The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Starway
Artist and Gamer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/07/...reck-it-ralph/

GAIZ GAIZ GAZIZ GAIZ GAODHIOwoqphqwhoqhuiiuh SKIP TO 4 MINUTES efuifewiupou
I remember watching that and almost fell out of my chair over the awesome ten seconds of screen time. If they did a cross promotion though I'd say we might see more of Sonic in Wreck-It-Ralph then. Also for Ralph being in transformed is actual a clever way to promote each other.

::. Visit my deviantART page here .:: ::. Practice makes perfect .::
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

So...how about that Sonic fan Remix? You know, that game Yuji Naka said was better than Sonic 4...
Old July 22nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:
So...how about that Sonic fan Remix? You know, that game Yuji Naka said was better than Sonic 4...
Uh...what about it? Yah looks pretty but that's much it.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:20 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Well...it plays better than Sonic 4, thats for sure! Seriously Sega *Maor whinig aboot the pyshicsa nd how fanz can meak better 2d gaymz*

Uhh...so how about that game Blue Spheres Forever?

Its a beautiful recreation of the Blue Spheres special stage, and in my opinion, the only bearable special stages in Sonic history. It contains all 128 MILLION special stages (All from each individual Sega Genesis game and Sonic 1 itself + Sonic 3 & Knuckles), and best of all, a level creator.

http://www.bluespheresforever.com/

Seriously this looks awesome, and knowing that in the possible Sonic 4 episode 3, Dimps is gonna rehash Blue Spheres. And its gonna be the only rehash some people wanted...

...or how about they make something original...
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:08 AM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:
Well...it plays better than Sonic 4, thats for sure! Seriously Sega *Maor whinig aboot the pyshicsa nd how fanz can meak better 2d gaymz*
Right about that! SEGA did notice how much attention that game was getting too. XD

Quote:
Uhh...so how about that game Blue Spheres Forever?

Its a beautiful recreation of the Blue Spheres special stage, and in my opinion, the only bearable special stages in Sonic history. It contains all 128 MILLION special stages (All from each individual Sega Genesis game and Sonic 1 itself + Sonic 3 & Knuckles), and best of all, a level creator.

http://www.bluespheresforever.com/

Seriously this looks awesome, and knowing that in the possible Sonic 4 episode 3, Dimps is gonna rehash Blue Spheres. And its gonna be the only rehash some people wanted...

...or how about they make something original...
SEGA (Sonic Team rather) hasn't made an original Special Stage in years. That's No Good.

Blue Spheres Forever, man that game is gorgeous.

Hey, hear about the Sonic Amateur Games Expo AKA SAGE? Where the best Sonic hacks and fan-games converge in one place? Wanna see see some new and possibly good 2D Sonic games? That's the place.
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

I heard of it when I was kinda obsessed with Sonic fangames. My ambition to create my own is still strong!

In fact, I have the perfect place to start...
Old July 26th, 2012, 05:22 PM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:
I heard of it when I was kinda obsessed with Sonic fangames. My ambition to create my own is still strong!

Sounds interesting. Place huh? Wonder what that means.
Old July 26th, 2012, 07:32 PM
NV
Dracon Leader

Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
Nature: Quirky
Quote:

Only sonic game you'll ever be happy with.
I also tried testing you stament about Sally Acorn in the cartoon...
and It doesn't hold up at all....
You must have missed quite a few episodes to come to those conclusions

PM me for info about this project.

Old July 27th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Because apparently if you like a game but hate most of the games in that same franchise, pointing out a flaw with that one game you like still equates to hating everything but the first few games in the series. I have no idea where I was going with that.

Okay, I admit. I was wrong about Sally. She does go to Robotropolis lots of times. But I still find her really annoying, and she always whines about her father.

But everything else I said is true, like it or not. Robotnik just infuriates me because of how bad he is...
Old July 27th, 2012, 08:52 PM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV View Post
Only sonic game you'll ever be happy with.
I also tried testing you stament about Sally Acorn in the cartoon...
and It doesn't hold up at all....
You must have missed quite a few episodes to come to those conclusions
Is this about Sally in the cartoon? I thought this was about the comic Sally. XD

Quote:
Because apparently if you like a game but hate most of the games in that same franchise, pointing out a flaw with that one game you like still equates to hating everything but the first few games in the series. I have no idea where I was going with that.
Your counterargument made me laugh a bit. I never really heard you say one negative thing about the Mega Drive/Genesis games.

Quote:
Okay, I admit. I was wrong about Sally. She does go to Robotropolis lots of times. But I still find her really annoying, and she always whines about her father.

But everything else I said is true, like it or not. Robotnik just infuriates me because of how bad he is...
I find Underground's Robotnik to be the worst out of the animated fat scientists. I have some likability to SatAM's Robotnik.

And what about the fifth Sonic animation, Sonic the Movie/Sonic OVA?
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
Your counterargument made me laugh a bit. I never really heard you say one negative thing about the Mega Drive/Genesis games.
Well, all major issues that I had with Sonic 1/2 are resolved with the use of Emulators and Save States. And the only problem I have with S3&K is that some of the levels like Marble Garden and Sanopolis kinda drag.

Quote:
I find Underground's Robotnik to be the worst out of the animated fat scientists. I have some likability to SatAM's Robotnik
I haven't seen Underground in quite a while, but I do recall him actually taking some action. I also recall him feeping the Rich people alive to get money off of and Robotosizing the poor. Pretty smart thing if you ask me...

Quote:
And what about the fifth Sonic animation, Sonic the Movie/Sonic OVA?
The Sonic movie is what SATAM and AOSTH should have been. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Eggman look exactly like how they did in the games. Sonic had 3 x 3 sets of spines instead of his old crappy US spines...seriously they look awful.

