The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Cadance's Avatar
Cadance
& Shining Armour
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
It's fine. xD We do have PkMnTrainer Yellow for Roleplaying since you're interested in that. She'll take you around the section as well as recommend you a few roleplays. :)
__________________
  #102    
Old August 13th, 2012, 09:44 PM
rainerman3's Avatar
rainerman3
The Guy With THE Aura
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe, Estonia, Lääne-Virumaa, Aaspere
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to rainerman3
Hmm well that sucks. :/ i was hoping to get someone to help me make signatures and avatars...
__________________
Lugia
Pokeanalysis: You are very mysterious like the ocean abyss, choosing not to give away your true intentions and feelings. People don't know much about you, as you don't strive to be the center of attention like most people. You love your close friends and would do anything to protect them and defend them. You are kind and intelligent, and very powerful. You are a lover of peace and tranquility and hate meaningless violence. This makes you like Lugia!
  #103    
Old August 14th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Hovde's Avatar
Hovde
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arlington WA
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
sounds great. thanks. i was wondering exactly how this mentoring thing is going to work
  #104    
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Cadance's Avatar
Cadance
& Shining Armour
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Yellow has been contacted and she'll take you in when she gets a chance. Have fun! :)
__________________
  #105    
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:41 PM
p0kem0n789's Avatar
p0kem0n789
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fl
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
hi there
1. What boards are you most interested in? Creative Discussions i guess
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?Art Gallery ,
Game Development
3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? i think Off-Topic Discussions
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? the art of the sprite and Game Developments
  #106    
Old August 15th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Pinkish Purple's Avatar
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kirigakure
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
1. What boards are you most interested in? Emulation >:O

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? Fan Fiction (Stories~)

3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Not really FOR NOW....
write.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? To learn how to make a hack. I have always wanted to make one with Emerald.
  #107    
Old August 15th, 2012, 04:40 AM
BlueFireXXi's Avatar
BlueFireXXi
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Hello there!Im newish,and im confused about a LOT of thing's.I think you can help me.
1. What boards are you most interested in? Im intrested in ROM hacking as well as battling and,well,just plain out chatting
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? ROM hacking!
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes,i would like to go to alot more than listed above.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? ROM Hacking !
  #108    
Old August 15th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Cadance's Avatar
Cadance
& Shining Armour
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0kem0n789 View Post
hi there :)
1. What boards are you most interested in? Creative Discussions i guess
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?Art Gallery ,
Game Development
3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? i think Off-Topic Discussions
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? the art of the sprite and Game Developments
There's a bit of a problem with your request there. The Creative Discussions mentor, Abnegation, is currently not available. Your second choices, however, Art Gallery and Off-Topic, have mentors available. There's Cirno for Art Gallery, as well as Razor Leaf, Shining Raichu, and Livewire for Off-Topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
1. What boards are you most interested in? Emulation >:O

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? Fan Fiction (Stories~)

3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Not really FOR NOW....
write.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? To learn how to make a hack. I have always wanted to make one with Emerald.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFireXXi View Post
Hello there!Im newish,and im confused about a LOT of thing's.I think you can help me.
1. What boards are you most interested in? Im intrested in ROM hacking as well as battling and,well,just plain out chatting
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? ROM hacking!
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes,i would like to go to alot more than listed above.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? ROM Hacking !
For you two, we still have DrFuji and SwiftSign for Emulation. But I would like to remind you two that they are there to guide you around the section, not to answer questions or help you out with your hack. I cannot direct you to a mentor if you need that kind of help. There are sticky threads for those.
__________________
  #109    
Old August 15th, 2012, 07:06 AM
BlueFireXXi's Avatar
BlueFireXXi
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Oh,thank's...eh,im starting to get my bearing's,anyway's,so it's fine.
__________________
I like the fact that tomorrow,i will be able to make a game where everything is as cute as mareep...It's a happy thought...
  #110    
Old August 15th, 2012, 02:52 PM
IceFyr1928's Avatar
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Upper Canterlot, Equestria
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Well, i have had a bit of exp w/ forum typpe websites before (pokestadium, mostly for the pokecreator) so i like spriting... I guess i would like to learn about comp. battling ( pokestadium didnt explain that) and find any fic writing threads around. RAYQUAZA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED, AND FOR MY SAFETY I HAVE RELOCATED. YOU CAN FIND ME HERE
  #111    
Old August 15th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Cadance's Avatar
Cadance
& Shining Armour
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyr1928 View Post
Well, i have had a bit of exp w/ forum typpe websites before (pokestadium, mostly for the pokecreator) so i like spriting... I guess i would like to learn about comp. battling ( pokestadium didnt explain that) and find any fic writing threads around. RAYQUAZA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
Okay! That's a good way to start. :) Requility can take you around the Battling sections as well as Cirno who can take you around the Art Gallery sections as well. Depending on what you're interested in best. Both mentors are available. :D
  #112    
Old August 15th, 2012, 08:02 PM
That one username's Avatar
That one username
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Seeking mentor, Rom Hacking and maybe some fanfiction help too.

