• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Serperior VS [Samurott] VS Emboar

Which will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    yfMVi.png

f2GFa.png

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2019
    Choosing a starter in this generation was harder for me then it ever has been. I really like snivy and his evolution chain. I loved that emboar was fire/fighting and samaurott just looks so cool. I ended up with emboar and since I have yet to use the other two and havent been let down by mine yet emboar takes my vote.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • God, this is like the opposite of Sophie's Choice. Put them all in the gas chamber, for all I care...

If I had to choose one, it'd probably be Serperior. I used Samurott when playing through Black and ended up kinda hating it for its 'meh' movepool, stats and design. It was just mediocrity incarnate. Emboar, on the other hand, is a critter than I should like but really, really, don't. I mean... just look at it! It's so ugly and slow, and Fire/Fighting types have been done to death. So, that leaves Serperior. It looks sort of OK, and it's really fast, but it is a Grass-type, so that's kind of a Debbie Downer...

Tarje

BarkleyBlueBark
    Years
  • I agree emboar can learn close combat flare blitz shockwave and so many other moves I chose tepig too and will continue too snivy maybe in bw2 but more than likely emboar and if its a b name sparticus andand if its a girl name it tippy lol

dnomyar27

Beginning VulpixEevee Lover
    Years
  • Serperior VS Samurott VS Emboar

[SIZE="a"]Hi everyone, in white i choose Tepig because i thought it was the best of 'em. I like it, but one of my friends trade me a snivy egg and another friend gave me an oshawoott so I have train them all an i like em. Now in B2 W2 i wanna make a different team to see what happen[/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2016
    Samurott by far! He has swords and a beard, what more do you want? It also has access to Swords Dance and Megahorn, Waterfall ect.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Surprised Emboar is winning but that's what I voted as well. It was my bro in my only playthrough of White, a beast in-game, and looks like a tank. :3

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • This is a VERY tough one. Initially, I was drawn to Serperior, then I was drawn to Samurott. They are both pretty even!

I decided to vote for Serperior, since I like the previous evolutions much better than that of Samurott's. Plus, I am a sucker for grass-types.

Peeta

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I vote for Samurott... Emboar is just a slow, powerful fire/fighting... and Serperior... I don't even want to go into how bad it is ;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I've used each of them, and Serperior is by far the best for me! Emboar sucks, Samurott's a close second place.

Years
  • Samurott - Because I love Water Starters and he's what I chose in Black (I eventually traded a Serperior and Emboar over but Samurott is my original Unova starter). He can use Surf, which makes the difference.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think they're all awful and I didn't have an overly amazing experience using any of them. I will go with Emboar though because I like Fire types, despite picking Oshawott my first time through White. Samurott is bland to me and Serperior is alright, but nothing mind blowing. Yeeeah I really dislike this batch of starters.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I chose Serperior for this generation, but even that's not saying much. The starter Pokémon in this set have pretty wonky stats at best. Serperior has got the speed, which is rare for a grass-type, which is the main reason I chose that over the other two, but still, I find it strange that its defensive stats are higher than its offensive stats; usually it's the other way around. The other two are pretty great at one thing, but they both have no speed, plus Emboar has no defensive stats to back up that high amount of HP that it has.

There's my mouthful.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Although I know Serperior will win, COME ON EMBOAR, YOU HAVE THE POWER.

Emboar is best looking and the best, y'all who like the others are just limiting yourselves from true greatness in-game!! :(

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    never fancy grass types since they generally are poor in offense (unless they have another typing like torterra)

emboar is yet another fire/fighting starter, sick of that

so samurott it is

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Samurott looks plain awesome, so I went with it. Its movepool and stats aren't that bad either compared to the other 2 starters.

lovebear

Pokémon Professor in training
    Years
  • Even if I've never owned a Serperior I still voted for it just because of it's looks :P
    Now imagine if Serperior had a grass/dragon dual typing!

Back