Anyway, I also think the english voices are good. Tails can get annoying at times, but frankly Tails has had only 1 good voice actor in his history...all the other times he has sounded like a 2 year old boy or a girl. The movie's plot was also good. NO pointless crap, just good Sonic vs Eggman. Its weird that they didn't include Amy though...

They should just make a show based on this movie...

...or better yet the japanese continuity...
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:27 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Um...can I join?
Username: Darkpokeball
Favorite Sonic Character: Blaze The Cat.
*cough* d *cough
(Read the bolded letters, from the order that they were written, left -> right)
Spoiler:

Or I could blatantly say: emerald

Favorite Sonic Game:
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle:
Love this one, because of the chao garden and the awesome Sonic/Shadow/Tails/Eggman stages. I hate Knuckles and Rouge levels...(Mad Space in particular)

-or-
Sonic Colors DS:
I loved this one! Good levels, great gameplay! The only DS game where I've gotten all Chaos Emeralds.
Old July 29th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

<_<

I think Chaos Garden sucks. I think its a boring waste of time that Sega rightfully axed. And the only reason to do it is because of the Green Hill level.

That is all.
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:42 PM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:
Well, all major issues that I had with Sonic 1/2 are resolved with the use of Emulators and Save States. And the only problem I have with S3&K is that some of the levels like Marble Garden and Sanopolis kinda drag.
That's true. I just hate Sandopolis' length.

Quote:
The Sonic movie is what SATAM and AOSTH should have been. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Eggman look exactly like how they did in the games. Sonic had 3 x 3 sets of spines instead of his old crappy US spines...seriously they look awful.

Anyway, I also think the english voices are good. Tails can get annoying at times, but frankly Tails has had only 1 good voice actor in his history...all the other times he has sounded like a 2 year old boy or a girl. The movie's plot was also good. NO pointless crap, just good Sonic vs Eggman. Its weird that they didn't include Amy though...

They should just make a show based on this movie...

...or better yet the Japanese continuity...
Funny how the first three cartoons were all American-influenced...and then comes Sonic X, which by the pilot showed was going to be similar to the Japanese cont. But nooooooo.....

And the OVA was more of Sonic vs. Metal Sonic in my opinion; if anyone stood out in the OVA is was Metal.

And Tails's new voice actor is definitely one of his best voice actors since ever since OVA to me. At least Tails now sounds like an older boy. Of course this is opinion sharing after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
Um...can I join?
Username: Darkpokeball
Favorite Sonic Character: Blaze The Cat.
*cough* d *cough
(Read the bolded letters, from the order that they were written, left -> right)
Spoiler:

Or I could blatantly say: emerald

Favorite Sonic Game:
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle:
Love this one, because of the chao garden and the awesome Sonic/Shadow/Tails/Eggman stages. I hate Knuckles and Rouge levels...(Mad Space in particular)

-or-
Sonic Colors DS:
I loved this one! Good levels, great gameplay! The only DS game where I've gotten all Chaos Emeralds.
Welcome to the club.
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:47 AM
darkpokeball

Woo-hoo! I'm in the club! As for voice actors...I don't really care. Tails sounding older IS an improvement (though I love SAB2, Tails voice is annoying). However, Sonic's voice just sounds a bit strange...(I'm used to Jason Griffith, not Ezio!) I like both, but I hated Sonic's voice in Sonic Adventure...I don't know why, I just didn't like it.
Old July 30th, 2012, 02:35 PM
TheChaosBlue

The animations in Sonic Adventure I like to add....looking back at it....was SO hilariously bad.... XD
Old July 30th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Sonic Adventure's graphics were never good to begin with. The character animations for the cutscenes are god awful
Old July 31st, 2012, 02:36 AM
Azure Rathalδs
the power within
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
The animations in Adventure were just so bad they were hi-larious.
Old July 31st, 2012, 04:43 AM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

One of the many reasons I think that game is terrible.
Old July 31st, 2012, 04:42 PM
TheChaosBlue

Sonic Adventure 2 has much better graphics in my opinion, but all CG cut-scenes during that time were so bad.
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:25 PM
darkpokeball

Sonic Adventure...gosh, when Sonic talked, it looked like his bottom jaw was going to just fall off. (I like Gamecube graphics for some reason...[SAB2 was pretty good]. Pokemon Colosseum was good, same with Sonic Heroes.)
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Oh my god guys we're finally getting Sa3! Not only are we getting Sa3, we're getting Sa1, Sa2, and Sa3 in 1 complete package!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyEUW93qZqY
Old August 6th, 2012, 03:59 PM
darkpokeball

Quote:
Oh my god guys we're finally getting Sa3! Not only are we getting Sa3, we're getting Sa1, Sa2, and Sa3 in 1 complete package!

*sees post* OMG FINALLY YES:LSKDJF:LKSJFD:LKJSDF
*watches video* ...
Well, then. That was one mighty fine troll...I'm just gunna go play some SA2B...play with my chaos...with my hopes and dreams...ruined.
Joking aside, nice one. You got me xD
Old August 11th, 2012, 11:34 AM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:

Oh yeah that; I knew it wasn't "OMG SAWNIK ADVETURES 3" as it was too obvious. I would like to see some sort of Sonic Advance Collection though.

As for SAGExpo, their fangames on display there are really good. Some standouts are Freedom Planet, Sonic Before and After the Sequel....
Old August 11th, 2012, 08:29 PM
FACEcake1223
Fire Power Laser!

Nature: Relaxed
When I first saw the SEGA of Antarctica thing I new it was fake but I watched it anyway. Way to troll. But maybe there is a SEGA of Antarctica, I don't know.

"Farewell Sonic... my admirable adversary."
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links