Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 16th, 2012 (08:09 AM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
^ Precisely. Want to beat Clay? Grab any generic Grass type and hit him with a Vine Whip. Skyla? Use a Volt Switch. Drayden/Iris? Ice Beam the heck out of them with a Vanillish.
I would just like the new Gym Leaders to be somewhat of a challenge. I mean, that's what they're SUPPOSED to be. An intimidating Gym Leader is something that everyone should feel when going up against one! D: I mean they're ACES at what they do, not novices. So hopefully, whether or not they're low leveled, the new Gym Leaders are at least tough for the spot they are at.
#427 Buneary
Supporter Collab January 2015
babies l blog
Old May 16th, 2012 (11:34 AM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Looks like Artie is the third Gym Leader. The third badge place looks like it would fit the Insect Badge:

Old May 16th, 2012 (12:06 PM).
Esper

Quote originally posted by Bluerang1:
Looks like Artie is the third Gym Leader. The third badge place looks like it would fit the Insect Badge:

Isn't the Insect Badge a little narrower at the bottom?

That one in the image looks more evenly oval shaped. New badge/gym leader?

deviantart blog pair
Old May 16th, 2012 (12:15 PM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Scarf:
Isn't the Insect Badge a little narrower at the bottom?

That one in the image looks more evenly oval shaped. New badge/gym leader?
Yeah, I don't think it's going to be the Insect Badge. I mean, sure there could be a way to get to Castelia early via boat, but I just don't feel that it's going to be the third Gym again, if at all. The second Badge has to be Homika's. Look at it! It reminds me of nothing BUT Poison!
#427 Buneary
babies l blog
Old May 16th, 2012 (01:32 PM).
Korsola
エレクトロニック

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I'm actually shocked, if that is Elesa (and I think she is) then she's the first one in Pokemon history to dye her hair...though I like it better the way it is now, it looks cute :3
Yes, Brycen's back. Now we just need an fire gym leader so we can have Electric, Ice and Fire
I agree, she does looks cute! She seems to be a lot more mature and more tough than her previous look which makes me like her even more than I did before. It was such a shock seeing the change in the trailer lol.

I imagine her being one of the later gym leaders (7th or 8th) because of the majestic stage that she's on and the increase of fans.
Old May 16th, 2012 (01:43 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Korsola:
I agree, she does looks cute! She seems to be a lot more mature and more tough than her previous look which makes me like her even more than I did before. It was such a shock seeing the change in the trailer lol.

I imagine her being one of the later gym leaders (7th or 8th) because of the majestic stage that she's on and the increase of fans.
Someone said she is still Nimbasa's Gym Leader. It seems to go in the New Starter City, new town with Cheren's gym, new port City, Castella City, Nimbasa. From there I'm guessing you can actually choose which way you wanna go other wise thanks to the map we may be going in same city order.

I haven't seen anything to say differently yet.
Old May 16th, 2012 (01:52 PM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

So you receive the badge outside? either that or that's how the interior of the Gym looks.
Also I can't really figure out how the second badge looks like, maybe a purple poisonous tail?
Old May 16th, 2012 (02:39 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Scarf:
I still think that since he was mentioned and specifically not called a gym leader that means he isn't one.

I'm glad we're having some returning gym leaders though. It makes the most sense story-wise for some of them to stick around and some of them to change.
That's what I was feeling like they were trying to indicate. Yeah and especially since two years isn't really that much.

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
In the anime trailer for B2W2 Elesa appeared as an Electric type gym leader with brunette hair next to her Zebstrika, I wonder does this mean she is still a leader? After all she was quite difficult and Nibasa City is still part of the storyline, I'd like to see how she'd look in game with darker hair.
I would assume so since the Bolt Badge was in the background when she was on the stage.

Quote originally posted by Jellicent♀:
I love Elesa's new look so much! Like, I honestly didn't like a thing about her in Black and White but now she looks so cool! With her being a model you can only expect her to color her hair and whatnot.

I'm still rooting for Brycen to be a Gym Leader still, and then him making movies will just be a hobby or something.
Fantina took part in Contests and doubled as a Gym Leader so I don't see why Brycen couldn't do the same. Although the contest area was located in Hearthome... Then again Giovanni was a Gym Leader and the Head of Team Rocket so he balanced his position with his syndicate.

Quote originally posted by Requility:
You know what's disappointing? The fact that from the looks of it, she has exactly the same team.
Quote originally posted by Bluerang1:

Eh doesn't look like Burgh badge too me like Scarf said.

I get the feeling she will be more around the line of 5th or 6th rather then that late. She was also shown on a stage with fans cheering for her earlier in the Anime series when Ash faced her, so I dunno if that is much of an indicator. And her Gym was already pretty amazing as it was a theme park theme.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 16th, 2012 (02:57 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:

So you receive the badge outside? either that or that's how the interior of the Gym looks.
Also I can't really figure out how the second badge looks like, maybe a purple poisonous tail?
To me it look like it might be a stack of Koffing over each other with one on top with a giant X...
I think Elesa will be around 5,6, or 7th if she does keep her spot as gym leader (I'm hoping she does).
Old May 16th, 2012 (03:08 PM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

@Kenshin: Well that's true. Who knows, he may have closed his gym for a wee bit and doesn't come back until you see him at Pokewood. Like a little side story kind of deal. Maybe he fails and returns home?
#427 Buneary
babies l blog
Old May 16th, 2012 (04:22 PM).
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
The top of Homika's badge looks like a skull-and-crossbones. Maybe the round things are bubbles or something.

