< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse 'Dad, father, daddy, daddo, papa.' 'YES?!' 'Hi!'

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Reply Post Reply
Old August 12th, 2011 (11:51 AM).
Crystal Tier
lame title is lame, i know.

Anyways, do you pester your parents whenever you want something? For example, whenever I want to buy something online, I send my dad an email seeing if he responds. Do you do something similar? How often? How do your parents react?

Old August 12th, 2011 (11:55 AM).
Nature: Gentle
Should I have grown out of that by now? nah...
Old August 12th, 2011 (1:40 PM).
kevin del rey
Silver Tier
Uh... Sometimes. But I really shouldn't, though.
Old August 12th, 2011 (3:11 PM).
Gold Tier
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I don't nag my parents for anything because I'm afraid they'll get mad at me.

Old August 12th, 2011 (3:15 PM).
Nature: Quirky
i just lay it out to them reasonably
someday, someone might just best me
but it won't be today, and it won't be you
cosmo | justinguitar
Old August 12th, 2011 (5:05 PM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier
Nature: Relaxed
No. :/ If it's something I don't really want to pay for, or at least don't want to pay entirely for by myself, I'll mention my intentions to get something and see what they think. But otherwise, I have my own income during the summers and since I can pay for whatever I want with my own money or credit card, I don't need to ask permission and I get a big nice NO whenever I ask for frivolous things. XD;

Though I did have to do this for my tuition just now. Leaned back in my chair and yelled into the kitchen, "DAD, I NEED TO PAY MY TUITION FOR THE TERM". Since I can't afford it myself and don't qualify for student loans because of my dad and mom's combined income, he goes, "Do you have enough in your bank account for it?" "Nope!" "When is it due?" and the yelled conversation ended with me writing down the amount and sticky-noting it to his laptop. :P But that's the extent of it.
Old August 13th, 2011 (2:01 AM).
Nature: Hardy
"Maa.." "What?" "Supporter!!" "What??" "*points to a certain website*" "Ahhh... Pokemon again... Maybe." "But I'm already doing good (slightly) in Geometry!" "Maybe."

- Real Conversation. XD

Anyways, yeah.. I ask. For a LOT. Mostly in real life though. I still remember me asking for a VideoCam and wow she did buy me one.. Oh, and some other toys and stuff. Haha.

It's different in purchasing stuff online tho. Like that one conversation. There was a time when I wanted that certain membership, I had to wait until my birthday, AND I had to get an honor. I won with three reasons. a) It's almost Christmas. b) It's almost my birthday. c) I got an honor. Haha. xD Mostly in online stuff.. I have to do something in return.
Old August 13th, 2011 (2:09 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I don't even try with my mum, as she is cheap. And I have inherited some of that cheapness and don't ask for my parents to buy me things. I plan to have a large inheritance. I could ask my dad, but then I have to have a conversation, and it's not worth it.
Old August 13th, 2011 (3:19 AM).
I have all I need and further; I rarely ever ask for something, in fact I still didn't think of a birthday present, and my birthday was almost half a year ago.
Old August 13th, 2011 (1:07 PM).
On that 'Non stop road'
Gold Tier
Nature: Quirky
I used to... then I started realizing that it wasn't working and it would only get me yelled at, so I stopped doing it... except via phone while away at college, then I'd have the option of hanging up if my plan to get some extra cash started to go south

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Old August 13th, 2011 (2:18 PM).
Anyways, do you pester your parents whenever you want something?
No. Even if I did, my parents would never agree to it anyway. I have enough money to get what I want for the meanwhile, though I may have to do a little bit of pestering if I can't qualify for a student loan to pay for university.
Old August 13th, 2011 (4:52 PM).
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Silver Tier
Nature: Lax
I don't pester them for anything anymore since I don't live with them. I'm a grown woman now and can take care of myself. Besides, even if I desperately needed money I wouldn't bother them, because they're still not back on their feet financially iirc. They couldn't give me anything even if they wanted to. That and they kind of took loans out for me when I went to college still. If anything I owe them. A lot. -_-;

