Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?
All The Time...It's all I use! 4 10.53%
Most of the Time..sometimes I like using Weaker Pokemon 4 10.53%
50/50 Pretty Much. 14 36.84%
Very....Very.....Not so much. 12 31.58%
They're to Powerful and Cheap to use, so NEVER! 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 26th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Personally I don't like Jirachi at all D: It had the potential to be cute but was ruined by those annoying tear marks under its eyes :/ And it's horrible to fight competitively!
Old March 28th, 2012, 03:37 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Oh no. I may agree with you on the tear marks, but not on the poor competitive performance. I am using a Jirachi right now on my Sand Stream Tyranitar team, and I am telling. It is a beast! I mean, a really high chance to flinch with Iron Head? An almost sure paralyze with Body Slam? Access to Wish and Protect? Jirachi is as good as any OU pokemon out there.

heatran just beats it.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old March 30th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Huggie
Mewtwo lover :3

Nature: Gentle
Hey there!!! I'd like to joim
Starter pokemon Mewtwo without a nickname please :3
Reason: I may refrain from using them while battling or playing ( except for lugia and mewtwo- I just can't toss them aside ;P ) but I really love them!
WHITE FC: 3997 7172 4686
BLACK FC: 3525 5602 8570
SOULSILVER FC: 2322 3425 7659

Old April 11th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
Hey there!!! I'd like to joim
Starter pokemon Mewtwo without a nickname please :3
Reason: I may refrain from using them while battling or playing ( except for lugia and mewtwo- I just can't toss them aside ;P ) but I really love them!
Welcome to the club!!!

Let's bring this thing back to life, sorry this club went a week of sleep!

New Topic!:
Should Phione be described as a Legendary Pokemon? Why or why not? Have you ever seen it being used in play?
battle server MOD // paired to Sanguine & Synerjee // rival of Denny Hamlin
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:07 PM
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post

New Topic!:
Should Phione be described as a Legendary Pokemon? Why or why not? Have you ever seen it being used in play?
I think it should not because it just looks like a normal pokemon and does not have anything special about it. I have not seen it being used in play. Phione is cute but so forgettable.
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Huggie

Thanks!!! I thought this club was going to be closed down

Phione a legendary?????? Really??? That's teh first time I hear that...no I don't thnk it is a legendary like the others.It is not strong enough and its stats are not high enough. In game I have used it once but it really wasn't something special!

Old April 13th, 2012, 08:58 PM
何贤豪

Hello! I'll be joining this club. It's fine, right?

Name: Rainy Garden of Fire
Partner Pokemon: Zeus the Arceus

So...how about I join the conversation?

I'd say that Phione isn't legendary. It's pretty much because I looked up in a website and it said that it isn't legendary, so I believed that. I don't say that a Pokemon is legendary by its strength or by its appearance. If it's legendary, it's legendary.

And I'll answer questionnaire number 5. Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. The same as Raikou, Suicune and Entei. Right?
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:53 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post

I'd say that Phione isn't legendary. It's pretty much because I looked up in a website and it said that it isn't legendary, so I believed that. I don't say that a Pokemon is legendary by its strength or by its appearance. If it's legendary, it's legendary.

And I'll answer questionnaire number 5. Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. The same as Raikou, Suicune and Entei. Right?
Hi there RGoF! Why did you say Phione is not a legendary? In my view, it is a legendary, desptie stemming from a legendary Pokemon itself. It is seen by many as a legendary. Besides some websites are fan-made, so yeah. Well, we have our own opinions eh?

