The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:00 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post

Oh. I thought RNG was the same?
Except for breeding, I think you said.
I wish I could play.
It looks like you got your wish for your birthday, mia. I hope to see your friend code for B2W2 shortly. We need to figure out a way to keep this thread and the RNG thread alive. So... question time!

Do you usually trade for mons or just give out gifts to people that deserve them?
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:18 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Do you usually trade for mons or just give out gifts to people that deserve them?
I've collected most of the dex and then some more... multiple times? Haha. I like trading Pokemon with friends. I like having a box+ full of special Pokemon (I always have boxes named favorite, lovely, or sweet!). If I'm offered Pokemon with an unfamiliar OT (or the Pokemon is a duplicate or uninteresting to me in general), I likely don't feel like trading...

This makes me just start giving away Pokemon to deserving people (who have manners). Of course, I can't deal with this with timezones and slowbro posts. Just get on the chatroom and I may be in the giving mood, duh.

@twisted: pfft hidden hollows are so out of town!

Old July 22nd, 2012, 12:54 PM
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Much like Blade I have every Pokemon in existence in my possession so I like to give out special Pokemon in the rare occasions I do actually trade. I also like helping polite people out when they're desperate for a Pokemon!
Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I leech.
Gimme more 'mon.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old July 23rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Livewire
League Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
I do both. I like to giveaway more though. :<
ORAS Release Staff Collab 2014
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:15 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
I leech.
Gimme more 'mon.
Just let me know if you want any other VGC mons <3 I love to give you stuff... damn fatkiss.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I like giving more because my wants are to specific for people to handle them XD

Griffs, just post in our workshop on NB for mons :B

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
Wiilio
Friendly neighborhood fatman

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wiilio Send a message via Skype™ to Wiilio
I give gifts to people that deserve them... and don't deserve them :p I've given away shinies I didn't want anymore to random SPP Wi-Fi'ers, battlers to friends in need... that stuff. I don't like keeping Pokemon I don't use, so if I DO have anything nowadays, it's not for trade. It's for my own use.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King, Jr
Paired with Goo <3
Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Jolly
I would rather give than get, mainly when it comes to pokemon esp. I like being able to be so helpful which is what makes me who I am :]

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:43 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Mac, in my defense, you're not the only one to give me the exact fatkiss. I got one from Blade with the same stats and all. :D

Only reason I leech is cuz I can't RNG still. But hey, sometimes I still breed nice things like that Ludicolo. :D
I love Ludi.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Katniss Everdeen
Just another tribute.

Nature: Serious
Since I can get most of the things I want by myself I love giving out free Pokemon to people that can't.
My mons are pretty much obsolete now. xD

PhasePrimdeviantArtPeetaTrade Thread
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:42 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Nature: Timid
Umm...I randomly give my mons out if I'm feeling generous or pity someone or I just don't care. Mood swings. Gotta love'em. xDDD
Old July 28th, 2012, 07:11 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Have all the veteran traders stopped trading? :<
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:43 PM
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post
Have all the veteran traders stopped trading? :<
Probably, I guess they just get to the point where they do not need trading anymore
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:47 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
Probably, I guess they just get to the point where they do not need trading anymore :(
True. It's still fun once in a whlie for me. :3
Maybe it'll be a little more active when B2W2 come out in EN.
Old July 29th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Wiilio
Friendly neighborhood fatman

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wiilio Send a message via Skype™ to Wiilio
I'd like to propose a new discussion topic, if that's alright. And I think almost everyone here can relate to it.

What's your favorite RNG?

Mine is my Scizor. I RNG'd her shininess, nature, and ability, and that's it (Gen 4). Her IVs came out to be 31/31/31/(26)/30/31 all on their own. So that was pretty cool!
Close second is Starmie. Same story with Scizor, except it was my first flawless (hex flawless at that) breed ever.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King, Jr
Paired with Goo <3
Old July 29th, 2012, 01:22 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiilio View Post
I'd like to propose a new discussion topic, if that's alright. And I think almost everyone here can relate to it.

What's your favorite RNG?

Mine is my Scizor. I RNG'd her shininess, nature, and ability, and that's it (Gen 4). Her IVs came out to be 31/31/31/(26)/30/31 all on their own. So that was pretty cool!
Close second is Starmie. Same story with Scizor, except it was my first flawless (hex flawless at that) breed ever.
My favorite RNG is my shiny Modest HP Electric Eevee from Platinum. My first successful IV RNG in 4th gen. :)
http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=789967
Old July 31st, 2012, 04:30 PM
Dyavin
Beginning Trainer

I'm very new to these forums and also very new to Pokemon trading. I've never really played this games as anything more than a casual romp catching what is available and finishing the elite four and then shelving the game.

I'm starting to learn about the rest of these games that I've never really understood (Such as RNG and EV's and IV's and the GTS, ect)

I've looked into this Pokecheck.org thing, and I have some questions. I'd like to preface this with an apology in case this isn't the right place to be discussing it, or if using that tool is frowned upon here, but here are my questions.

If I upload a number of my own Pokemon from my Pokemon Black game, and then I delete the save file, and then gather them all back onto my new save, will they still have my personal trainer ID, or will they at that point be pokemon obtained from another trainer, and therefore level faster and disobey me if I'm not in possession of certain badges? (In other words, does my cartridge retain my trainer ID after a restarted save file, or is a new Trainer ID created when I do that?)

