Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 The disappointments

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old April 13th, 2012 (09:24 PM).
DAMNIT WOMAN
Administrator CSGTEO

Nature: Lax
So as information rushes out about Black 2 and White 2, we find out things that have probably disappointed your image of the games.

What features were you hoping to see, just to have them crushed?

I was hoping for these games to be 3DS titles outright (and given they're not the "third game", why not?!) but admittedly, they're still DSi games so I'm more than happy to snap them up.

I'm sure a fair bunch of you are sad that Pokémon still don't follow you. (Pundits like me were thinking it wouldn't happen anyway.)

Expect that more disappointments will appear over time as more news comes out… and come back here to rant about those, too!
Old April 13th, 2012 (09:34 PM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
I'll have to admit, I'm one of the many who were disappointed to see that the following feature was not brought into the games. However, I was expecting this to be likely, so I wasn't too disappointed.

Another thing I would have liked, was for contests to be brought back. & Instead it looks like we have a movie film business thing going on, which only looks slightly more interesting than Musicals.

I'm sure there were some slight disappointments I could pick up so far, but these are the only two that I would say bothers me the most? I could be forgetting something, but as more news comes along I'll just see.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 13th, 2012 (09:34 PM).

Not being 3DS titles is my only major chagrin; Crystal was on the GBC in its time, not to mention that the DS is about eight years old.
Old April 13th, 2012 (09:35 PM).
Tonight!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
I'm definitely disappointed about it not being on the 3DS, especially after I purchased one thinking that the next games to come out would be on it. GF was one of the first companies to receive development tools for the system and they were bragging about doing great things with it.
I know they'll eventually be on there, but yeah.

It's a little hard to determine what i'm disappointed about at the moment about the games, but i'd have to say that the male character, though that's another thread.
I would have liked to see pokemon following me again, but it's not really hurting my thoughts on B2/W2.
Old April 13th, 2012 (09:41 PM).
Dragon at heart
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
I'm disappointed that there aren't 3DS exclusive features- it'd be awesome to see the Hiougi Town lookout in 3D, but if they don't improve the C-Gear, I'll be sad.

Oh and that red in the Pokedex is ugly js

Do the best with whatever you can today.
Then tomorrow, you will have surely progressed.

Super Mario 3D World - Double Cherry Pass
- kiwi6 is not working, will fix this when service returns -
Old April 13th, 2012 (09:48 PM).
Maybe she's born with it
Silver Tier

Nature: Naive
I'm kind of glad they didn't bring back the Pokemon following you feature. If they keep using it, the feature just won't feel special anymore. The only disappointment for me so far is that they replaced Professor Juniper.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old April 13th, 2012 (09:49 PM).
let it go
Crystal TierEO

I'm disappointed there's old Pokemon back in Unova. I'm sick of them, I want just Unova Pokemon! But otherwise everything is pretty good for me. :)
Old April 13th, 2012 (10:10 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Eevee. Legit, that's my main disappointment over this entire game. Like, I HATE that they brought that little gremlin back. I do wish that they don't add TOO many of the old Pokemon into the game, but, of course knowing them, they will (For crying out loud, Metagross is what, #252 in the dex?).

"We've restored your Pokémon to full health.
We hope to see you again!"
Old April 13th, 2012 (10:16 PM).
Hoenn in 3D!
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Team Fail:
I'm disappointed that there aren't 3DS exclusive features- it'd be awesome to see the Hiougi Town lookout in 3D,
I know right? Wasn't something said about the Company or something wanting to keep DS owners in mind a little longer yet also show off with the 3DS or something(don't quote me)?

Might have missread something somewhere but I think this would have been a perfect opportunity to add in some 3DS exclusive features while still keeping them mainly DS games. If these are going to be the last games of gen 5, mixing 3(DS) would have been a nice way to go out 'with a bang'.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
Old April 13th, 2012 (10:22 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Can't say I'm too disappointed with much right now. Its going pretty much how I've pictured since the revealing of the two Kyurem Forms and the Sequel status. Gotta say I'm impressed with some of the changes. Still early though.
Old April 13th, 2012 (10:42 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Forever:
I'm disappointed there's old Pokemon back in Unova. I'm sick of them, I want just Unova Pokemon! But otherwise everything is pretty good for me.
Pretty much this^. Even if it is a fan service move to quell peoples complaining about how there is no old pokemon(prior to getting past Elite Four & N Castle) I still don't think they should have went through with it. There is going to be complaining regardless. If they want to have old pokemon in every aspect play the other games or wait post main story, or have someone trade you them. Too me it detracts from the uniqueness & freshness that BW established with no old pokes within the main story.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old April 13th, 2012 (11:21 PM).
Legen- wait for it...
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
The region map. WHAT HAPPENED TO EVERYONE IN THE NORTH AND EAST? ARE THEY FROZEN? WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE.