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old April 14th, 2012, 02:09 AM
何贤豪

Yeah, I think we do have different opinions. Why do you think Phione's a legendary Pokemon, actually? For my opinion on why Phione's NOT a legendary Pokemon...nothing, really. I just read Bulbapedia and there it says that it isn't legendary...and its legendary status has often been disputed (I think that's what the page says). Pokemon (the company) itself said that it isn't legendary (in a game guide), but in a few games, it shares a trait with legendary Pokemon (being banned from the Battle Subway, etc.) But Pokemon.com once said that Phione was legendary, but that was after Pokemon.com said no (they changed the answer). I just believe sources (my source's Bulbapedia). I don't have my own answer.
·Friend Code·My Claims·
Old April 14th, 2012, 04:15 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
I'd like to join please!
Name: ShinySearcher
Partner Pokemon: Kathryn the shiny Shaymin-sky form

Hmm, as for the current topic, I think Phione should be legendary because, it can only be obtained if you have the extremely rare Manaphy, which is certainly legendary. Just my thoughts. I don't think I have any referrals, maybe Sector Revenge, but not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Personally I don't like Jirachi at all D: It had the potential to be cute but was ruined by those annoying tear marks under its eyes :/ And it's horrible to fight competitively!
BACK OFF, YOU CRAZY PERSON!!!!!!!!! JIRACHI IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Last edited by SS01; April 14th, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old April 14th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
I think it should not because it just looks like a normal pokemon and does not have anything special about it. I have not seen it being used in play. Phione is cute but so forgettable.
Its stats is no different than that of Glalie and a tad weaker than Flygon's. So stats-wise it is weakest Legendary Pokemon on the chart.

Quote:
Thanks!!! I thought this club was going to be closed down

Phione a legendary?????? Really??? That's teh first time I hear that...no I don't thnk it is a legendary like the others.It is not strong enough and its stats are not high enough. In game I have used it once but it really wasn't something special!
This club will NEVER shut down

lol first time you heard of it? O.o You know what a Legendary Pokemon represent right? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post

You got the correct answer! Congrats! Website that aren't official are mainly opinionated or could be very well false. So you have to be careful on what you read and believe in, Pokemon or not. Welcome to the club!!

Saying Phione isn't Legendary is something you can argue though. For example, Legendary Pokemon are those you cannot catch anywhere and are rare in a breed. Look at all the others. How often can you come across one and faint it and find another in a wild? You don't, that's why you either capture one to control it or you're stuck without one unless starting over (excluding the trade that is.) Manaphy is no different to those of Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Shaymin/Victini. With that being said, how do you obtain Phione? Only one way realistic. By Manaphy, with a Ditto. Stats doesn't exactly make one a Legendary Pokemon, it's the rarity and how to obtain one.

As for your recent comment about being banned from the Battle Subway? That, also doesn't matter. There are practically two types of Legendary Pokemon. One that are so powerful in every stats, that it's banned from every lower tiers outside of Uber (Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem) along with the cute yet amazing stats of Mew to Victini. And the second set are those of the Trio ones. (Bird Trio, Beast Trio, Golem Trio, Lake Guardian Trio, Kami/Swordsmen Trio) The Trio ones are not realistically banned from the Battle Subway with a few exception. As weak as Phione is, like I stated before, being weak has nothing to do with a Legendary status, it has something to do with the rarity of it. Personally I don't see this relationship to be any different than the Mew/Mewtwo clones, except with a breeding affect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
I'd like to join please!
Name: ShinySearcher
Partner Pokemon: Kathryn the shiny Shaymin-sky form

Hmm, as for the current topic, I think Phione should be legendary because, it can only be obtained if you have the extremely rare Manaphy, which is certainly legendary. Just my thoughts. I don't think I have any referrals, maybe Sector Revenge, but not really.

BACK OFF, YOU CRAZY PERSON!!!!!!!!! JIRACHI IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Ahh I may have to change the main post soon, I'm going to be getting rid of the points system or adjusting it. xD But Welcome!!

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; April 14th, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:46 AM
flubbateios
Woof.

Nature: Docile
Hi :3 I'm joining
Name: flubbateios (prefer to be called flubb)
Partner Pokemon: X-Ray the Rayquaza

Who would you prefer to use for competitive battling and/or as a pet or a friend? Explain your reasoning- Mewtwo vs Arceus
Mewtwo forever . Faster, hits harder don't mess with it.

