The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Which do you pick?
13 31.71%
28 68.29%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:51 AM
Forever

Bulba being down is not good for our weekly polls and their images! Buuuut yeah, which of these two do you pick? n____n

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:56 AM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Nature: Quirky
I'm not really a fan of these two... but I chose Golurk due to having a unique type combination and a good movepool that abuses one of its abilities (Iron Fist). This thing hits really hard with Shadow Punch!

Cofagrigus just creeps me out plus it has a terrible movepool.

paired with kouzan and heartouch
pc battle server | tumblr | send me a vm

Old July 1st, 2012, 06:29 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Tough choice, but I went with Golurk simply because it's a possessed suit of armor that flies. That, and it has a good pool of punching moves to abuse Iron Fist with. Cofagrigus also somehow reminds me of Ramses from Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Old July 1st, 2012, 06:36 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Daaaang. I love both so much, too. D:
I love them both, and I'm a history nut, and I love that they're both involved with a big part of the history in Pokemon, but Cofagrigus looks like he used to be a king, and I have a soft spot for ancient royalty.
I'm going to have to go with...Cofagrigus. Such an awesome physical wall, amazing defense, decent Special Attack, and a pretty nifty movepool. Plus, I love that I feel like he's about to tell me "RETURN THE SLAAAB, OR SUFFER MY CUUUURSE."

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:47 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Altairis Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I like Golurk's design better, and I've used it a little bit in game and it was pretty cool. Cofagrigus just looks... scary and I remember when I first saw it I was like "wtf, is that even a Pokemon?" so... Golurk.
Old July 1st, 2012, 09:58 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Both are awesome, but I'm gonna go with Cofagrigus. It looks scary & has scary defense to match. But some of you are right, Golurk's Iron Fist Shadow Punch is a Killer.
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:05 PM
Scorpiopt

Both are great pokemon in terms of design , Golurk is superior in terms of typing and moovepool and stats so i go with Golurk

Old July 1st, 2012, 10:07 PM
Forever

I VOTED FOR COFAGRIGUS.

Desukan for one was an amazing name and for two idk it's p awesome in design whereas Golurk I never cared for unfortunately :(

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka

Last edited by Forever; July 1st, 2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: WHY DOES GAME = NAME FOR ME ;__;
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:26 PM
Vsjester13
Former battler

Nature: Naive
I voted for golurk and i'm now going to number my reasons
1. Great type
2. Awesome moveset
3. It can fly??? (really got me shocked when i found that out)
4. Great design

and thats it
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:41 AM
diab_low
#SmashingTheMaroons

Nature: Gentle
ooooh im undecided for this one they both are as cool as the other. I personally had more trouble dealing with cofagrigus than golurk in the game.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Cofagrigus was actually one of my favourite designed critters from Black and White - and I loved the little jig it did whenever I had to battle one... and yet I'm voting for Golurk in this scenario. It's got a much cooler typing, better stats and while it doesn't look as bad-ass (in a cartoony way, that is) as Cofagrigus, it still looks relatively OK for a ghostly golem. So, Golurk gets my vote!
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
I have to say Cofagrigus, who is actually one of the few B/W Pokemon that I can tolerate. It definitely gets it's Egyptian theme done well, without looking all too complicated (Luckily for it, GF decided not to put pointless spikes on Cofagrigus).

Golurk has an okay design, but it isn't really all too special. Plus, it's typing is all wrong (It should have been Ghost/Steel, I mean it's a giant robot), and it is actually not that good in battle.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Zephele
✧ leave it to me!

Cofagrigus was one of those Pokemon where I immediately went "OMG I NEED THIS" when initial images of it were first revealed (I think it was even just its backsprite). I though the idea of an Egyptian mummy for a Ghost-type was awesome at the time, and I really liked it's woogly arms.

But I have to say that Golurk takes this for me. A ghostly golem inspired by giant robots and can fly is pretty neat. And I do like how its diverse movepool, which takes advantage of one of its abilities.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Rivvon
they see me ridin'~they hatin'

Nature: Jolly
What a horrendously difficult choice! I love Cofagrigus for its really unique take on an otherwise inanimate object, but I love Golurk for its design, typing, and concept.
Normally this would be a tie, but I will vote for Golurk and his amazing flying prowess.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
It was a tough choice for me but in the end I pick Golurk due to it's type combo, and useful movepool.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
From Hell To The Stars

Nature: Quiet
Tough one for me too but I'm going with Cofagrigus since it was a bro to me when facing the E4 in White and saved my bacon when going up against Marshal which would have been one hell of a challenge for my team at the time otherwise.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'm not a large fan of either of them but I voted for Golurk. Golurk got my vote because the fact that it can learn Fly is interesting, because Cofagrigus annoyed me a lot in the Battle Subway with Trick Room and because it has awesome shiny colours (although Cofagrigus's are nice too).
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Evisector

Nature: Calm
I voted Golurk since as people have mentioned, it can fly and there is an upcoming event for a shiny one if you have White (which I do! :D)

Also, Ghost/Ground is a typing combo which I find unique
Old July 5th, 2012, 01:28 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Golurk. I EV trained one and really loved it. I love everything about the pokemon except the name Golurk. Still, Love it.

There is a place for Coffagirus, but betwwen the two, I prefer Golurk.
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Asuf
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
I never liked both, but after a second run through in Black, I caught Golett, evolved it and now I'm really digging Golurk, especially its ability to fly! It can really dish out hits and learns a variety of useful moves that suit the Pokemon such as Heavy Slam, it weighs 330Kg!

Old July 5th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
Cofagrigus, it intrigues me a lot. It's a little strange, and not very strong, but I don't know, there's something in it that appeals to me. Maybe its mysterious side ?
On the other hand I never payed attention to Golurk.

Old July 5th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

I'm really not a fan of either D: I've always detested Cofagrigus because tbh I think it looks terrible. :x The concept and design are both really bad imo and its battle style is pretty dull. Golurk is a completely different story though. I used to adore Golurk when it first came out; it's Ground/Ghost dual-typing seemed sooo cool. I was so excited to use one, but then when I finally did it was the biggest disappointment imaginable :c But I'm gonna go with Golurk just 'cos it can Fly. :3
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
This is a really hard decision, to be honest. They're both equally liked by me. Golurk is adorable, and who wouldn't like a ghost sarcophagus? HMM.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Vader
League Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Vader
Not my favorite Unova Ghost Pokemon, but I do like both almost equally. Cofagrigus is a mummy coffin thing with reminds me of ancient egypt, so I'll go with that.
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
alors on danse

Nature: Impish
I like Golurk because I'm not a big fan of Soul Eater. :( Sorrrry Alternative

It's just something about Cofagrigus that is...wrong. I mean, I like Yamask (because cute) but Cofagrigus just seems a tiny bit weird.

:(((((

could you ····ing not
·
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links