The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 490 68.34%
★★★★ 160 22.32%
★★★ 35 4.88%
★★ 5 0.70%
27 3.77%
Voters: 717. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 6th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure

Hack created by Azure

Features

The 386 ~ Obviously since this is a "386 hack" by some names, you will be able to capture and register each individual Pokémon through some method, whether it's via capturing, events or evolutions all Pokémon are obtainable!

Difficulty ~ Since this is a hack is intended to be challenging, the whole difficulty dynamic has been increased with a steep level curve throughout the game.
All boss battles including Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, Rivals and so forth have been edited to be much more of a threat, using a strong AI coupled with tactical movesets these battles are much more of a challenge which will require you to train your Pokémon and stock up on items! The same applies to all other regular trainers throughout the game who will use specific items which will go against your favor!

Extra Tidbits ~ There have been a few extra NPC additions to the game who will help you along the way, some will gift you Eggs, others will sell you useful items to help you throughout your journey, and others will even battle you!

Evolutionary Changes ~ As usual I have change several evolutionary methods which make it much easier for to evolve specific Pokémon that were inaccessible. Some methods such as happiness have been replaced with a simple level evolution or an evolution that is triggered by using a specific elemental stone. You can find all the details on this in the Document compiled with the download!

Abilities ~ Some Pokémon have had their Abilities tweaked or completely changed, the decisions have been based on both feedback and personal opinions. So you can now have a Magneton that will have Levitate as it's ability! Again, these changes can be found with the Documents.

Attack Power & Type Changes ~ There have been a number of attacks that have been changed in terms of Power, PP and/or Accuracy, this applies mainly to those attacks with poor power or accuracy, for example GrassWhistle which originally had an Accuracy of 55 now has an Accuracy of 100.
There have also been several type changes to specific Pokémon that I feel would benefit their stats or attacks, for example Charizard is now Fire/Dragon and can learn several Dragon type moves.

Event Pokémon ~ Those one-off Pokémon including Starters, Legendaries etc have all been implemented as events scattered around Hoenn. You can battle and capture all of these but be careful, you only get once chance! You can refer to the documents for details on their locations.

Miscellaneous Changes ~ There have also been changes to Genders, Movesets, Stats and more, these changes can all be found within the various Documents.

Media

Check out some snapshots from the game!
Spoiler:

Hints & Tips

On Route 117, Triathlete Maria is re-matchable and will use a Blissey which can provide a tremendous amount of experience when training in preparation for a Gym battle! You can also battle Wild Chansey, Wigglytuff and Clefable on Route 115 who give plenty of Experience Points.

Once you've obtained your Fishing Rod from the Fisherman in Dewford Town, try using it on the surrounding earlier Routes and Cities, it will provide you with some useful Water Pokemon early in game rather than waiting to obtain Surf! You can find the locations via the Document too.

You can obtain all Six Elemental Stones (Leaf, Water, Thunder, Fire, Sun & Moon) from the Lady at the beginning of Route 118

You can purchase a handful of helpful Berries from the guy standing in the centre of Mauville City.

Once You've defeated The Elite Four and the Champion, when you make your way to The Battle Frontier make sure you check out some of the houses. In one of the houses that is East of the Pokémon Centre you will be able to Unofficially rematch the Elite Four Members.

Download

Beta 1.41 - Patch & Documents
Alternatively, refer to the attachment below!
Attached Files
File Type: rar Pokemon Expert Emerald Beta 1.41.rar‎ (1.29 MB, 1206 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Azure; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:34 AM. Reason: Beta 1.41 Release!
Old October 9th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Beta released; Length 2 Gyms, feedback & enjoy!

Old October 9th, 2011, 09:01 AM
DaleH771
I know who you are.

I'm surprised no one has replied as of yet. Tbh, I love the look of this! However Firered is more my game. However this idea seems great, Emerald generation games had to be easiest to complete by far.

I'm assuming Wally isn't as much if a Wally anymore and can now break your backside with a new awesome party? Give his party and complete revamp, so no one will predict what he uses B)
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleH771 View Post
I'm surprised no one has replied as of yet. Tbh, I love the look of this! However Firered is more my game. However this idea seems great, Emerald generation games had to be easiest to complete by far.

I'm assuming Wally isn't as much if a Wally anymore and can now break your backside with a new awesome party? Give his party and complete revamp, so no one will predict what he uses B)
Trust me, he's got a whole new mixed team Keeping Gardevour though.. it's traditional!

Old October 11th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Next Beta is out: length 3 Gyms upto Mauville!