When I was living at home, I did very, very rarely. Basically the only time I asked them for anything was when I wanted to order something online. I couldn't since I didn't have a bank account. I'd just give them the money and they'd buy it for me. Never asked them for extra money or anything, because I got allowance and that was enough for me.
If you're looking for me,
I'm hiding on Reddit or Twitter.
Old August 13th, 2011 (5:21 PM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier
Nature: Lax
No, because I am not 8 anymore.
I hate seeing teenagers pestering their parents to get them something or to let them do something. I just feel that they are being ungrateful, spoilt kids! =[
Old August 13th, 2011 (5:23 PM).
k r e s n i k
Super ModeratorCSEO
Nature: Timid
Too afraid to ask my parents for much. I hate asking people for things, cause it makes me feel rude and demanding. Like, I'll make a birthday list, but I don't like it to be read while I'm around. XD But nah, I don't pester them for stuff. I do like to say "hi mom!" a lot and she assumes I want something. :(
affinity with jude increased!
[ trade ] [ challenges ] [ avatar ] [ vgm ] [ ]
Old August 13th, 2011 (5:27 PM).
Gold Tier
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Retro Bug
My mom can usually tell when I want something and asks me what I want.

Though it depends on what it is she usually says yes. I do offer to pay for my stuff but my mom declines sooo there's nothing I can do there.

Delta Mayor
Atlantean World Changer
Skills: Crystallization, Crystal Manipulation, and Close-Range Combat
pair: CarefulWetPaint
Old August 13th, 2011 (5:59 PM).
Haven't been here for ages...
Silver Tier
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
When I want to go somewhere, usually I tell them last minute so they have to say yes. Other times it will be "but everyone else has one/is going" etc. And I like to nag, even though I don't usually get any results [s]i want a really expensive phone D:<
Please Click:

Old August 14th, 2011 (1:55 PM).
Nope. I've always believed, and been taught, that if I want something I should get it myself. If I'd ever have pestered my parents I'd have been told just that. I think it's way more rewarding to get it myself anyway. I even got a job pretty early in life so that I could have the stuff I want.

I also hate the idea of being spoiled (not saying that everyone who asks their parents for stuff is) and if I just get something I ask for given to me right then and there, I will almost definitely feel awful about it. I sometimes take this a little too far tho and refuse to take anything from anyone lol.
Yes, I'm really Trapinch.
Old August 14th, 2011 (5:44 PM).
Posting King
Crystal Tier
Yes, I always pester my parents if I want something. It works every once in a while, but I should really stop doing it.

If you want to chat with me shoot me a VM. Trust me I can't bite you through the computer
Old August 15th, 2011 (9:23 AM).
Crystal Tier
Nature: Modest
"Oh dear father, I love you sososo much." "What do you want?" :(

My parents are the type of people who will get something for family when there is money for it. They always do get whatever it is I want or my brother wants eventually and in time though. We don't ask for things very often and we're very good children who listen to them so... 8D

"In time" and "eventually" can turn about to be in months though, we're definitely not rich and it's only natural that they'd forget and whatnot.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old August 15th, 2011 (12:47 PM).
Gold Tier
Not much anymore. But if I do need something I'll just find a way to get some money. :>
Before it was "You look nice today mum", "Oh thanks honey", "Oh, is it okay if you could give me £20?" xDDD;
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old August 15th, 2011 (2:12 PM).
Crystal Tier
Nature: Naughty
I used to whine to get what I wanted. ..And I kinda did get what I wanted. I wasn't spoiled per say, but..yeah. Such is not the case now, of course. XD;
Paired with Hiroshi Sotomura and Cherrim
Tumblr + IG
Old August 15th, 2011 (6:52 PM).
Buffalo State College
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Anyways, do you pester your parents whenever you want something?
Yes all the time

How do your parents react?
They complain. I ask my mom for a netbook which cost $218.00, shes buying it for me but I have to pay her back this Friday

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old August 17th, 2011 (5:39 AM).
春野サクラ ♥
Gold Tier
One of the only things I like about my mom is that she buys me (almost) anything that are inexpensive ^_^
⎡ Paired with Vaporeon 7 ★ Deviantart PC family
Old August 17th, 2011 (7:38 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>
Nature: Relaxed
For the most part I tend to be relatively self-sufficient when it comes to financial stuff. On the rare occasions where I do need parental support, they're normally all-too-willing to help out. I blame empty nest syndrome.
Old August 19th, 2011 (10:09 AM).
Gold Tier
I ~guess~ I shouldn't, but I do. More often than I should. For the most part, I do have enough money to buy what I want, but it still doesn't hurt to ask every now and then anyway, haha (even though most times, it's a no). When it comes to getting a ride to places (like the mall, a friend's house, etc.), I don't have a driver's license, so I do pester my parents a lot for rides.
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links