• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Collecting Badges

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    BIG THANKS TO GOOGLE FOR IMAGES :3
    Hey :3 This is my first try with a Pokemon story, so don't be mad if I mess up with some stuff. I haven't seen Pokemon in so long, too...Here it goes :3
    THIS IS ONLY BOOK ONE.
    Chapter One:
    Living a Secret

I've been studying the arts of Pokémon for months now. My father use to be a Pokémon trainer, until a horrid accident happened. His Charizard had missed aim and shot him with a full fire blast.

I've been studying a bunch of Pokémon, but the one I would choose as my starter was the one my dad chose: Piplup.

I was living a secret life. My mom was against Pokémon trainers, and she was too busy raising an adopted baby that was only two-years-old.

I opened my window and stepped onto the roof. I slid down the pipe, landing softly on the grass. My mom wouldn't notice I was gone, until maybe tonight—but I could send her a letter once I got to Pewter City.

I walked to a market down the street to get directions to the laboratory where starting Pokémon are given.

The door slid open, and I walked in. The market had stacked Pokémon fruit and normal groceries. I walked up to the employee at the front desk.

"Hi." I said. The employee looked up. She had a strip of purple in her choppy and short black hair. She seemed to be chewing bubblegum.

"Yes?" she asked with an impolite tone to her voice.

"Where can I start my journey of a Pokémon trainer?"

"Oh, you're that Keith guy from down the street." The employee blew a bubble. "Yeah, you just walk down there and right before you walk into the grass, there's going to be a blue building. Just go in there and you'll start your journey right there."

I followed her directions. I kept going straight until I reached a blue building.

I walked inside, and the whole place was decorated with nothing but scientist stuff. Huge glass containers had at least one different species of Pokémon in them. At the end, there was a guy with glasses and he had blonde spiky hair. We looked actually a bit opposite—I had black hair that stopped right at the ending of the back of my neck, and it was choppy. He had blue eyes, I had green.

As soon as I walked in, he spotted me and ran over.

"I'm Johnny." He shook my hand. "Are you a starting trainer, too?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"Well, you better hurry!" He grabbed my arm and rushed to a table with three Pokéballs.

A man in a long white lab coat walked forward. His hair was dark gray, and his features were extremely wrinkled.

"Let's begin," the doctor said.

We each grabbed a Pokéball. I grasped mine and pulled it up.

Johnny and I both let out the Pokémon at the same time. Mine was a Piplup (wow, first try!) and Johnny's was a Pikachu.

"Do you both want to keep your Pokémon?"

"Yes." We said.

The man walked forward and both gave us red watches. "This is called a Pokédex. When you fight a new Pokémon you've never fought, they will be added into your library of all listed Pokémon.

"Good luck on your journey, Pokémon trainers." The man said, and walked off back into the back of the building.

"DUDE!" Johnny said. "We should totally duel each other and fight! I bet I would win with my awesome Pikachu!"

"You're on." I said, and we walked outside.

"This'll be so easy!" Johnny said. "Water is weak to Electric, so my Pikachu will win easily!"

We both called our Pokémon out. As soon as my Piplup and Johnny's Pikachu got in a battle position, my watches made a ding sound and there was writing.
    Pikachu(P)SpriteMale.png
    Pikachu, Added To Library.
    I've been studying Piplup for so long; I knew all of his attacks even when he was evolved into Prinplup and Empoleon.

"Piplup, use BubbleBeam!"

"Pikachu, dodge and use Thunder Shock!"

The Pokémon lashed out so fast I couldn't even follow the attacks. Pikachu was too slow to dodge, and so he was thrown back by dozens of bubbles being shot at him. He crashed into Johnny, making him fall back also.

"Get up, Pikachu!" Johnny demanded as he regained his balance. "And then use Thunder Bolt!"

The lightning strike shot at Piplup and the water Pokémon fell back, crashing into a pile of rocks.

Piplup got back up on his feet and I told him to use Bubble. He obeyed, and the water bubbles were very slow, and Pikachu dodged them, striking Piplup with another Thunder Bolt.

Piplup got electrocuted, and he fell back, his eyes turning into black spirals.

"You fought hard, Piplup." I smiled, returning him into his Pokéball.

"Well, we might as well travel together, am I right?" Johnny grinned. "We're going to face the gym leader, right? It would be just as fast if we traveled together. Plus, we can even do team battles with other people who stand in the way!"

"Okay." I agreed. "Let's go."

To Be Continued

Back