Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Who do you pick?
Archeops 48 53.93%
Carracosta 41 46.07%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Forever
let it go

Back to one vs one.
Which fossil Pokemon do you choose?
You're also free to debate your choice - in fact, it's encouraged! Try and convince other users that your choice REALLY is the best.

As a note, any thread with the [B/W Weekly Poll] prefix now does not count towards the revival rule, so you can revive anything with this prefix, whether it is a sticky or not, as long as there isn't already an active discussion on it.
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥

Last edited by Forever; January 8th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Archeops, I love birds and IMO he's much stronger offensive wise anyhow. Carracosta obviously being defensive. Also just realised Carracosta has a base stat total of 495, Archeops has a base stat total of 567, if you ask me that's quite ridiculous.. it should at least be equal/even.
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I love Carracosta, it kind of reminds me of a Blastoise to an extent. I used it on my first run and have loved it every since. And I am not to worried about Carracosta being primarily defensive when he has 108 BS Attack, and Shell Smash to boot.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old January 8th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
I love Tirtouga but Carracosta is just meh. Archeops is actually one of the few bird Pokémon that I really like.
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Archeops, cos I actually use one on my main team. Mine has Rock Slide, Fly, Earthquake and Acrobatics in his arsenal.

Carracosta is nice but for me, Archeops wins the battle of the Fossils.
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:20 AM
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
I love Carracosta. I always love turtle <3. TBH, I do not see anything special in Archeops
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:23 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Turtle Pokemon ftw!!! Carracosta is an excellent Pokemon. I used it in the Painfully Slow Challenge. Also used it in an emulator B/W playthrough. It may have low speed, but it has very high defense. Also, the low speed can be made up for by Aqua Jet and/or Shell Smash. Oh, yeah, Shell Smash, that's another reason why Carracosta rules. It has access to Shell Smash.
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:24 AM
gvgisdi
Officially addicted to Crystal

Nature: Quiet
Archeops! It resembles Aerodactyl, which is one of my favourite Pokémon. And he looks much better than Carracosta.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Cassino
no

Archeops; I just like early birds and such, yet it's also very powerful...
I have one with Acrobatics, Crunch, AncientPower and Endeavor. Endeavor works well against its negative ability. I could use Rock Slide instead of AncientPower, but I don't want to see that also good sp atk stat go to waste.

Carracosta is... ugly; and I already prefer Relicanth for a defensive rock-water type.

Last edited by Cassino; January 8th, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:56 PM
shinysweety
In it to win it! :D

Nature: Jolly
Archeops, cause when i found out about it, i was like OMG I should have gotten Archeops and not the turtle guy! So yeah.... u get it. xD

Click 'n' Hover~
Wonderful Pair~

Blog~

PC Family~

My Profile~

Theme~
Old January 8th, 2012, 06:52 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
First time I've used all the Pokemon in the poll in battle. xD I love them both, but I voted for Archeops. It was a lot more helpful during in-game battles. The anime also played a big part in me choosing Archen. <3
Old January 8th, 2012, 07:28 PM
echolocated
Yet Another Wolver Clone

Nature: Lax
Carracosta, since he doesn't have a sucky ability, and because I chose his fossil in the ruins since I had no idea what was inside of them
Old January 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Silhouette
For my kingdom
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Carracosta all the way. Reminds me of my first Pokemon, Squirtle... And it just looks awesome.

I've even managed to sweep teams by setting up a substitute, baton passing it to Carra, then Shell Smash-spamming. Pure. Adrenaline.
Silhouette
♥Skullgirls♥
The Consensus
Creative Minds
Theme by me
YouTube
Old January 8th, 2012, 10:49 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like Archeops better than Carracosta because even after seeing its crippling ability, its raw power and Speed are what drew me to it, up to the point when I used it in my Black team.

Old January 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nothing excuses the fact that Archeops is a Defeatist. I have used both, and Carracosta is clearly stronger.
FC: 2148-8142-2372

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old January 9th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Why is Archeops winning this is a travesty

Carracosta is obviously the best. Archeops has ugly clashing colors and looks like he's ragged and doesn't take care of himself. Meanwhile, Carracosta shows how few ***** he gives with his badass expression. He looks sturdy and dependable with Shell Smash to get him into a more fighting mood if he wants to go all-out. And Archeops is lazy! Look at its ability!!

Vote Carracosta 2012
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old January 9th, 2012, 06:39 PM
OrdealByFire
Beginning Trainer

Carracosta. Archeops looks like he should be on a cereal box...
Old January 9th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Halcyon
peace and serenity

Nature: Quirky
Originally, I planned to have Archeops in my team if not for its ability. However, I'm still going to go with Archeops due to its amazing stats and is one of the amazing HM02 Fly users this generation.
White 2 FC: 1206-7028-2268
Pokémon Diamond Team [2nd Run]

Old January 9th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
I really like both but if I had to pick one it would probably have to be Carracosta, has a diverse move pool with Shell Smash to back it up not to mention it takes hits like a tank lol.

Gotta love the high life.
Old January 10th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
I love Tirtouga but Carracosta is just meh. Archeops is actually one of the few bird Pokémon that I really like.
MEH? Now although Archeops has greater stats, there's a lot more reasons to like Carracosta in all of this. ;)

Both Pokémon have a cool design and decent stats/movepool, but Carracosta definitely wins my vote here and for one main reason that tops all. IT'S SIMPLY A TURTLE. Now I don't know about you guys but turtles are amazing! Carracosta just appeals to me more anyway, and they gave him a really nice blue design. Who doesn't love a nice gray color mixed with blue? He's got a simplistic look and although Carracosta looks really bulky compared to his pre-evolution I like it! n_n

& If you haven't seen its shiny sprite, well you're just missing out because it is hawt.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:19 AM
miakalina

Archeops is the obvious winner. :P
Its great in battle and in the anime archen is super cute. :D
Old January 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Ashley182
I.MISS.YOU.

Nature: Adamant
Archeops is the only bird pokemon I like in unova so it appeals to me greatly, especially because it has great stats and movepools aswell.

Although Carracosta's shiny sprite is pretty damn hawt!
Sex in a shell<3
Old January 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
MissDigitalis
Mime Jr.

Archeops is one of my new favorites!

Old January 10th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Typhlosion12
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion12
If there was a dream world ability for Archeops, then sure I would love using it. But it's just so useless with that ability. It just quits basically, I prefer a pokemon that doesn't lower it's stats just because the end is neigh, because the end might be even worse for it. It just gives up instead of putting up a fight.

I don't have a Carracosta on my copy of White, I didn't know about Archeops ability when I chose it.

Side note: I gave my friend a adamant murkrow with fly already on it, he got rid of his Archeops right away because of it's ability and his favorite pokemon is honchkrow anyway.
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:43 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
@TOUJOURS For me personally, I find Archeops much more appealing since I love its colour scheme. The many contrasting colours really attracts my attention unlike Carracosta in which sticks with 3 colours; two blues and white which is boring imo; it hardly sarks any interest and simply doesn't stand out. Plus the shaggyness is the whole 'theme' I think the desginer were going for. It is a bird after all and it has been sleeping for so long of course its gonna have some some bad bed head. At least archeops has hair/feathers. XDDD;

td;lr vote Archeops!
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links