Alrighty, I'm finally getting into rom hacking after wanting to all these years.
I'm a pretty computer savvy guy myself, but never got into it. The sad part is now I have Windows 7 Home, so a majority of the tools will not work for me. I have a story board and plot scheme in the making. I'd like to create something that everyone is asking for but no one has given. I need a mentor to show me the ropes, and if you'd like to help me out when I restart my big project, then that would be perfectly fine.
__________________

http://www.facebook.com/PokemonKnaveyOfficial
Quote:
Yes, we spelled it wrong. Oops.
  #113    
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Cadance's Avatar
Cadance
& Shining Armour
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Kinda sounds like you want someone to help you out on your hack. I can direct you to one of the Emulation mentors if you want to learn more about the sections, but I will need to remind you that I can't direct you to a mentor if you just need help on your ROM Hack, or need someone on your team, as we have sticky threads for those, actually. If you're interested in learning where the tutorials are or the tools, as well as get a few questions answered, then I can direct you to DrFuji.
  #114    
Old August 16th, 2012, 08:53 AM
S7Kid's Avatar
S7Kid
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Argentina
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
1. What boards are you most interested in?

Current Generation Pokémon Gaming.

2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?

Black and White, Trade Corner and Competitive Battling Center.

3. What other boards are you willing to venture in?

Uhm, Pokémon Clubs I guess. I'll probably get into the other areas eventually.

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?

Try to catch up with the new generations (The current meta, new moves, builds and all that stuff) and meeting new people.
__________________
  #115    
Old August 16th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Cadance's Avatar
Cadance
& Shining Armour
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7Kid View Post
1. What boards are you most interested in?

Current Generation Pokémon Gaming.

2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?

Black and White, Trade Corner and Competitive Battling Center.

3. What other boards are you willing to venture in?

Uhm, Pokémon Clubs I guess. I'll probably get into the other areas eventually.

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?

Try to catch up with the new generations (The current meta, new moves, builds and all that stuff) and meeting new people.
& a big welcome to you, S7Kid. :D Current Generation Pokemon Gaming is a broad board, as we have mentors for separate sections. If you can tell me which area of that section you are willing to learn more about, that would be totally be splendid. :D I will let you know now that all mentors from Black & White, Trade Corner, and Competitive Battling Center (except for PlatinumDude) are available. :)
  #116    
Old August 16th, 2012, 03:25 PM
S7Kid's Avatar
S7Kid
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Argentina
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Well, those are actually the boards I'm interested in (Trade Corner > Black & White > Competitive Battling Center).
So uhm, I'd like Requility to be my mentor if that's okay.
__________________
  #117    
Old August 16th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Bladethorn's Avatar
Bladethorn
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Hi there, everyone! :D I'm Bladethorn and I came to the forums seeking help in learning how to use Pokemon Essentials with RPG Maker XP. I've always been interested in game making but I know next to nothing about it. So far I've been using tutorials and the wiki to help me get further but after seeing the mentor section I'm jumping to it.
Essentially, I'm looking for a mentor to show me the ropes for Pokemon Essentials and RPG making
(If someone is making a game and needs storyline help I'd be more than willing to trade writing assistance for technical help! I'm an experienced writer and would certainly feel less useless if I could trade help-for-help)
  #118    
Old August 16th, 2012, 09:53 PM
IceFyr1928's Avatar
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Upper Canterlot, Equestria
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Okay! That's a good way to start. Requility can take you around the Battling sections as well as Cirno who can take you around the Art Gallery sections as well. Depending on what you're interested in best. Both mentors are available. :D
I do belive Cirno sounds best pour moi! XD
Also may need help w/ the app & how to get around onit...
__________________
THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED, AND FOR MY SAFETY I HAVE RELOCATED. YOU CAN FIND ME HERE