Old October 11th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Bidoof
Doof

Im definetely trying this RIGHT now. I'll get back to you after i finish the beta length or find any bugs
Old October 12th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Great, thanks very much, please let me know what could be changed to improve the game i.e difficulty etc. !

Old October 12th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Bidoof
Doof

You know Mr Britneys Cottage? its blocked by a plant you need CUT for. well if you go below it you can walk through the walls via the beach. apparenty stairs used to be there. Just thought i'd let ya know xD

Right now. im preparing my team for the first Gym xD, im having fun with the increased difficulty lol.

Also i liked that ur rival had an extra Skitty... Killed me the First time.. xDD
Old October 12th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

I know, I thought I'd change the map slightly in that area.. just for fun I don't really see the need of the stairs, yeah Skitty will be in her team throughout the game!

Old October 12th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Bidoof
Doof

Lol Darn Cute charm and attract makes skitty just BLEH. xD

Also since its 'Expert' version i think May should maybe have 3 pokemon on the 2nd rival battle. but its just a suggestion xD
Old October 12th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Crimson5M
Please call me Crimson
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quiet

"MR BRINEY: Ah, it's you! Thank you for rescuing me and Peeko!"
Grammar error./SP

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old October 12th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Bidoof
Doof

Needs " I Support " Bars
Old October 12th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Necrono
perfect day.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssj3 Pikachu View Post
Needs " I Support " Bars
Definitely.

On a sidenote: Pikachu's hair looks like bananas. Lots and lots of bananas...
Old October 13th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post

"MR BRINEY: Ah, it's you! Thank you for rescuing me and Peeko!"
Grammar error./SP
Yep, that event is now removed.

Old October 13th, 2011, 05:19 AM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Why does Eevee evolve into Umbreon by level and not by a stone(Moon Stone)?
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Because you can get a Moon Stone early in the game and it was originally challenging to evolve Eevee into Umbreon so I wanted to keep it the same however I will consider lowering the level slightly or using another method if needed.

Old October 13th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Bidoof
Doof

On the 3rd Gym! XD

i got pwned alot at the 2nd Gym. sooo i went through the cave to steven without Flash, went to slateport, beat the lower cycling road rival battle (with 1 pokemon surprisingly xD), beat all those trainers, did the team aqua event, beat trainers on the raod to verdanturf THEN i got the 2nd gym badge wih Blaziken XD

now just getting a team of lvl 30's + lvl 40 Blaziken for the 3rd gym lol.
Old October 13th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Hope it's a challenge for you, it took me SEVERAL trys to beat Wattson and I still haven't beat Flannery, if you think you are overlevelled, just wait till you reach the later Leaders!

Old October 14th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Bidoof
Doof

It is a challenge xD just need type advantages to make it alot easier lol

Lol wattson was Cake once i trained Geodude and he had Magnitude xD

Time is so long cuz i left the game on while i played other games on the PC xD
Old October 14th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Ah right, unfortnuately in my case I had no type advantages to Wattson, thanks for the feedback.
I really need to edit the total stats of some Pokémon i.e Jynx as there was an error making the total stats 1000+ hence why it's so strong so in the next beta hopefully it should return to normal and it will be more of a challenge!

Old October 14th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Bidoof
Doof

I was gonna say... jynx tanked EVERYTHING xD. yea.. i didnt have a type advantage either... i went back to dewfords tunnel and caught a lvl 10 geodude and daycare spammed it lol.

Cant wait for the Next Release :D
Old October 14th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssj3 Pikachu View Post
I was gonna say... jynx tanked EVERYTHING xD. yea.. i didnt have a type advantage either... i went back to dewfords tunnel and caught a lvl 10 geodude and daycare spammed it lol.

Cant wait for the Next Release :D
Well I've fixed that now, some of the Pokémons (mainly flying) total stats have increased, but not dramatically to the likes of 1000! I think I've done a pretty good job with Flannery cos it took me about 20-30 attempts before I beat her, she took me down to 0 Pokédollars :/

Old October 16th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Bidoof
Doof

Oh gee. xD

well i just thought i'd post and say hi and check the thread xD
my Challoween challenge is going good xD
5 badges in 2 days on emerald =]
Old October 27th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Another project similar to FR: Hard version? Pretty cool! Although I would've preferred you to complete the other one first, if you can pull them both off, then why not?

By the looks of the changes and for the sake of longevity I think i'm going to play this when it gets a bit further. Good luck with both your projects, pal!
Old October 28th, 2011, 05:04 PM
bugsy555

It seems like youve put a lot of thought into this instead of just throwing overlevelled pokemon in gym leaders party. Will definitely have a crack at this when its complete. Good luck and good work man.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links