Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old May 1st, 2012 (01:33 AM).
Captain Fabio
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Cello:
Personally I feel like it's the only option they have. These are sequels, and if we're playing as the same trainers we've already beaten the Unova gym leaders.
I agree with the above quote.
I think that if they are trying to make a version 1.5 of it, but slapping a 2 on instead, it needs to be from different angles to be convincing.
Old May 1st, 2012 (06:44 PM).
Forever
let it go

Wolf suggested something about protags that made me think... perhaps Homika/Shizui's teams can be version exclusive. So in Black, Homika has Venipede, while in White, she has Trubbish! And they just go like that with each parallel. Might be a nice twist!
Old May 1st, 2012 (07:00 PM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
^ That would be cool as heck! Like, Koffing in one version, and Grimer in the other! That'd be sweet. I'd definitely be excited for that.
Shizui could also have one form of Basulin in one version, and then the other form in the other version!
Now I want this to happen. Make this happen. ;;
#427 Buneary
Supporter Collab January 2015
babies l blog
Old May 1st, 2012 (08:01 PM).
Quixote
Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Relaxed
I think they are going to move Brycen as well. He didn't really seem to "fit" with everyone. Maybe he's off researching Kyurem?
Old May 1st, 2012 (08:07 PM).
Forever
let it go

Oh awesome, Basculin forms per version would make more sense than throwing anything together. Maybe Ducklett and Wingull - with each game concentrating more on the present or past aka new Pokemon or just Unova Polemon for the gym leaders.

And about Brycen yeah that could be logical and replace him with a new ice leader.
Old May 2nd, 2012 (02:20 PM).
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Quixote:
I think they are going to move Brycen as well. He didn't really seem to "fit" with everyone. Maybe he's off researching Kyurem?
Once you think about it your right even though brycen did lead you to the dragonspiral tower i feel that his character was not developed enoughother than being a very softspoken moviestar(a girl said it in town)

Thats another thing i would like to the characters not just the gym leaders developed even more
For example if Homika is the rebellious daughter of janine
Old May 2nd, 2012 (03:53 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm starting to think that Brycen might be replaced and made into an E4 (seeing how every odd gen has had an ice e4) so maybe the new gym leader could be a steel or possibly a rock gym to go with the DragonSpiral tower being a ruin.
Old May 2nd, 2012 (04:42 PM).
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
!!!!just had an idea!!!!
What if they moved the Dragon gym to Icirrus, where I think it belongs, and then the Opelucid gym would be split-If you play Black, it would be Dark type,(because dark is black) and if you play White, it would be...Psychic? Or Fire? Those are bright types. And later you could battle the other one.
Old May 4th, 2012 (03:28 PM).
Community Supporter

^ I like that idea, but what would cause Opelucid's gym to move to Icirrus?
I would like a dual type gym with dark, and psychic type gym leader twins.
Old May 4th, 2012 (03:40 PM).
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I would like a dual type gym with dark, and psychic type gym leader twins.
Probably because there's Dragonspiral Tower and Druddigon is also found there. Though if the Dragon type Gym Leaders moved over to Icirrus, they'd better have more Dragon types appear in the wild. :B

Oh and I'd like to see a split between a Electric/Fire gym for Opelucid. Considering Chili may start his own separate Fire type Gym (if followed by anime); it also goes along with the red/blue scheme.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 4th, 2012 (05:26 PM).
Forever
let it go

Maybe because at that time it was too close to Lacunosa and the ice build up, isntead of the snow build-up was detrimental to the dragon Pokemon so they moved to the next closest place?
Old May 5th, 2012 (02:00 AM).
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Guys Icirrus City is undeniably icy during winter. Puddles frozen over, snow covering the city everywhere, I mean it felt really fitting for its name. Granted this season only happens thrice momentarily but I coincidentally reached Icirrus City during that season in-game so I had no qualms about it not being too Ice-type related. I guess Dragon-type in it would be okay 'cause you guys stated good reasons but I had no problem with the local Gym's Ice-typing.

Also I want the idea of version exclusive Pokémon for each Gym Leader to become a reality so much. And Opelucid City getting a Fire/Electric split would be neat but they would probably do it across versions and not in both. Still interesting if they do the imo probable!
Old May 5th, 2012 (05:33 AM).
wombateiro
Trainer

I think there still will be ice gym in Icirrus. That would make even more sense in B2/W2. If you look at "frozen" Unova map, Icirrus has something to do with ice. So, I think in Icirrus, we might learn about Kyurem being powerful ice-type who caused Icirrus to have snowy environment during the whole year - that would make Icirrus being snowy regardless of in which season player arrives there. In post game, after Kyurem's ice is gone, Icirrus would go back to it's normal seasonal environment.
Old May 5th, 2012 (05:41 AM).
Community Supporter

I too think that the ice gym will stick in Icirrus even though I'm not all that sure Brycen will still be the gym leader. Personally I'll like him to move up to the E4, and get a new gym leader, perhaps a girl so that our number of ice gym leaders will be even by gender.
Old May 5th, 2012 (05:53 AM).
Kaori
tragedy

