Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation
Reload this Page 4th Generation: Did you like the follow me feature?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

View Poll Results: Do you prefer having the follow me feature compared to not having it?
Yes! 33 76.74%
No! 5 11.63%
I'm on the fence on this one! 0 0%
I enjoy playing with and without the feature! 5 11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 7th, 2012 (08:54 AM).

Nature: Sassy
I really liked it, but by the end of the game it did get pretty old.

It'd be nice to see it return as an option, like you can choose to have your Pokemon follow you or not.
Old September 8th, 2012 (07:08 AM).
Back

Nature: Gentle
Uncannily, I didn't like this feature. I thought I'd really like it, since I totally missed this feature that I had loved in the Yellow version. I can't explain why. The Pokémon following me just... Annoyed me. The time it took when you want that the Pokémon following you use a HM was pretty boring. I could have totally done without it.

Old September 11th, 2012 (01:56 PM).
Pokefriend

Nature: Gentle
I always feel close to my Pokemon. If they were real I would have more than 6 out of the box so they could go with me places and stay in my house and be friends. They kinda remind me of my toy animals. I LOVED this feature and I wish it was in every game! I wish I could walk with my linoone in Black and Platinum and The Legend of Zelda and Portal 2 and the supermarket! :D
Also really cool 'cause I was 1yr old when yellow came out so I didn't get to experience that.

I like it because in my mind, all my Pokemon have personality, feelings, and they want to help me be the best trainer ever. That really felt real when they added this feature.
Old September 15th, 2012 (06:35 PM).
Psalm 141:3

Nature: Adamant
The argument saying it's pointless is valid, I guess. Bu that doesn't make it any less cool. Everything from the Manga to the horrible Anime, they have Pokemon out of the balls a lot. So why not the games?

I really liked the feature, it may not have had a real purpose, but it added immersion and that's good enough for me.
Old September 17th, 2012 (06:07 PM).

I loved it, even way back during Yellow. Made feel closer to my pokemon and I was disappointed it was left out in B/W(2).

Real gamers play for fun.
Old September 18th, 2012 (03:42 AM).
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
Well I liked it alot and i'm gonna be mainstream here and say that I too was disappointed when it wasn't in BW OR B2W2. I though due to popular demand, that they would bring it back. I mean someone from Game Freak could be very well watching us right now. It's sort of a coincidence how everybody started talking about a Gen V PMD, and all of a sudden they decide to make one. What i'm saying is obviously, they're trying to please the fans. (I was going a bit off-topic there D: ).

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old September 18th, 2012 (06:11 AM).

Nature: Modest
May someone please tell why this feature was taken out gen 5? I loved it.... And i mean official reason (if the have given one out) I mean seriously so many people loved it how could they take it out? It's like not listening to the consumer when you are making a new Burger and decide oh some people dont like tomatoes lets take them all out, and not give them the option to get any, In my opinion this should at least have been a toggle able feature
Old September 18th, 2012 (08:42 AM).
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

Meant to vote I enjoy playing both but didn't click in time.
Old September 18th, 2012 (10:26 PM).
satisfaction brought it back
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Paparazzo:
Meant to vote I enjoy playing both but didn't click in time.
That's fine!

What makes you take this stance? Did you ever find yourself more enjoying one than the other? Or has things been level with you since their introductions?

Just curious!
Old September 21st, 2012 (07:15 AM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I absolutely loved this future, I was really upset that it wasn't in Gen V! D: It was so cool having your partner follow you around and some of the Pokémon looks seriously badass behind you. I do wish they'd make it so you could choose any Pokémon from your part to follow you so you could have something cute follow you whilst training something else, but that's only a minor thing :p Plus the way they were able to pick up items and gold leaves was very cool and it was a good way to get a rough idea of their happiness level :3
Old September 21st, 2012 (09:23 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The follow me feature was a neat concept in HG/SS, but I didn't mind playing without it in later games and in D/P/Pt. In HG/SS, I liked all my team members equally, so I switch around my team order from time to time.

Old September 21st, 2012 (11:04 AM).
Follow no false light.
Crystal Tier

i loved this feature so much! Starting off, having your starter pokemon follow you around, it felt so...gah it felt so nostalgic. (even though it was the first time I had played a Johto game) And I loved how if the pokemon was shiny, they'd be shiny in the sprite that followed you. :D

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)