• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Gold hack: Pokemon Bronze [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
pokemonbronzesig.png

I grew up with Pokemon Gold as a kid, it was the first Pokemon game I had owned and I still play the story through from the beginning every year or so.
But I wanted to play a new Pokemon game in the Game Boy Colour generation of games, I could never really get into the newer games.
So I played Pokemon Brown and Prism and it inspired me to create a Pokemon Gold hack of my own!

Basically Pokemon Bronze is made in a similar way to Brown, I don't have a lot of rom hacking experience (almost none before I had even started) I had messed about making crappy hacks for myself but now I am doing my best to basically morph everything from Gold's story and areas so it feels like a new game in Generation II.

The Starters I've chosen are a mix of Red/Yellow and Gold. I went with Charmander, Totodile and Pichu as my personal "best of".

The Story Is basically your generic Pokemon affair, It is set right after the events in Gold and you leave home and get a Pokemon from a professor and defeat gym leaders and the elite four with a group of antagonists to battle along the way, and a rival.
That's the way I wanted to make it, a regular Pokemon game.

The Region for lack of a better name that I can think of is called Kohto, which sits south west of Kanto (which is connected via underground path) It has 8 towns and some new things/features are more varied environments such as patchy grass that Pokemon are less likely to appear in, and trees/paths have fade offs into grass and stuff.

Trailer:
1.png
3.png
2.png
7.png
5.png
11.png
12.png
14.png

And that's the gist of it.

A new basic Pokemon game in Generation II.

Download it here!: https://mega.nz/#!dl8FGKgA!8wJqH9yDO3CwMs5LG4TMekmE9EebGFgXu3y6VzfKAu4

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
The screenshots look good and so does the hero sprite. Though I think you should have a story or twists to the story.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
It looks good from the screenshots, and I also like the main character's sprite.

One question though, you say that Kohto is connected to Kanto via and underground path, so is Kanto going to appear in your hack? And if so, will it be modified at all or the standard Kanto from G/S/C?

Just Curious.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
These are the kinds of hacks I love! From the screens I can tell that this is a quality hack, I look forward to a release!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
It looks good from the screenshots, and I also like the main character's sprite.

One question though, you say that Kohto is connected to Kanto via and underground path, so is Kanto going to appear in your hack? And if so, will it be modified at all or the standard Kanto from G/S/C?

Just Curious.

Yes, part of Kanto does appear! And has a segment in the story. It has only been modified very slightly though.

Oh, and here are some trainer sprites I made for the game.

pokemon_trainer_sprites_by_freakorama1-d4upxw8-1.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Ooo!!
A Gold Hack, how very rare!!

From what I see, the screenshots look promising and with that, I wish you good luck with this project.

Just curious, will the original 251 pokémon be in? Or, will you try add some 3rd and 4th, maybe 5th gen in ?

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I'm not skilled enough to add in new Pokemon, it's just the original 251.
Plus, I'm not really interested in the newer ones.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hey there, Freako. Finally able to see your hack. It's a Gold hack. I hope to play the 1st Beta in a few months time.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Oh I don't plan on releasing a beta, I want to release the finished hack.
With of course if there are any bugs, fixes for that later on.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
A hero wearing a hoodie? I always wanted my character wearing one lol...
Anyways this looks really good and Gold is one of my favourites, good luck on finishing it, I look forward to it's release. :)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Nice choice of starter Pokemon. It's gonna be hard for me to decide between Pichu and Totodile!

Oh, and how will Pokemon like Kadabra, Haunter, and Scyther evolve?

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Without trading? I don't think I'd be able to implement that myself, no.
This hack isn't so much about catching all the Pokemon, I'm mostly making it so people can have a new adventure in Generation II.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2013
This looks fantastic, it's really impressive that you're so far through it already, it gives me hope that it won't get stuck in development hell, haha.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Yeap, even when I was in hospital for almost an entire month, every single day I was on my laptop working on this hack.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
I played a demo of this game and there were many things wrong with it.

First, I played it on a psp and the a button was where the b button should be

Secondly, the first pokemon I ran into was a level 2 raticate :(

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Oh shush you. :P That was months ago where barely that much was changed.

Back