The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Forever
let it go

So as you know, the Unova dex has extended to more than just Unova Pokemon.

What I'm wondering is with the extended dex, do you intend to catch all in the regional dex, or maybe to keep true to the games beforehand - only the Unova Pokemon? Or do you think that there's just too many Pokemon in the regional dex to bother "catching 'em all"? Share your intentions!
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:47 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
I'm going to try and fill up the regional dex as best as I can. To be honest it could get pretty easy if you obtain the few Pokémon that appear every route, since there are only so many in each. Definitely not even considering capturing only Unova Pokémon, that would suck. If these sequels didn't include previous gen Pokémon I would get tired of seeing just the 5th generation Pokés.

There is a lot of Pokémon but, who knows maybe I can get far with this. /motivated

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:17 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'm going to catch every Pokémon that I see that I don't have. I'll probably play it so excessively that I'll finish the National Dex in two weeks like I did with B/W. It would be foolish to only catch Unova Pokémon.
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:26 AM
Zephele
✧ leave it to me!

I'll try and catch all the Pokemon in the regional dex as I go along, Unova-native or not. Sure, it might slow the pace I get through the game down to a crawl, especially with the new additions, but it's something I've never successfully done before, so why not.
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:29 AM
CyanFlame
Gotta get the sauce

Nature: Jolly
It's easy to fill it up if you use a previous game (PokeTransfer) so hopefully they will keep that feature.

Old May 1st, 2012, 03:46 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
I personally never bothered, ever. I was so close to filling up 151 in Yellow and the game crashed and I lost everything.

I know these games keep data for a very long time, but I've personally never been motivated to complete my dex since. Even when it's simple enough to do; say, with the regional dex. Going as far as completing the National Dex? Hopeless.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:17 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Hahahahahahaha, no. I've never tried to complete any of the PokeDexes I've been 'given' over the years, and I have no intention of starting now. Catching piddly Patrats and other such stuff only to box has never really interested me.
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:24 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Heck naw. As much as I love most of the Unova Pokemon, I have no intention of giving myself such an annoying task as that. I'll catch the Pokemon I like, but I never had the attention span long enough to do such a thing as fill the entire Pokedex.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:41 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Don't know yet. My policy is to catch every Pokemon in-game that I don't outright hate in the course of my travels (and there's at least one announced non-Unovan Pokemon "family" that falls into my "hate" category), but as far as evolving/breeding Pokemon and going back to catch the ones I do hate, that's going to be another matter entirely. That, and the fact that transferring Pokemon is only one-way, since I'm not too keen on transferring Pokemon over from Platinum (the last game where I DO have a full Pokedex and I'd like to keep my critters in that game), and it's doubtful I'll even go for legendary/event Pokemon not in the game itself.

tl;dr, my odds of completing the Pokedex in B2/W2 are rather slim.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:55 AM
★Midnight★

Nature: Quiet
I think there is just too many Pokémon, but I want to try and complete my Pokedex this time, because I've never done it. xD But I'll probably end up catching my favourites..
Old May 1st, 2012, 05:09 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
/Sigh.
I knew this would bite me in the behind. I always said I would catch every Pokemon that was legit possible to catch. I did it in all the previous games and seems I will be doing it again!
Old May 1st, 2012, 06:18 AM
dreamcatcher
Lump Appraiser

Nature: Naughty
I always catch every new Pokémon I see out of habit, it's what I've done since I was little. I just like the satisfying feeling of having obtained so many different pokes. Why would you only catch the Unova-native Pokémon? o: That seems like a waste with all of the returning pokes in BW2.
Old May 1st, 2012, 06:58 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
In my first playthrough of White, I caught every Pokemon I saw, just because I wanted to make sure I at least SAW everything. Seeing as there were so many new Pokemon introduced and that there were no older Pokemon to catch pre-League, I made a good attempt to catch all the Unova Pokemon.

In White 2, I have already resigned to using several pre-gen V Pokemon, so not a chance am I only going to catch Unova Pokemon, hahaha. I hadn't really thought about it but I might try to catch all the Pokemon in the regional Pokedex, anyway. If anything that'll only benefit me by the time I finish the game, so yeah, I'll give it a go.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:07 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I'd planned on catching them all but now I can't be bothered. I guess I'll only catch what I am going to use for my team.
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:43 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
I haven't really thought of catching 'em all and completing the Pokédex for any game I've played in this series. It's funny I only realize it now. But yeah, I've always thought of my caught Pokémon more as a small party of ragtag awesomeness that come out in the wild areas, which is why I only catch Pokémon when they would really be able to put significance in their own presence. Or when they look really nice, which is where the legendaries I catch fall under. Yep.

And since the addition of previous generation Pokémon acts as one of the biggest points that make me want to play these upcoming games, I will catch both older ones and Unova ones.
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:56 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Im going to try to complete the whole Pokedex, just because I want to and Id like to do that once before they add 100 more Pokemon for Gen 6.
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:23 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I like to "clear" all routes and get everything I can, but I'm not a fan of filling the National or regional dex. If they fill on their own, that's ok, if they don't fine too.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:02 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Nah. There were times when I tried to capture every Pokémon I saw in attempt to catch them all, but I never succeeded in doing so. Now, with B2/W2 having extended its Regional PokéDex to over 300, I just can't be bothered; let alone with the other 300+ Pokémon there is to collect outside of Regional Dex.

There are just too many different Pokémon species available today where catching them all seems far and wide compared to when it was just a mere 151. Nope, this time around I'll do like every other game and capture the Pokémon I like and want to train. Seeing as these sequels will include a large number of the older Pokémon, I look forward to having my team be a bit of a mix between the generations.
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:54 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I will try to complete and capture one of every form like I did in BW. I always come close..hopefully this time I'll complete the Nat dex...
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:07 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Speaking of this, I want a feature that lets you transfer Pokedex data, so you don't have to catch em all...again...
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:19 PM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Jolly
Well in B/W I tried to catch as many pokemon as I could and transfer the rest of mine, but It's not my first priority to do. I got pretty close though in Black, and it's something I don't think about while playing just let it happen.

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old May 1st, 2012, 03:24 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
You know how hard I had to bust my hump for 153 pokemon!

I really do want to try a Catch'em All Challenge, where you are not allowed to pass up on any pokemon you don't have.
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:47 PM
Lateon
The Eon Follower

Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
The only pokedex I've completed is the Hoenn one. I never could be bothered to complete the national dex. Maybe one day... I have it about halfway done on black and I go ahead and start evolving and such when I get bored.

Forum Activity
Wifi Activity

Currently Working On

Old May 1st, 2012, 05:02 PM
IKawaiiThief
Summer Sakura Trainer!

The gotta catch em all crap has been long but dropped, however, I miss only Shaymin, Darkrai and Arceus to complete the dex. Yes, I'ma be forced to catch em all over again in BW2.
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:00 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
Never in my pokemon life have i ever TRYED to catch all the pokemon usally if i attemp to do it i decide to delete the file and start over the game with an entirily different team i MAY atempt to fill the pokedex i would just have to
Hack some impossible pokemon in
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links