Quote originally posted by wombateiro:
I think there still will be ice gym in Icirrus. That would make even more sense in B2/W2. If you look at "frozen" Unova map, Icirrus has something to do with ice. So, I think in Icirrus, we might learn about Kyurem being powerful ice-type who caused Icirrus to have snowy environment during the whole year - that would make Icirrus being snowy regardless of in which season player arrives there. In post game, after Kyurem's ice is gone, Icirrus would go back to it's normal seasonal environment.
True, I don't really think GF will move Brycen over anywhere else. To be honest, none of the gyms need to move desperately. I'm fine with where the gyms are placed, but I'd like for Icirrus to have more icy effects like you mentioned with Kyurem and all.

Old May 5th, 2012 (06:39 AM).
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
The reason that I thought that Opelucid should have a dark/psychic split is because those are typically the dark and light types so the gym design wouldn't technically have to be changed, as it focuses on black and white, and plus it goes with the split theme of the city.
Old May 5th, 2012 (09:50 AM).
wombateiro
Trainer

Quote originally posted by Zayphora:
The reason that I thought that Opelucid should have a dark/psychic split is because those are typically the dark and light types so the gym design wouldn't technically have to be changed, as it focuses on black and white, and plus it goes with the split theme of the city.
I doubt Opelucid Gym will have another type. I think dragon gym will have connection to Kyurem's dragon typing, the same like ice gym in Icirrus will have connection to Kyurem's ice typing. Also, Black Opelucid is fitting to Black Kyurem's electricity (modern energy) and White Opelucid is fitting to White Kyurem's fire (ancient energy).
Old May 5th, 2012 (11:26 AM).
Father Time
Beginning Trainer

Almost positive we will see another Steel type gym.

But where would it be? I don't know, I'm sure they are expanding the region anyways. So probably in a newer city. Probably be a male too.
Old May 5th, 2012 (11:56 AM).
RudeStyle
It's A Hard Life

Nature: Timid
The poison Gym leader has a koffing/weezing.

They have been guaranteed to be in the new game.

We can't predict.

White friend code: 1635-8053-6930
Old May 5th, 2012 (03:44 PM).
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

Based on the trailer, I think it's safe to say there's some new Gyms, or at least revamped Gyms. Or, maybe both. :D
Old May 5th, 2012 (10:30 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by Father Time:

But where would it be? I don't know, I'm sure they are expanding the region anyways. So probably in a newer city. Probably be a male too.
In that steel area we saw uhhh last week! I'd want it to be a female, though, so it relates back to Johto and there are too many men who have ground/rock etc those type of gyms. :(
Old May 6th, 2012 (12:15 AM).
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Oh right there was that steely area that kinda felt like an industrialized Driftveil City of sorts, it's likely they will place a Steel-type Gym Leader there. Very unlikely for that person to be female but I would love another take on the Jasmine character. I liked Jasmine the most out of the Johto Gym Leaders and also among the Steel-type Gym Leaders, so if they make a female one that's just as awesome, I might just have a new favourite.

If Opelucid does change type, it could be Ice to fit with Kyurem, or Fire/Electric depending on the version. I don't think they'll make Opelucid a gray area at all. After all, the titles are still named Black and White-- they're simply numbered sequels. Although what would have happened to Iris and Drayden, I don't know.
Old May 6th, 2012 (12:17 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
If they're still splitting Opelucid up with each game, I can't see them getting rid of one and having the same leader for both. But what I can see is Drayden retiring, and getting a new Dragon-type leader to replace him along with Iris. :3

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old May 6th, 2012 (06:09 AM).
Kaori
tragedy

Quote originally posted by Forever:

In that steel area we saw uhhh last week! I'd want it to be a female, though, so it relates back to Johto and there are too many men who have ground/rock etc those type of gyms. :(
Agreed. For once I'd like to see a female Gym Leader who's hardcore like Maylene, but just not with the Fighting types. Steel would be great though.

@Toujours ; I could see Drayden retiring, but I hope he still has a placement in the game and storyline. He did give us information about Zekrom and Reshiram and you would think after two years, he'd have known more about dragons like Kyurem.

Old May 6th, 2012 (12:23 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Quixote:
"Fit" with everyone?

I'm starting to think that Brycen might be replaced and made into an E4 (seeing how every odd gen has had an ice e4) so maybe the new gym leader could be a steel or possibly a rock gym to go with the DragonSpiral tower being a ruin.
Brycen be promoted sure is a possibility, but I don't see Dragon Spiral as ruins. And if they wanted something in the area to draw back to Rock or Steel gym they could just use Twist Mountain Mining.

Quote originally posted by Father Time:

I'm hoping for a still gym as well.

I have a feeling it may be in Driftveil or maybe Burgh was either replaced or relocated, because he didn't feel in place at Castelia.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links