash)
Old October 21st, 2012, 05:56 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

KIYOKO
きよこ

The Zorua with Lucario Blood

Mistress? Kiyoko flustered a bit. I-I don't remember you... Sorry... But I guess you know me... He paused in silence for a moment before letting out a long exhale. I don't get it... That lady didn't listen to me... Is it because I'm not human? I can look human... Isn't that enough? Yup. He's still pouting. It wasn't long until they were at the main office, and Kiyoko saw a woman-- no, two women-- that he hadn't seen before. One of them had the same aura as Valorie...

Kiyoko's left eye flickered silver as he looked at that woman. Were they related somehow? Maybe if he'd paid attention to the conversation It was then that the other woman asked what had happened, and the evil lady from before had left. She's gone! Finally! There was something... Upsetting Kiyoko. Surely Valorie would feel the Zorua's fur rising. I'm going to be heard no matter what...!

Kiyoko did, like before, jump down to the floor and disguise himself as the little-boy persona he'd been previously known as. "That's it! I'm not gonna be ignored this time!! That evil R man-" Kiyoko, once more, points at the spy, "-tried to capture me, she saved me-" pointing at Valorie, "from being captured again, and he started a fight and destroyed the school!!" Kiyoko, nearly pink-faced from his outburst, huffed and puffed, which honestly looked adorable with his tiny shape. He looked up at the woman, and gasped slightly, almost jumping when he looked directly into the woman's eyes. His left eye glinted silver once more as he felt and saw the woman's aura. It was powerful. He gulped slightly and backed up until he bumped into Valorie's leg, and simply stopped there.

Old October 21st, 2012, 06:16 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
[sorry for the long time no post. Been busy with life, then got grounded. But I'm back!]

Steven Yew

Yew nodded as the two children introduced themselves, and heard quite a few Pokemon talking to Tetra. He stood and watched as the two children's Pokemon ran over to another boy, and their trainers followed.

"Shall we be going?" Yew asked Tetra, who nodded.

Yes, Master Yew, we shall. she mentally replied, and they continued to the school.

As they arrived, they noticed a profuse amount of child trainers were milling about. Yew led the way to his classroom, and entered.

The classroom was large, but not too much so. There was six rows of desks, with four in each row. Near the front of the room was a larger desk, supposedly his, with a stack of papers on it. In the back, there was a seperated office. Yew skimmed through the papers on his desk, finding them to be a list of things he was to be teaching. He crumpled these up, and threw them away.

"Won't be needing those... Tetra, do you think you can help move these desks? I don't like how their set up." Yew said, starting to push desks. Tetra began aiding him with her psychic ability, lifting the desks and moving them into position. Soon, they were left with a large circle of desks, with Yew's in the center.

"Great. Now, all we need is to wait for the rest of our stuff to get here, and we'll be ready. For now, let's go back to the apartment.

Okay, Master Yew. Tetra said, walking towards the door. About a half-hour later, they were sitting on the balcony at their apartment. Yew had let Ice, Char and Luxray out of their balls, and they sat in various positions. Ice had resorted to the half lotus position, Luxray had curled up in a corner, atop a blanket, and Char had say in a folding chair. Yew and Tetra sat in the two deck chairs that were out on the balcony, one next to the other.

"Nice day today. Do you guys want to go train later?" Yew asked, which was met with much enthusiasm.

They all agree, Master Yew. I too would enjoy that. Tetra said. Satisfied, Yew leaned back, and closed his eyes. He knew that Tetra would awaken him when it was time, so he didn't hesitate to doze.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seth Argoz

Seth sighed with relief when they exited the forest. He didn't like all the bug Pokemon. His group walked back to the school, and entered the cafeteria. Teal picked a table, and they all sat down. Seth still had no idea what this 'Thanksgiving' was, but he was content with the full plate that Teal set in front of him.

About an hour later, Seth had finished eating. He looked up to see that Kira was sitting accross from him.

"How did you like the food? I thought it was amazing." Seth said, attempting to start a conversation. He couldn't tell, but he thought he saw her glare at Teal quickly before turning back to Seth.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links