Which Legendary Pokemon wouldn't you want to mess with?
Mewtwo again lol. in the anime... it hurts

Who would you prefer to use, Groudon vs Kyogre?
Probably Groudon, it's design is so cool, I recently thought of a strategy where I choice scarf Groudon and spam dragon tail :3
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:17 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Quote:
Originally Posted by flubbateios View Post

Who would you prefer to use for competitive battling and/or as a pet or a friend? Explain your reasoning- Mewtwo vs Arceus

Probably Groudon, it's design is so cool, I recently thought of a strategy where I choice scarf Groudon and spam dragon tail :3
Welcome Flubb!

Hmm... I think we need a new topic, I apologize if we've had this before:

Non-legendaries that you believe should be legendary?

Myself, definintely Zoroark/Zorua, IF Phione is not legendary it should be, and probably Volcarona.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flubbateios View Post

Welcome to the club! Mewtwo was just plain badass in Pokemon the Movie. He was like...'the ruler of the world.'
Quote:

Welcome Flubb!

Hmm... I think we need a new topic, I apologize if we've had this before:

Myself, definintely Zoroark/Zorua, IF Phione is not legendary it should be, and probably Volcarona.
Topic was never brought up before. It's brand new!!

How can you say Zorua/Zoroark but not about Riolu/Lucario either? They both have their own movies, and usually it's about nothing but Legendary Pokemon!!

In all honest, the Non-Legendary Pokemon that I believe should be Legendary Pokemon are these:

These Pokemon are fossilize, meaning are suppose to obsolete right? They should have some sort of history of their prior past. It'd make for an interesting storyline and their stats may not prove or match those of real Legendary Pokemon, but neither does Zoroark and Lucario. Also these guys match those cute Legendary Pokemon and I personally, believe that these guys ought to be real Legendary Pokemon rather than Pseudo(Fake) Legendary. I was even thinking at first when creating this club, that these guys should be included within the club because of their Pseudo Legendary status, and it would be really hard to bring up topics just among the 6 Pokemon families:

AND while we're on the topic, let's also include our opinions if should also be considered as a Legendary Pokemon. Heard many questions about it.

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; April 16th, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old April 17th, 2012, 04:18 PM
SS01
#PoC Collab

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="2"]This club is dying
Quote:
AND while we're on the topic, let's also include our opinions if should also be considered as a Legendary Pokemon. Heard many questions about it.

OMG YES YES YES how did I miss that xD

I've got a userbar for us, feel free to use it if you want:

URL: http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/.../userbar13.png

Enjoy! Also, new side-topic: (we're not ready for a full one yet lol)
Legendary Pokemon you think should not be legendary! (other than Phione)
Well, as for myself, all the legendaries are pretty good, I can't think of one really tbh xD

Last edited by SS01; April 17th, 2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old April 17th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
nice userbar,SS!!
Lapras - It's one of very few Pokemon (mostly being legendary Pokemon) that can speak via telepathy. Also exceedingly rare, much to the extent of the legendaries.
Absol - Every time Absol appears before people, it is followed by a disaster such as an earthquake or a tidal wave, which makes it sound powerful like a legendary.
Rotom - Because it has the same battle music as Giratina and Heatran.
Arcanine - Its species is classified as 'Legendary Pokemon' oddly enough.
Lucario, Aerodactyl and Tyranitar
Pairs | VM | PM | Sister | Previously | Skype.

Old April 17th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
[SIZE="2"]This club is dying

OMG YES YES YES how did I miss that xD

I've got a userbar for us, feel free to use it if you want:

URL: http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/.../userbar13.png
Thanks for the userbar! It's been added with the other two! Club isn't dying, it's a little behind on being active lately!

In case for some reason someone reads this and has no idea why I am considering Rotom, how rare and often do you find and capture one in-game? It's rarity is no different than those of the Legendary Pokemon. Find it, capture or faint it once, you'll never find one again in-game. Sound familiar? Not to mention he can change forms, very similar to that of how Deoxys change forms, just different requirements and outcome. Only with a couple extra forms too!
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:04 AM
PokeFreak201306
Pokemon Master

Send a message via Skype™ to PokeFreak201306
Name: PokeFreak201306
Partner Pokemon: Mewtwo

Pokemon Black 2 & Pokemon White 2
October 7th, 2012!!!
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeFreak201306 View Post
Name: PokeFreak201306
Partner Pokemon: Mewtwo

WELCOME! You'll be added shortly!