Last edited by IceFyr1928; August 16th, 2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Tad bit more stuff to add
  #119    
Old August 16th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Cadance's Avatar
Cadance
& Shining Armour
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7Kid View Post
Well, those are actually the boards I'm interested in (Trade Corner > Black & White > Competitive Battling Center).
So uhm, I'd like Requility to be my mentor if that's okay.
Requility should have contacted you by now. Have fun! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladethorn View Post
Hi there, everyone! :D I'm Bladethorn and I came to the forums seeking help in learning how to use Pokemon Essentials with RPG Maker XP. I've always been interested in game making but I know next to nothing about it. So far I've been using tutorials and the wiki to help me get further but after seeing the mentor section I'm jumping to it.
Essentially, I'm looking for a mentor to show me the ropes for Pokemon Essentials and RPG making :)
(If someone is making a game and needs storyline help I'd be more than willing to trade writing assistance for technical help! I'm an experienced writer and would certainly feel less useless if I could trade help-for-help)
The problem here with your request is the Game Development mentor, Abnegation is unavailable at this time to show you around the GD section as well as showing you the ropes on the Pokemon Essentials program offered here on PC. If you would like to wait a bit for him to return, or if you would like to choose a different section to learn about, that's fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyr1928 View Post
I do belive Cirno sounds best pour moi! XD
Also may need help w/ the app & how to get around onit...
I shall contact Cirno asap. :D You'll hear from her pretty soon. Have fun!
__________________
  #120    
Old August 17th, 2012, 07:46 AM
S7Kid's Avatar
S7Kid
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Argentina
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Awesome. Thanks
I'll PM him/her now.
__________________
  #121    
Old August 17th, 2012, 09:24 AM
LiquoriceBeef
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
I'd like a mentor, preferably somebody who knows a bit about emulation and challenges.
1. What boards are you most interested in?
I am very interested in the ROM Hacking boards; I started out with Snakewood, loved it and now I'm hooked!
2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
I'd like to know more about ROM Hacking, as I really find it fascinating and want to know more.
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
Yep! I'd like to learn more about challenges, the Nuzlocke thingy sounds interesting.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
Nope. Could you suggest a few?

Edit: I've been on the boards for a few weeks but I haven't been feeling very ambitious so I literally have done NOTHING. I urgently need a mentor!

Last edited by LiquoriceBeef; August 17th, 2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
  #122    
Old August 17th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Cadance's Avatar
Cadance
& Shining Armour
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I'd be happy to direct you to DrFuji if you like. :D He's an Emulation mod and he'll be more than happy to guide you around the sections there. Glad to see you enjoyed our hacks. :D I would have directed you to Sydian, who's currently the Challenges mentor, but she is not available at this time.

If you respond by tonight, you'll be adopted. Kinda busy at this time so I'll do my best to get you adopted by then. :)
__________________
  #123    
Old August 17th, 2012, 11:45 AM
LiquoriceBeef
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
I'd love to be paired with DrFuji. Am I responding too late? :c
  #124    
Old August 17th, 2012, 07:07 PM
TrainerThuanology
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
What Boards are you interested in? Roleplay, General pokemon gaming, Rom/Hacks,(new to everything)
What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Getting to understand the challenges
Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes I would like to be a mentor if that's possible, possibly provide more information about pokemon and jazz like that.
  #125    
Old August 18th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Rocket_Bailey's Avatar
Rocket_Bailey
Rocket's secret Weapon
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wales
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
1. What boards are you most interested in? Fan fictions, Role play, Chat and challenge games. 2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? The role play mostly. 3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? Maybe looking into Roms and the anime discussion forums. 4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Again mostly the role play and the chatting with new friends.
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.