Yeah.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old April 13th, 2012 (11:54 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
My only disappointment so far is the design of the male character, particularly his hair. I seriously thought that he was the female character, until the scan was fully revealed.

Old April 14th, 2012 (03:52 AM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

The only problem I have currently is as stated previously there is no follow-me feature returning, this would look great in these games but other than that there are no problems so far.
Old April 14th, 2012 (03:56 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
What I'm mainly disappointed at right now is that it doesn't really seem too much like a new game. The pallets and tiles (idk what would be the right word to use) don't look much different, I was expecting some sort of revamp. But right now it just looks like Black and White with extra cities and features. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still very excited and will be buying both for sure!

Old April 14th, 2012 (05:58 AM).
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Quote originally posted by Forever:
I'm disappointed there's old Pokemon back in Unova. I'm sick of them, I want just Unova Pokemon! But otherwise everything is pretty good for me.
I think only have unova Pokemon is why most people hate them. They got sick of the unova ones since there was not a good selection. It was fine for the first BW but i'm glad they added new ones like Eevee and stuff

Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
My only disappointment so far is the design of the male character, particularly his hair. I seriously thought that he was the female character, until the scan was fully revealed.
Whats wrong with his hair? I have seen people with that kind of hair. Not sure why people think its odd
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:51 AM).
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN.
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
I'd say the male character except I don't really give a rip what he looks like since I always choose the girl.

I don't like that a good part of the region is gone.

There are certain Pokemon families (the one ending in "chu" being the worst, but also many of the old dog-based Pokemon as well) that if they do show up in the Unova Pokedex, I will not be a happy camper.

On the other hand, if certain other species don't show up (Meowth line and Flygon line in particular) I'll be disappointed at their absence.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old April 14th, 2012 (09:49 AM).
  
Crystal Tier

I'm only happy that the games aren't on 3DS because I haven't picked up a 3DS yet. xD
Seems to me like their saving their new 3DS Pokémon engine for the Generation III remakes?

Otherwise, like many others, the Follow Me feature is my main disappointment. I really wanted to see 5th Generation Pokémon behind me. If anything, I hope Game Freak has chosen to hide that feature in the screenshots, as a cruel teaser. >.>

For the most part, I expected a lot less from these games. I wasn't expecting them to be in the future of their prequels, or have to have new characters, new places, etc. I'm hyped!
Old April 14th, 2012 (09:54 AM).
Gold Tier

Im dissapointed as well in the fact that old Pokemon are back, I feel this would make people sideline 5th gen Pokemon in favor of older ones. Thats really my only complaint.
Old April 14th, 2012 (10:00 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
To be honest, I'm not disappointed about anything yet, and I've a feeling I won't be. The fact that we get sequels, after over ten years without them (RBY > GSC), I'm ecstatic. The fact that GSC were sequels to RBY kinda set that in my mind, and so I was disappointed when RSE didn't continue the Tohjo storyline. While Unova is unrelated to Tohjo, I don't care, I'm delighted that they're sequels full stop. I also don't care that they're not 3DS titles, seeing as I haven't got a 3DS and have neither the means nor desire to buy one any time soon.

This one's called 'Blue', and it's very Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old April 14th, 2012 (10:22 AM).
mmm gurl that 90s
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
I'm not disappointed! In fact, I'm really looking forward to this as now I'm starting to like the "Unova-crappy-style" Pokémon and then they add in old Pokés OMGOMGOMGOMG And the 3DS thing is fine with me because that gives me more time to get money together and buy one

The only thing is that I'm afraid it's gonna be a huge letdown. But let's not talk about that.

Old April 14th, 2012 (11:03 AM).
Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!

Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
Same here ;; Really, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the male character: "oh, so we can't play as the boy?......WHAT?!"

If we really couldn't play as the male character, there would be riots going around right now.

......What are you staring at?
Old April 14th, 2012 (11:23 AM).
Fictional Writer.

I am really glad it isn't 3DS. I didn't want to have to buy a 3DS just to play them exspecly sense i just for DSiXL last year right before the BW came out. I am not really disappointed in anything. I am really intersted in the cops blocking the persons path in Nimbasa thought. I wish the following feature had come back,but it didn't really matter one way or the other.

I didn't like that there is only 1 main Rival that we know of. And I am kinda mad becaus ethey went back to the girly girl look on the female after haveing the other girl in BW
Old April 14th, 2012 (12:27 PM).
<3
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
Not disappointed about anything aside from the male hero design. I'm glad there will be old pokes in, glad it's on DS (I don't own a 3DS), glad there's no follow feature. But seriously, the male hero just seems to get less and less manly with each generation, while the female gets more and more girly (I just might end up using the female, and I never do). Moar Kanto plz.

Old April 14th, 2012 (01:17 PM).
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Quote originally posted by WasSollDas:
Same here ;; Really, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the male character: "oh, so we can't play as the boy?......WHAT?!"

If we really couldn't play as the male character, there would be riots going around right now.
So boys always have to have short is that what your all saying?

Sponsored Links