NEW TOPIC:
What does everyone think about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem? Any disagreement about it? Exciting for the new fusion with the 3 Dragon Trio of Unova?

Personally I really dislike the typing. They should had made it differently from Dragon/Ice. Fire/Ice or Electric/Ice? Well We have an Electric/Ice thanks to one of Rotom's form, but would it be better off having Reshiram or Zekrom's typing instead?

They have mentioned Black/White Kyurem both having their own signature attacks, I remember one being 'Ice Burn' and 'Freeze Shock'. I have a gut feeling they are both Ice type attacks. Or better yet, they should be sort of like Tri-Attack, meaning 'Ice Burn' varies on burn or freezing the opponent, while Black Kyurem's Freeze Shock special move is paralyzing and freezing? What an amazing attack that would be.

How will they cause the fusion? Will they require to hold an item? I probably think they will have to, or better yet go to a location (Like Moss Rock to evolve Leafeon, etc) to have them fused. This is quite interesting. xD

Last edited by Jeff Gordon; April 20th, 2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Oops, Freeze Burn sounded so good though! :(
Old April 20th, 2012, 01:18 PM
PokeFreak201306
Pokemon Master

Quote:
WELCOME! You'll be added shortly!

NEW TOPIC:
What does everyone think about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem? Any disagreement about it? Exciting for the new fusion with the 3 Dragon Trio of Unova?

Personally I really dislike the typing. They should had made it differently from Dragon/Ice. Fire/Ice or Electric/Ice? Well We have an Electric/Ice thanks to one of Rotom's form, but would it be better off having Reshiram or Zekrom's typing instead?

They have mentioned Black/White Kyurem both having their own signature attacks, I remember one being 'Ice Burn' and 'Freeze Shock'. I have a gut feeling they are both Ice type attacks. Or better yet, they should be sort of like Tri-Attack, meaning 'Ice Burn' varies on burn or freezing the opponent, while Black Kyurem's Freeze Shock special move is paralyzing and freezing? What an amazing attack that would be.

How will they cause the fusion? Will they require to hold an item? I probably think they will have to, or better yet go to a location (Like Moss Rock to evolve Leafeon, etc) to have them fused. This is quite interesting. xD
I think those such moves would be amazing and the tri attack sort of think would be great i love all legendaries thats why most of them i have are already lvl 100 lol

4) Who's that Pokemon- 'Because it is able to use every move, there are many scientists who believe that it is the ancestor of all Pokemon.'
MEW :)
October 7th, 2012!!!

Last edited by PokeFreak201306; April 20th, 2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:53 AM
Huggie

Quote:

This club will NEVER shut down

lol first time you heard of it? O.o You know what a Legendary Pokemon represent right? lol
Of cource I know but...it's just that Phione is so weak...and has nothing special! Anyway I wouldn't mind if it is a legendary after all...Hey wait, why a sad face? You want it to close down?

Should be legendary
Rotom --> at first I thought it was a legendary..then I tred to trade a legend for a legend and they told me it's not actually a legendary. I was like " really??!!"
I agree about Lapras...I always have one in my team and it has saved me from many unfortunate events during battles

ABOUT KYUREM
I am quite excited and I really want to use them in battle but there's one thing I cannot understand..Black and white kyurem are actually new pokemon or will they just be combined in any way with zekrom and reshiiram?
Will it be like having two pokemon and poof!! suddenly have just one??? I don't think so

Old April 21st, 2012, 06:19 AM
PokeFreak201306
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Welcome to the club!!!

Let's bring this thing back to life, sorry this club went a week of sleep!