Also, if I were to use pokecheck.org to obtain other pokemon that I did NOT catch myself, and were uploaded by other players, is there a simple way to ensure that I'm getting real legal pokemon, and not pokemon created by hacking?
Old August 1st, 2012, 06:21 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyavin View Post
I'm very new to these forums and also very new to Pokemon trading. I've never really played this games as anything more than a casual romp catching what is available and finishing the elite four and then shelving the game.

I'm starting to learn about the rest of these games that I've never really understood (Such as RNG and EV's and IV's and the GTS, ect)

I've looked into this Pokecheck.org thing, and I have some questions. I'd like to preface this with an apology in case this isn't the right place to be discussing it, or if using that tool is frowned upon here, but here are my questions.

If I upload a number of my own Pokemon from my Pokemon Black game, and then I delete the save file, and then gather them all back onto my new save, will they still have my personal trainer ID, or will they at that point be pokemon obtained from another trainer, and therefore level faster and disobey me if I'm not in possession of certain badges? (In other words, does my cartridge retain my trainer ID after a restarted save file, or is a new Trainer ID created when I do that?)

Also, if I were to use pokecheck.org to obtain other pokemon that I did NOT catch myself, and were uploaded by other players, is there a simple way to ensure that I'm getting real legal pokemon, and not pokemon created by hacking?
The best you can do with Pokecheck is to check if the Pokemon are legal by using the legality analysis. And each time you start a new game, a new trainer ID is create so Pokemon with your previous trainer ID will be treated as non-native Pokemon.
Old August 1st, 2012, 09:45 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
Probably, I guess they just get to the point where they do not need trading anymore
This..but mostly because trading over wifi is annoying. I'd still happily file trade, but it's not likely anyone needs anything anymore. ;P

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old August 4th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Odd question for a moderator or someone knowledgeable perhaps.

I have a goal of completing my entire Black Pokédex with every single Pokémon from every generation, thus giving me every Pokémon for breeding. I already have all 143 breedable Pokémon registered (or will once I level up the recently traded to me starters) in the Unova region, and have undertaken this new challenge in light of the accomplishment. As a result, someday, I will have every single breedable Pokémon in the game.

When I go to start a Trade Shop someday, do I have to come out and list 20 specific Pokémon for trade? Or would it be sufficient to say I can breed any Pokémon that anyone could want, or provide any Egg move that a bred Pokémon can learn...perhaps list a few samples to start off the store...or do I have to actually have 20 available to be traded at that point before a thread can be started?

I will be trying to carry this into Black 2/White 2 as well since trading can take place back and forth between the originals and sequels. If nothing else, I may keep B/W as my Trade Shop and get some help moving anything not in Unova's sequel over to there. Eventually. Maybe I'll just buy White and use a second DS.

If a mod. could answer this Trade Shop thread question, I'd appreciate it.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 4th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Trade staff will approve your thread if you kick start your thread with a list of at least 20 unique species of Pokemon. After you type out these 20, you can go ahead and mention that you can breed just about anything else if asked. These 20 species don't necessarily need to be "ready to go" - you can definitely list the species and make the babies on request. The more species you list, the more customers you'll attract. If you list out level, nature, attacks, etc, it also helps customers.

We wouldn't approve a shop if the owner ONLY stated "I can breed any Pokémon that anyone could want." It looks like no effort was put in the shop. It really makes us believe that the owner is trading hacked Pokemon or isn't going to stick around for more than one day.

Hope this helps. :D

Old August 5th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
Trade staff will approve your thread if you kick start your thread with a list of at least 20 unique species of Pokemon. After you type out these 20, you can go ahead and mention that you can breed just about anything else if asked. These 20 species don't necessarily need to be "ready to go" - you can definitely list the species and make the babies on request. The more species you list, the more customers you'll attract. If you list out level, nature, attacks, etc, it also helps customers.

We wouldn't approve a shop if the owner ONLY stated "I can breed any Pokémon that anyone could want." It looks like no effort was put in the shop. It really makes us believe that the owner is trading hacked Pokemon or isn't going to stick around for more than one day.

Hope this helps. :D
Hmm, let's see...here for more than one day, check...have all of the items that guarantee an EV stat passdown, check...no hacking, check...yup, I think that's covered. It would be hard for me to pick just 20 to list, as I could literally breed everything once I meet my goal (I'm even getting two Gen. III games to help fill in the gaps including some legendaries, I just have to figure out how to get Jirachi and Deoxys to fully cover the generation, I believe, and already have Mew and Gen. II's Celebi). Since it might make more sense, I would probably instead list everything that's breedable.

That will take a while. LMAO

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 9th, 2012, 03:56 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

I'm offering some free BPs/CPs in my thread if anyone is interested. Need something to do.
Linky in my sig.

Got a hacked Deoxys today. :|
/emocorner
Old August 15th, 2012, 01:41 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

I'm doing more free BP/CP this weekend guys. ;)

Spoiler:
Notice
I will be offering 6 free breeding/capture requests for 5th gen this weekend.
08/17/12 - 08/19/12
6 SPOTS OPEN
The rules for this weekend are a bit different.

• You can ask for anything breedable/catchable (not including legends) in 5th gen only.
• The 'If I have it, I won't do it.' rule does not apply here.
• However, if I feel the request is a waste of time I can and I will reject it.
• All other thread rules apply. One per person.
• Fill out the form completely.
• You can start requesting now and I will put it on the first post.

Enjoy! ~

Check thread for other details/forms.

Sponsored Links