Hoping that burgh leaves. HE WAS BORINGGGGG and a honey addict.
Old May 16th, 2012 (05:05 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Zayphora:
The top of Homika's badge looks like a skull-and-crossbones. Maybe the round things are bubbles or something.
Quote originally posted by Zayphora:

Hoping that burgh leaves. HE WAS BORINGGGGG and a honey addict.
I agree, he was my least favorite out of the group...and didn't seem as interesting as the rest of the gym leaders, even less so than Drayden...so I won't miss him if he's gone.
Old May 16th, 2012 (05:51 PM).
Forever
let it go

Someone will probably replace Burgh. Consider that three gym leaders are replaced, we can hope that Burgh was one of those replaced :x
Old May 16th, 2012 (07:47 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I guess I am the only one that liked Burgh )=. I hope he comes back, his team set up couldn't be any worse then Elesa with the two Emolga... I also heard a rumor that he relocates to Nacrene and starts an art studio their, so maybe his studio doubles as a gym(pending the rumor has any validity to it). Kind of like the one with Stevia the grass leader which I have yet to hear any more about.

One thing I am hoping with the gym leaders is involvement like the last game. Almost all of them had interaction one way or another with Team Plasma. Give me that and some.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 16th, 2012 (08:06 PM).
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

Don't worry Kenshin5 you ain't alone. I liked Burgh, just not his Gym. Just how many Gym Leaders relocated!? Even if it is a rumor I can see how it's believable. I heard another rumor that Burgh painted models such as Elesa so (no shipping please :\)... maybe their locations are near each other? So how would Burgh's team change? From naturey to artist? Wait... could he have a Smeargle now?

We definitely need Gym Leader and Plasma/Evil Team interaction again. Actually, I just want some random Gym Leader to break up the Evil Teams but... that's getting off-topic so STICK TO THE THREAD.
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!
Old May 16th, 2012 (09:16 PM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Someone will probably replace Burgh. Consider that three gym leaders are replaced, we can hope that Burgh was one of those replaced :x
Better be replaced. I couldn't stand him. He sucked so hard, and he seemed kind of full of himself. That, and if he were to return, I doubt he'd get a Smeargle. As much sense as it would make, I don't see it happening.
#427 Buneary
babies l blog
Old May 16th, 2012 (09:18 PM).
Livewire
The Young Wolf

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
I hope so. That way we can replace Burgh with a Dark type Gym Leader. :DDD

HOUSE STARK
BS | D&D | PM | VM
Old May 17th, 2012 (01:44 AM).
Korsola
エレクトロニック

Nature: Jolly
Does anyone else get the feeling that Akuroma may be a possible new gym leader or even an elite four? In one of the trailers that came out to showcase the games showed him walking onto the World Tournament stage to face your character. From the information that we have gotten so far, only the best of the best can enter.

Maybe he's the first dark gym leader that everyone has been hoping for? :D
Old May 17th, 2012 (02:04 AM).
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
From the trailer you can see Cheren with his Stoutland. I wonder if these means that after the Elite Four, we will indeed be able to re-battle him and the rest of the Gym Leaders? If so, that'll be great. I'm not even sure why Black and White never brought gym rematches back.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 17th, 2012 (03:39 AM).
Forever
let it go

Most likely, or maybe it's just assumed later on that he'll have a Stoutland in the games and just begin with Lillipup and Patrat? I hope not. :(
Old May 17th, 2012 (04:55 AM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

I'm sure in these games the Gym leaders would be re-matchable... they missed it out in BW so surely they'll include it in these games.
Old May 17th, 2012 (05:35 AM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Gym rematches would be awesome. D:
Maybe the Unova Gym Leaders are also included participants in the World Tournament! o3o
That'd be nifty. That way we could see the Gym Leaders with improved teams. *COUGH*ELESA*COUGH*
#427 Buneary
babies l blog
Old May 17th, 2012 (12:19 PM).
Esper

To me it seems like this is how things stand right now.

Cilan/Chili/Cress - Gone because of the existence of a Water-type gym. Also, their town is under the ice and/or looks like it's a post-game area.
Lenora - Gone as Cheren is now giving out the Basic Badge. Also, her town is under the ice like above.
Burgh - ?
Elesa - Almost certainly confirmed still a gym leader from the trailer.
Clay - ?
Skyla - ?
Brycen - Gone so he could be an actor in Pokewood.
Iris/Drayden - ?

Since we only have 3 confirmed new gym leaders and only three previous gyms who we have any reason to suspect won't be returning in their same roles I don't think we have any reason to expect any of the rest will change. Not yet anyway.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Akuroma may be a possible new gym leader or even an elite four? In one of the trailers that came out to showcase the games showed him walking onto the World Tournament stage to face your character. From the information that we have gotten so far, only the best of the best can enter.

Maybe he's the first dark gym leader that everyone has been hoping for? :D
Akuroma could be a Dark-type user. The Dark type in Japanese is 'aku' so there's already that connection.

deviantart blog pair
Old May 17th, 2012 (12:26 PM).
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
That's interesting...but isn't he described as a researcher?
Old May 17th, 2012 (01:41 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Brycen, they don't say he ONLY participates in the Pokewood. For all we know that could be the in game event that shows off the Pokewood feature and Brycen later returns to his Gym.

As for The triplets, they weren't a type specific Gym, Shizui wouldn't really prove they aren't in the game as Gym Leaders, they could still exist as a Triple/Rotation Battle Gym.

Lenora is the only confirmed Gym Leader that isn't running a Gym. (At least all we know is that she won't be running a Normal Type Gym if she is still a Gym Leader)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links