New Topic!:
I think it should be it definetly comes from a legendary pokemon, and im using one in my platinum right now its lvl 64 :D
October 7th, 2012!!!
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:58 AM
GatlingIza
Greetle bust

Nature: Hardy
Ow... im very late can i Join?

Nickname:Gatling
Partner Pokemon:Raikou the Thunder Dog
Topic:Should Phione be described as a Legendary Pokemon? Why or why not? Have you ever seen it being used in play?

Answer: Phione..? i think Phione can described as a Legendary,why? because it's breed from legendary and Phione is one of important sea pokemon.i have Phione at level 50 in my platinum

Topic2:What does everyone think about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem? Any disagreement about it? Exciting for the new fusion with the 3 Dragon Trio of Unova?

Answer: The new Forme give a confusion to us or US. what is God Stone? whould if be Kyurem Body that destroyed? could it be taking a large role at B/W 2.Or the God Stone is using For "God Forme Kyurem" that will consist about the three tao? would it be any disagreement? i don't know.

Off Topic: Sorry for my bad english.

"I Wish that JYNX never appear in the wild of any game!:\
I Wish
JYNX never have any evolution anymore!

AND I wish My signature Cut out because it's UGLY like a
JYNX! :cer_tongue: "

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...84#post7005484

GREAT TOPIC

Last edited by GatlingIza; April 21st, 2012 at 07:15 AM. Reason: I'm Too Lazy!
Old April 21st, 2012, 12:29 PM
BZW Golem
Conspirator~
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BZW Golem
Name: BZWGolem
Partner Pokemon: Mew

and...

1. About Phione
I don't think of it as a legendary for many reasons..
firstly, I even hardly find Manaphy as a legendary.. for some reason its story in any of the games was just so.. normal.
Secondly,you can make as many Phiones from one Manaphy as you want. A legendary should be only one in one game o.0

2. about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem
To be honest, I dislike them. I can't understand how Kyurem can be fused and I hope we get a reall gooood explanation.
The idea itself makes me "wtf!?" >.>

None at the moment, but Mac rules, just saying.
Old April 21st, 2012, 05:16 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZW Golem View Post
Name: BZWGolem
Partner Pokemon: Mew

and...

1. About Phione
I don't think of it as a legendary for many reasons..
firstly, I even hardly find Manaphy as a legendary.. for some reason its story in any of the games was just so.. normal.
Secondly,you can make as many Phiones from one Manaphy as you want. A legendary should be only one in one game
Now why shouldn't Manaphy be a Legendary? I mean, it's rarity is no different than that of Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Shaymin/Victini and they all share the same exact base stats. I never watched the movie of 'The Temple of the Sea' with the storyline focused on May and Manaphy, but base on reading the plot, it doesn't sound to good of a story compare to every other movies. Like I said, I've never seen the movie so I could be wrong. But the Phione idea, is just different. For one, Phione is really weak when comparing to other Legendary Pokemon. Otherwise it would be a completely different story if it was the opposite in base stats between Phione/Manaphy or having an even stronger Phione over Manaphy! My real question about this is:

Why are Mewtwo and Phione before Mew and Manaphy in the Pokedex, if they were created/bred by them? Would their new existence prove to place them AFTER their creator/parents in the Pokedex order? That's what puzzles me the most.

Quote:
ABOUT KYUREM
I am quite excited and I really want to use them in battle but there's one thing I cannot understand..Black and white kyurem are actually new pokemon or will they just be combined in any way with zekrom and reshiiram?
Will it be like having two pokemon and poof!! suddenly have just one??? I don't think so
I wonder that myself. How will the Pokedex read these guys? I have a feeling they are just going to put them in as 'Alternate Forms' just like those of Skymin or Origin Giratina. I really think they should be in a new position of the Pokedex. Like have them be right after Genesect in the Pokedex to be #650 and #651. But doubt it. This new Fusion technique will be very new to everyone and interesting indeed. No one will understand or know how it works until the game releases. But if they are fused together and inseparable, that's a different question. Makes me wonder and really curious on how all this will play out!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here